Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2014, 11:51 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The problem is that the Pit Bull defenders like to fudge the numbers - if a Pit isn't pure breed and has papers to prove then it's not a Pit. That essentially ruled out most of the Pits out there as non-Pits. Using their standard, most of the dogs in our world would have no breed at all.
I fail to how telling the is "fudging the numbers".

Many dogs are mixed breeds......if you can't see the difference......try bringing your standards up.

Last edited by Driller1; 04-18-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2014, 12:32 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
Quote:
The problem is that the Pit Bull defenders like to fudge the numbers - if a Pit isn't pure breed and has papers to prove then it's not a Pit. That essentially ruled out most of the Pits out there as non-Pits. Using their standard, most of the dogs in our world would have no breed at all.
So.....should we use the CDC's standards?

They openly admit that they don't know either.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:41 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Man, I am glad to live in a neighborhood with no pits, pit-like dogs, etc.
We will keep our collies, goldendoodles, ****zus, and other froofy mutts.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:49 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Man, I am glad to live in a neighborhood with no pits, pit-like dogs, etc.
We will keep our collies, goldendoodles, ****zus, and other froofy mutts.
Don't be a hater.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:15 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Are you F****** kidding me??
No, Im not kidding you.
From the article:

Police say a pit bull chased a teenager into the street and both were hit and killed by a car.

"Apparently a dog chased him and he was trying to get away from the dog,†Alicia said.

Several witnesses reported the dog was after Davon and the teen ran into the street in an attempt to escape. Devon and the dog were struck by a car and killed.

No where did I see it stated that the dog was vicious or that the boy was in danger. Have you never had a dog run towards you?

I remember years ago when I had rotties a woman came up from the woods toward our backyard. My Rott ran at her barking and growling. The lady did not run. She commanded my dog to SIT DOWN! And she did, flopped out her tongue and the lady patted her on the head as she spoke to us. If the lady had run I imagine the dog would have chased. The dog was not vicious nor was the lady in danger.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:24 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No, Im not kidding you.
From the article:

Police say a pit bull chased a teenager into the street and both were hit and killed by a car.

"Apparently a dog chased him and he was trying to get away from the dog,” Alicia said.

Several witnesses reported the dog was after Davon and the teen ran into the street in an attempt to escape. Devon and the dog were struck by a car and killed.

No where did I see it stated that the dog was vicious or that the boy was in danger. Have you never had a dog run towards you?

[b][u]I remember years ago when I had rotties a woman came up from the woods toward our backyard. My Rott ran at her barking and growling. The lady did not run. She commanded my dog to SIT DOWN! And she did, flopped out her tongue and the lady patted her on the head as she spoke to us. If the lady had run I imagine the dog would have chased. The dog was not vicious nor was the lady in danger.

Cool story bro. I only wish it was the "Little Man Syndrome" dog owners that had to worry about Pit attacks. Unfortunately it is usually the neighbor or innocent child that the dogs attack.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:03 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
It just said the dog was giving chase.
EXACTLY!!

Ding! Ding! Ding!!!

Oh wait.......

In your world, a dog chasing someone into the traffic, and a 17 yr old scared enough to run into traffic, and witnesses using words like "the Pit was after him" and "trying to escape from the Pit Bull" mean... the dog is not vicious.

Ok, got it. When a man running after you with a gun he's just trying to be friendly. Yes, makes perfect sense.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:14 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,227,271 times
Quote:
No, Im not kidding you.
From the article:

"Apparently a dog chased him and he was trying to get away from the dog,” Alicia said.

This is the height a person's delusion. Words are right in black and white and he doesn't see them.

Quote:
I remember years ago when I had rotties a woman came up from the woods toward our backyard. My Rott ran at her barking and growling. The lady did not run. She commanded my dog to SIT DOWN! And she did, flopped out her tongue and the lady patted her on the head as she spoke to us. If the lady had run I imagine the dog would have chased. The dog was not vicious nor was the lady in danger.
Now, you're off to never never land. How do you even know that's how things went down?!!!

You ARE delusional. If your Rott was barking and growling, guess what? He WAS BEING HOSTILE. Just because the lady defused the situation doesn't change the fact that your dog was Hostile and SHE WAS IN DANGER.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
EXACTLY!!

Ding! Ding! Ding!!!

Oh wait.......

In your world, a dog chasing someone into the traffic, and a 17 yr old scared enough to run into traffic, and witnesses using words like "the Pit was after him" and "trying to escape from the Pit Bull" mean... the dog is not vicious.

Ok, got it. When a man running after you with a gun he's just trying to be friendly. Yes, makes perfect sense.
My question is what made the 17 year old afraid of the dog???

Just because it looked like a pit bull.......what a shame......all the false information could well have attributed to his fear.

Was he never taught how to deal with dogs??....Again a shame.

The dog did not have a gun....keep your fears in check.....they are distorting the facts.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:21 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My question is what made the 17 year old afraid of the dog???

Just because it looked like a pit bull.......what a shame......all the false information could well have attributed to his fear.

Was he never taught how to deal with dogs??....Again a shame.

The dog did not have a gun....keep your fears in check.....they are distorting the facts.
bebop is a just a tad delusional; why would anyone with a gun have to chase someone?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies