Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 02:27 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
and that's fine with us. we do not need violent dogs in our society. the middle ages are gone. dogs have gone the way of horses. yes they are "cute" companions but not needed in society to protect us or to herd sheep. technology has changed all that. at the least, get rid of those who can maim and kill.
People use dogs to hunt......hunt is a huge part of the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 02:50 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well because I was standing there and I walked out to meet and speak with the lady. The dog was barking and growling because a stranger was walking onto the property. Dogs are not hostile. She was protecting her territory. If the dog was aggressive and she was in danger the lady would have been attacked at the very least bitten. She was licked.

Quote:
Dog was on my property. What if that lady had been a thug with a gun? What if she had been a bear?
Sometimes people have dogs to protect their home and livestock. Just because a dog barks or even growls does not mean the dog is dangerous or will bite. I live alone in the country, at least 30 minutes for a cop to get to me, I want my dogs to bark at strangers. If the person is a threat, my barking dog allows me enough time to get my gun.

I've been barked at by more poms than pits.

You need to take a minute and think about what you're saying. Because you're telling us things that are contradictory - on one hand the dog is protective, it is on high alert, you need protection, you want the dog to be guarded, it's defending its territory. On the other hand, you're saying the dog is not hostile even in the state of guarding its territory and on high alert barking and growling.

uh-eh. A friendly tail wagging non-aggressive highly protective friendly barking growling dog on high alert. That's what you're trying to tell us. And I think that when you really think about what you're saying, even you'd chuckle.

Quote:
If the dog was aggressive and she was in danger the lady would have been attacked at the very least bitten. She was licked.
I sincerely hope you realize that biting is NOT the only form of aggression. A dog CAN be aggressive without actually biting someone. You DO know that right?

Old 04-21-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
You need to take a minute and think about what you're saying. Because you're telling us things that are contradictory - on one hand the dog is protective, it is on high alert, you need protection, you want the dog to be guarded, it's defending its territory. On the other hand, you're saying the dog is not hostile even in the state of guarding its territory and on high alert barking and growling.

uh-eh. A friendly tail wagging non-aggressive highly protective friendly barking growling dog on high alert. That's what you're trying to tell us. And I think that when you really think about what you're saying, even you'd chuckle.
Not at all....she is saying she has control of her dog.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post

I know the boy would have had to gotten a huge head start for the dog not to have taken him down.

He did not get a huge head start. The dog was on him. That's why he had to make a sudden sharp cut into the street in order to avoid the dog taking him down. That's why the car had no time to stop and couldn't avoid hitting them.

All this time you thought he ran into the street just because???!!!!!

Your "comprehension" of the events never stopped to astound me.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Not at all....she is saying she has control of her dog.
She DIDN'T have control of the dog. That's why it got to the lady barking and growling.

If she had control of the dog it never would have gotten to the point where the lady had to do something to defuse the situation.

Jesus, you guys sound like really bad dog owners!!

Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
He did not get a huge head start. The dog was on him. That's why he had to make a sudden sharp cut into the street in order to avoid the dog taking him down. That's why the car had no time to stop and couldn't avoid hitting them.

All this time you thought he ran into the street just because???!!!!!

Your "comprehension" of the events never stopped to astound me.
You lack of knowing how fast a dog can run is surprising to me.

My dog run about 25 MPH along side of our pick up truck....somedays 20 miles.....somedays more.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
She DIDN'T have control of the dog. That's why it got to the lady barking and growling.

If she had control of the dog it never would have gotten to the point where the lady had to do something to defuse the situation.

Jesus, you guys sound like really bad dog owners!!
Sure she had control.....the lady was not bit.

My dogs can't be stopped.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
You lack of knowing how fast a dog can run is surprising to me.

My dog run about 25 MPH along side of our pick up truck....somedays 20 miles.....somedays more.

Are you suggesting that the way to control a dog is to out-run it and catch-up to it??

Wow. You are a bad dog owner.

It doesn't matter how fast my dog runs, all it takes is one command from me and they stop dead on their track and return to me.

NO dog can out run my voice. Think about that.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the way to control a dog is to out-run it and catch-up to it??

Wow. You are a bad dog owner.

It doesn't matter how fast my dog runs, all it takes is one command from me and they stop dead on their track and return to me.

NO dog can out run my voice. Think about that.
Then why did the boy not just tell the dog to stop???

Old 04-21-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Sure she had control.....the lady was not bit.

LOL. I'll let that statement speak for itself.

Quote:
My dogs can't be stopped.
Of course not.

Mine can.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies