Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 07:56 PM

58 posts, read 76,335 times

Advertisements

Affluenza maybe? Worked for Ethan Couch.

Good thing he didn't run over and kill 4 people on the side of the road, high on pills, while fleeing the store in his Ford pickup after stealing those crab legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 08:56 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
The story about Winston getting "mobbed by fans for autographs" -- on a rainy night, near closing time, in the cow town that is Tallahassee, FL -- is a huge stretch. It sounds like it was written by the same SNL-castoff that penned Winston's "apology".

This kid has gathered a lot of baggage in the last two years, from the alleged sexual assault, to the BB-gun incident, to the FreeSodaUniversity caper at BK. What he lacks in IQ is overshadowed by what he lacks in character.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:03 PM

698 posts, read 568,118 times
Oh my word! What an awful example to set for our children!

Old 05-03-2014, 09:18 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VendorDude View Post
Oh my word! What an awful example to set for our children!
I know that's sarcastic, but my guess is guys like this are looked up to by tons of kids...especially minorities that aspire to be him and often have no father at home. I'm not saying Winston should accept the role model gig at 20 yrs old...but he can't ditch it being the Heisman trophy winner/national champion and all...

Old 05-03-2014, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I know that's sarcastic, but my guess is guys like this are looked up to by tons of kids...especially minorities that aspire to be him and often have no father at home. I'm not saying Winston should accept the role model gig at 20 yrs old...but he can't ditch it being the Heisman trophy winner/national champion and all...
Good thing he didn't run over and kill 4 WHITE people on the side of the road, drunk, high on pills, while fleeing the store in his Ford pickup after stealing beer like Ethan Couch and then have his father get him 0 days in jail. Right Eddie?

Old 05-03-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro Art View Post
Good thing he didn't run over and kill 4 WHITE people on the side of the road, drunk, high on pills, while fleeing the store in his Ford pickup after stealing beer like Ethan Couch and then have his father get him 0 days in jail. Right Eddie?
Who does he play for? I know of Tim Couch, but as far as I know he never killed anyone.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Who does he play for? I know of Tim Couch, but as far as I know he never killed anyone.
He plays for the "4 Time Murders" out of Texas. Use your googles and interwebs for something other than your plexiglass crusade for meaningful dialogue on here. Ethan Couch, affluenza defense, Ethan Couch.

Cut and paste. Since it seems you prefer to have things spoon fed and spelled out for you.

How'd the color of the shingles on the house turn out? Looking good?

Old 05-03-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
He plays for the "4 Time Murders" out of Texas. Use your googles and interwebs for something other than your plexiglass crusade for meaningful dialogue on here. Ethan Couch, affluenza defense, Ethan Couch.

Cut and paste. Since it seems you prefer to have things spoon fed and spelled out for you.

How'd the color of the shingles on the house turn out? Looking good?
Oh, make no mistake, I knew who you referred to. What sailed over your head was - what does a 16 yr old kid have to do with a 20 yr old college sophomore that won the Heisman trophy and is on the verge of inking a $10M+ contract? That is the question you should be asking yourself.

And yes, I like the shingles. New shingles with a little texture (architectural) make a dramatic difference. Now I just need to get a new roof on the garage.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Oh, make no mistake, I knew who you referred to. What sailed over your head was - what does a 16 yr old kid have to do with a 20 yr old college sophomore that won the Heisman trophy and is on the verge of inking a $10M+ contract? That is the question you should be asking yourself.

And yes, I like the shingles. New shingles with a little texture (architectural) make a dramatic difference. Now I just need to get a new roof on the garage.
I knew what you meant when you said Tim Couch, I mean, Tim Ouch.

But what sends a bigger/ broader message.... run over and kill 4 people and blame your parents financial status and get probation, or get caught stealing some crab legs and only harm your own reputation/ draft value?

You're a sports guy Eddie, I know you get this, I know you get this.

And yes, I thought the colors you showed/ chose from were pretty damn good. Hopefully the garage roof turns out just as good man.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Quote:
I knew what you meant when you said Tim Couch, I mean, Tim Ouch.

But what sends a bigger/ broader message.... run over and kill 4 people and blame your parents financial status and get probation, or get caught stealing some crab legs and only harm your own reputation/ draft value?

You're a sports guy Eddie, I know you get this.
I'm just not seeing a connection here. Rich people have almost always had an advantage during legal proceedings. I'm not sure how that is supposed to take the spotlight off Winston stealing crab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events