Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 10:07 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times

Advertisements

Criminal negligence if he didn't know. Assault in the first degree if he knew.

OTOH, driving under the influence should not be a misdemeanor. Since she lost her eyeball, she has been punished quite enough. He still needs prison. They didn't release the video to the public, which would have made it much easier. But if she is on the ground with her hands behind her back, she can't be resisting that much. Using any additional force, even regular pepper spray at that point, would have been grounds for punishment. Shooting her in the eyeball with a pepper spray GUN (400mph + uses gun powder = a gun) is not acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 01:12 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
Normal 10% LEO pepper spray does NOT do that. The JPX pistol fires a high velocity pepper projectile, which is 405 ft per sec, and is NOT a normal restraint tool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
Criminal negligence if he didn't know. Assault in the first degree if he knew.

Was he certified to use that weapon in that manner? Was he shot in the eyes within 5 feet?

If so, he needs to be held responsible for his misbehavior.

If not, he still needs to be held responsible, but so does his agency if they authorized him to carry that weapon without proper training.

He needs to prove that he can take exactly what he dishes out; he needs to be shot in the eye with an identical device and at the same range in full view of a judge and jury, and then explain why it was an appropriate use of force.

That device will soon be off the market, IMHO. It's not the normal OC spray which is actually designed to be sprayed in the eyes at grappling range.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:40 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
I never heard of the jpx pepper spray weapon. On a very rare occasion I use pepper spray on my job (mailman), about twice in 20 years, but it is mild and causes only temporary discomfort. This sounds like a quite dangerous weapon.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:38 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I never heard of the jpx pepper spray weapon. On a very rare occasion I use pepper spray on my job (mailman), about twice in 20 years, but it is mild and causes only temporary discomfort. This sounds like a quite dangerous weapon.
I'm sorry. I've worked in dangerous jobs before. I get a good laugh though out of imagining the situations that would force you to pepper spray someone delivering mail. Was it an animal? Was it a person that wanted to hold your responsible for them getting junk mail? Perhaps someone demanding you explain why their child doesn't write more often?

Old 05-25-2014, 11:40 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Only one sentence is appropriate: death.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:20 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
Quote:
I'm sorry. I've worked in dangerous jobs before. I get a good laugh though out of imagining the situations that would force you to pepper spray someone delivering mail. Was it an animal? Was it a person that wanted to hold your responsible for them getting junk mail? Perhaps someone demanding you explain why their child doesn't write more often?
READ Kanhawks post AGAIN, he said was a mailman which if you think about that, then it would have been a DOG!! Duh, Did you not understand his meaning??

Old 05-25-2014, 04:04 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,378,123 times
Quote:
I have only sprayed aggressive dogs that were in attack mode, not humans. Even then, the pepper spray was only a minor irritant that backed the dogs off. This weapon appears to be something much more dangerous, more like for riot control.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I have only sprayed aggressive dogs that were in attack mode, not humans. Even then, the pepper spray was only a minor irritant that backed the dogs off. This weapon appears to be something much more dangerous, more like for riot control.
At a velocity of 400 ft per second, I would say lethal if close enough.

Old 05-25-2014, 05:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Use of weapons against non violent protestors is a bad idea always
The police need to rethink this

Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Use of weapons against non violent protestors is a bad idea always
The police need to rethink this
Agreed, but then history will prove to us that cops HATE to be outnumbered, no matter what the intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events