Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 10:21 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times

Advertisements

cops on the police officer forums clearly act and talk like they are above the law, at least many of them do. It comes with the personality type of your typical police officer. We have a security guard at work who is a typical police officer type, he even looks like one.

His wife cannot do anything like buy an outfit at wal-mart without consulting him, and the amount of rules and restrictions on his children are also quite extreme, though from what I've seen of the children they seem normal enough compared to this guy so it's not like they are abused or anything, people like this for whatever reason seem the need to micro-manage everything around them and have things done their way and to the letter. If their authority is not respected, watch out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 10:32 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
cops on the police officer forums clearly act and talk like they are above the law, at least many of them do. It comes with the personality type of your typical police officer. We have a security guard at work who is a typical police officer type, he even looks like one.

His wife cannot do anything like buy an outfit at wal-mart without consulting him, and the amount of rules and restrictions on his children are also quite extreme, though from what I've seen of the children they seem normal enough compared to this guy so it's not like they are abused or anything, people like this for whatever reason seem the need to micro-manage everything around them and have things done their way and to the letter. If their authority is not respected, watch out.
True, until they get suspended or fired, get their weapon taken and then they whimper like they were just castrated! (Nope, don't like cops much.)

Old 05-26-2014, 10:49 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
ultimately people who are over-restrictive and feel the need to control everyone around them are really just expressing their own insecurity. People who are secure with themselves have no need to be like this. I feel sorry for these types more than anything. I try not to get caught up in media sensationalism because a lot of cops are just people trying to do their jobs.

Guy at work is one of them, but he quit being a cop because he couldn't handle all the 'trash' he had to see in real life, all the domestic abuse, husbands who are chronic alcoholics, meth addicts, things like that. It's true there's lots of dysfunctional people out there... it makes me realize how good a husband and father I'd actually be if I was together with someone, when I hear people tell their stories...

Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 AM

723 posts, read 868,767 times
yeah, **** that idiot copper, let the inmates have their fun with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events