Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,179,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Many shows (even some country acts) are set up with a pit area. No, the entire crowd isn't rushing the stage, but everyone with a pit pass tends to press toward the stage. If you're toward the front, you're really at the mercy of everyone behind. And if they get too enthusiastic, you can get crushed. I know Toby sometimes has a pit setup.

Is it illegal to bring a child? No. And I don't think it should be. But as a privately owned facility, the concert venue has the right to impose whatever rules they see fit. And when there are issues of liability involved, they're going to err on the side of caution. They don't want to have a lawsuit brought against them when a child is crushed in a pit.
As a metalhead and someone who used to frequent the mosh pits... That is no area to be with a child, let alone breastfeeding one. I have almost been trampled at a concert and I am a large man that can protect myself.

When I first read it, the thing that immediately came to my mind was "What does her being a Navy Wife have to do with anything?" Strikes me about the same as that Cracker Barrel story recently.

As someone who has lived in two huge military areas over last 10 years... Hell Hath No Fury Like A Military Wife (who thinks shes been) Scorned.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:32 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Young CHILDREN, not just nursing babies either, should not be exposed to loud music? Child abuse????? I took my older daughter to see Annie on Broadway when she was 4 years old. Our seats were a few rows from the Orchestra Pit. Oh, NO!!!!!!!

My younger daughter had colic. I would put her in her carrier, and BLAST MTV, and sing and dance with her. She LIKED that and stopped crying. My huband would reguarly blast his music on the stereo, and WAR MOVIES on the TV with very, very loud GUN FIRE. No, No, No!!!!!!

My younger daughter, now 30 years old and a Mom herself, can comment herself if she has "hearing problems" today from all the LOUD MUSIC, and Daddy's War Movies! lol

Old 07-22-2014, 02:11 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,433,530 times
This thread was about THIS woman claiming that she was told she couldn't breastfeed at a concert. It was not about
1) Rule books???
2) Bottle feeding
3) Discussing moderation
4) Personal attacks
5) Trolling
6) Her husband
7) Plush women's bathrooms (Allow me a moment to laugh at that one)
8) Eating while in the toilet.
ETC

So with that said consider this thread and the topic

CLOSED
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events