Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 04:25 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,268,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferL View Post
Many breastfed baby's refuse the bottle. My two would have nothing to do with a bottle until they were older.
And maybe some women don't want to use a bottle. It's up to mom and baby to decide what's best for them.
Indeed. What's key here is that folk are not thinking about the actual breast feeding, and all that it entails, but boobs. That's it and it's silly.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:37 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,072,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
If you stop sexualizing nursing, making it a filthy thing like defication, or making it anything more/less than what it is (a mother feeding her child), you would be better off. If you eat in public then you have no right to tell a baby not to.
How is going to the bathroom "filthy"?

Old 07-14-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
How is going to the bathroom "filthy"?
Going to the bathroom to eat is filthy, especially public bathrooms.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:59 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,930,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post

Why are the self righteous typically the ones who scream the loudest about personal responsibility, freedoms, but are the first to pass judgment?
I am more than conservative and don't care what a woman does with her breasts or kids. She can sit in front of the White House and suckle her babes until the cows come home; they are all hers and I don't even want to know of them.

I am curious as to who is first to pass judgement.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Going to the bathroom to eat is filthy, especially public bathrooms.

I cannot argue with you on public bathrooms!!!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
I am more than conservative and don't care what a woman does with her breasts or kids. She can sit in front of the White House and suckle her babes until the cows come home; they are all hers and I don't even want to know of them.

I am curious as to who is first to pass judgement.
I don't think it's awful this lady wants to breast feed, but I do wonder why she would bring a baby to a concert. I have been to country western concerts, and while it's not like a mosh pit, there is a beer line and it's LOUD....concerts unless it's "The Wiggles" or "Sesame Street Live" are no places for a baby.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,980,791 times
My wife breast fed in public all the time when I kids were little. All you have to do is cover up with a poncho or something similar. Lots of people would pass by and never notice what was going on. IMHO, a nursing mother can avoid any problems as long as she doesn't try to draw attention to herself. Unfortunately, some women just need that attention

Old 07-14-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower00 View Post
I cannot argue with you on public bathrooms!!!!!!!!
I read this article about the things growing in public bathrooms and it would freak you out. It's so nasty. We shouldn't even wear shoes in our homes after walking in public restrooms. I'm going to try to find that article...

Got it!
Quote:
Public bathrooms house thousands of kinds of bacteria:

If you are the sort of person who does not like to use public restrooms, I will warn you right now, this article is going to cause you some concern. It may lead you to hold it until you get home. It may even lead you to abandon bathrooms altogether for a bear’s life of pooping in the woods. The bears, after all, never have to worry about whether or not to put toilet paper around the rim of the seat. Then again, bears also don’t live in cities with million of other pooping bears.
Public bathrooms house thousands of kinds of bacteria | Guest Blog, Scientific American Blog Network

Old 07-14-2014, 05:37 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,193,627 times
Quote:
I suggest you do the right thing and stop learing at a baby nursing and do not pervert it. And that is the problem here. Other people's perversion. Never in my life have I seen a mother flaunt a breast. The vast majority are busy tending to their babies as a mother should.
You are sick and twisted and need help for insinuating I take something I cherished and pervert it.

I work in one of the busiest restaurants in South Florida and see it a lot more often than you think.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
You are sick and twisted and need help for insinuating I take something I cherished and pervert it.

I work in one of the busiest restaurants in South Florida and see it a lot more often than you think.
I'm not the one with the problem of a mother feeding her chilld. And you're damn straight it's sick to to take it as anything more/less, so frigging get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events