Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 06:14 AM

371 posts, read 456,009 times

Advertisements

Why is the 'Navy' aspect included? Is that important or something, does it add or detract from the incident? I guess having family members in the military gives you implied immunity.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:48 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,848,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Some people think the sight of a mother nursing a child is a beautiful experience, but I always feel a little creepy when I see it. Go somewhere with some privacy and do it there rather than whipping out your boob for the world to see.

Sorry, that is just the way I feel.

Don
There are discrete ways to do it and there are obvious, trying to make a spectacle and a political statement way to do it. Done discretely, you would probably have to be sitting directly adjacent to know what is going on, unles you are the type to stare down women with infants in public so you can be "creeped" out if they dare try it in your presence. The alternative is to let the infant scream bloody murder. I'm sure that wouldn't bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
Who would even notice or care about breastfeeding at a concert?
My guess is someone noticed an idiot mother with a newborn in a mosh pit and reported that instead.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 AM

4,632 posts, read 12,342,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
There are discrete ways to do it and there are obvious, trying to make a spectacle and a political statement way to do it. Done discretely, you would probably have to be sitting directly adjacent to know what is going on, unles you are the type to stare down women with infants in public so you can be "creeped" out if they dare try it in your presence. The alternative is to let the infant scream bloody murder. I'm sure that wouldn't bother you.

My guess is someone noticed an idiot mother with a newborn in a mosh pit and reported that instead.
A Mosh pit at a country venue, are you serious? If you're in row M once the show starts you are not allowed to go any closer at every country show I've ever been to.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:02 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,302,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
A Mosh pit at a country venue, are you serious? If you're in row M once the show starts you are not allowed to go any closer at every country show I've ever been to.
As I mentioned above, there are country acts to use a pit setup. You have to have a pit pass to be in that area, but they can get very rowdy, especially when there's copious amounts of beer involved.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:05 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,302,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I agree. My guess is that the venue management didn't want a baby in the pit area for safety/liability reasons and tried to remove them. So she decided to play victim and amp it up by claiming she was being told not to breastfeed, and OH! don't forget she's a NAVY WIFE too!! That should garner some sympathy!

Old 07-14-2014, 09:11 AM

7,279 posts, read 10,991,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Unfortunately, there has been an upsurge of women like these who use their infants to gain attention for themselves. They yell discrimination against breastfeeding when the real issue is their own idiocy of putting their baby in inappropriate places in inappropriate times. A loud concert near the stage and speakers is no place for a baby, period.

Her story doesn't ring true anyway. On one hand she is telling the security guard her baby is "sleeping contentedly" on the other she is saying she is being discriminated against for breast feeding. I don't know how many babies who can breast feed while they're sleeping.

She is probably referring to herself as a "Navy wife" in the Media to gain sympathy and further attention. It really isn't about breast feeding, it's all about her.
Bravo!

Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Instructions by who exactly? Taking a baby to a bathroom to nurse is a filthy suggestion. If a woman is in a restaurant, on a plane, on a bus, in a park, where ever, etc that is not her own home she's going to nurse on demand where she is. That's life.

Amazingly enough my daughter never needed instructions on how to latch.
No, that isn't life. I breastfed my son and I certainly don't want to see anyone else doing it in public on a plane or a bus.

I used my pump if I knew I was going to be in public for longer periods of time or if I had to breastfeed him, I went to a private place where no one could see me.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:46 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,848,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWillys View Post
Okay, so maybe it isn't the same scene as a blood drinking metal concert but it is still no place for an infant.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:49 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,251,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
No, that isn't life. I breastfed my son and I certainly don't want to see anyone else doing it in public on a plane or a bus.

I used my pump if I knew I was going to be in public for longer periods of time or if I had to breastfeed him, I went to a private place where no one could see me.
It's life that it's going to happen in public and there is not much you can do about it. Good for you for pumping your breasts and hiding yourself away if that pleases you. Not all moms pump and not all plan nor do all care. I suggest that people grow up and learn to deal for your own peace.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:14 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's life that it's going to happen in public and there is not much you can do about it. Good for you for pumping your breasts and hiding yourself away if that pleases you. Not all moms pump and not all plan nor do all care. I suggest that people grow up and learn to deal for your own peace.
What people grow up? The bottom line is breastfeeding in public bothers a lot of people and the only ones that think this is okay except for moms that are breastfeeding. Knowing it gets under peoples skin, do the right thing and don't flaunt it trying to prove a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events