Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fighting was uncalled for
Yep 49 94.23%
No, she had it coming 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 07:59 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I've been in stores where tantrums are happening, and it doesn't look like the parents are allowing it. Looks like they're irritated and helpless. Those little angels probably know they won't get spanked in public so that's where they get to go nuts. I stay far away from it.
That is all the parents fault if the child knows he/she won't be punished in public. My daughter knew she had to behave in public. She would not test me in a store knowing I would take her out of the store immediately. It starts at home. I see far too many parents afraid they are going to hurt their kids feelings by punishing them. They want to be their kids friend. Your kid does not need another friend. He needs a parent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 08:02 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Did this happen in Cleveland? May have been the same lady who started the brawl at the Kindergarten graduation over spilled punch.

Many people just resort to violence to resolve issues. Luckily neither had a gun.

Great example for their kids.

Brawl breaks out at Ohio kindergarten graduation

Old 11-07-2014, 08:11 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
LOL, like it's planned or something. Please.
I'm sure hitting them is going to make things so much better. If anything that will only make it worse as now the child has to cry.

Instead, it's the responsibility of the parent to remove them from the situation ASAP. If it's a continuous problem then don't take your child out in a public place like that.
Not so much plan, but conditioned.

Kids cry into the atmosphere all the time, it's weird that others don't find this to be normal. I guess i'm just different. If a kid is screaming, I leave and go somewhere else, or tune it out if I haven't got a choice. Why would I approach the mother or father who are already frazzled enough?

Old 11-07-2014, 08:32 AM

1,170 posts, read 1,023,035 times
Here's my perspective:

First, I'm assuming the child has no developmental issues that make it difficult to cope in a public setting (certain types of autism for example) - a parent can't "scold that out of them", nor can a mom stay home 24/7 for fear of offending the public.

Second, for children not dealing with unique challenges behavior absolutely is learned. Children are taught to listen, speak and follow the rules of their home. They're taught right from wrong and respect. IMO parents are expecting less and less from kids and setting them up for failure. I pity the teachers that get these kids and have to do what parents haven't.

Third, parents can set good kids up for failure by not making sure they are fed, rested etc before running errands. Planning ahead addresses a lot of bad behavior.

Finally, parents seem confused about who is the boss and often it's the gushing parents that are more annoying. As a recent example - the woman encouraging her daughter to blow a plastic horn as she wandered through a dollar store as the mom clapped each time she did it. Good god, she exhaled, what a proud moment. Or the parents parading their toddler through a restaurant waiting for people to admire their offspring [arghh].

Any kid that can figure out a video game can say please and thank you.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:53 PM

779 posts, read 632,158 times
Quote:
Not so much plan, but conditioned.

Kids cry into the atmosphere all the time, it's weird that others don't find this to be normal. I guess i'm just different. If a kid is screaming, I leave and go somewhere else, or tune it out if I haven't got a choice. Why would I approach the mother or father who are already frazzled enough?
It's normal to a point. What seems to be abnormal is a person ignoring the kid as if they aren't throwing a tantrum. I know that some say it is the only way to train them that mom/dad will not give in to their behavior but I see that a lot less often than I see a parent try and calm the kid, tell them to stop and try to get a handle on things or to remove the child from wherever they are after a few threats to do just that.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:54 PM

29 posts, read 35,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Honestly, in my experience, black women are the most aggressive angry, physically violent people I have ever been around. I have had 3 of them physically threaten me over nonsense. I, 1) honked at one lady to pull ahead in the drive-through - she got OUT OF HER CAR and practically came through my car window, 2) got into a parking space that a lady clearly wanted (yes, I was there first....she tried to push her way in when the guy pulled out) - she cussed me out and threatened to BITE me , and 3) I admonished a lady for allowing a friend to join her in the checkout line ahead of several others (friend had a whole crap-ton of items). All of these women were black - and they ALL went freaking off the road. I have never had these experiences with women of other races.
These comments are the most uncomfortable for me.

You've had bad encounters with a few black females..please for the love of god do not lump all into the same category. The ones who expect all black females to flip out are the worst ones.
One day I was buying some magazines and candy for a patient (she had no family members in the area) and while waiting in line at target a lady cut me in line. I said "hey I was here" and before she responded some guy said "OH you better move before she starts throwing stuff. You know how they get". I just moved to the next register while they were cackling and even made it out before they did.

Please don't make one of in your case a few bad experiences judge everyone the same. I only throw stuff around the room when I'm late for work and I cant find my car keys.

This woman waited in the parking lot for the other lady (with the glasses) to come out so she can physically assault her. It doesnt matter how upset you were at your child throwing a tantrum in the store and it also doesn't matter that someone asked you to quiet the child down...she had time to cool herself off and go home. Yell in the car. Phone a friend and say "you know what some ***** said to me..?" She waited for her just so she can beat her down. Its just wrong.
When I was little (and even now) all my mom had to do was look at me. She jokes now that she only had to spank me twice (1. She called me and I said "what?" and 2. I rolled my eyes)

Last edited by vanagloriana; 11-07-2014 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-07-2014, 02:25 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,762,837 times
Quote:
Honestly, in my experience, black women are the most aggressive angry, physically violent people I have ever been around. I have had 3 of them physically threaten me over nonsense. I, 1) honked at one lady to pull ahead in the drive-through - she got OUT OF HER CAR and practically came through my car window, 2) got into a parking space that a lady clearly wanted (yes, I was there first....she tried to push her way in when the guy pulled out) - she cussed me out and threatened to BITE me , and 3) I admonished a lady for allowing a friend to join her in the checkout line ahead of several others (friend had a whole crap-ton of items). All of these women were black - and they ALL went freaking off the road. I have never had these experiences with women of other races.
Kewl story. Reminded me of this video - WARNING: NSFW language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArpPhA-x-l0

Old 11-07-2014, 04:42 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Kewl story. Reminded me of this video - WARNING: NSFW language
That woman was nuts. Her must have forgot her Meds that day.

Difference is she didn't hit the guy although she may have wanted to.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:24 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,313,683 times
Quote:
I've been in stores where tantrums are happening, and it doesn't look like the parents are allowing it. Looks like they're irritated and helpless ...
Not where I live. The parents I see in stores and restaurants work hard to appear completely unaware of their child's behavior. I don't know if they live with the screaming and yelling often enough that they have taught themselves to tune it out or they are enjoying their child disrupting the public sphere. But they do nothing. I've seen children kicking and hitting a parent and the adult just acts as if it's not happening. I guess not acknowledging the behavior excuses them from having to address it.

In a certain sense I don't even blame the child. Often these kids are obviously lacking sleep and bored with being ignored.

Old 11-07-2014, 08:33 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,275,815 times
Quote:
Wow.... just ....wow.

And you probably see nothing wrong with what you posted.

I'm of half a mind to report this.

We should find a way to put this in your profile so that peoplecan see what type of person you are.

And whomever left me that cowardly rep - racist minds think alike, no?

Last edited by mochamajesty; 11-07-2014 at 08:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events