Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 11:02 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Who's to say he is crazy? I don't think anyone has opined on that one, or have they? No need, really. The reason so many White killers are "crazy" is because they go to court. Of course the insanity plea is made. Look at one of the more famous Black killers...Lee Malvo...guess what he tried when HE went to court...the crazy defense. It's pretty standard, and I don't think its a racially motivated thing. However, THIS killer is dead, so he didn't get a chance to play crazy for the media.
Crazy defense may well have saved his life, as tenuous as it was. For the record, I'd agree. He's crazy. Unfortunately, the type of crazy he was was dissociative crazy. He new perfectly well what he was doing when he was doing it, he just then (and to this day) isn't really bothered by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 11:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Crazy defense may well have saved his life, as tenuous as it was. For the record, I'd agree. He's crazy. Unfortunately, the type of crazy he was was dissociative crazy. He new perfectly well what he was doing when he was doing it, he just then (and to this day) isn't really bothered by it.
Exactly. "Crazy" is a relative term. However, in court...EVERYONE wants the label!

Old 12-20-2014, 11:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

Bill is not going anywhere.

We get the picture, Mrs. DeBlasio.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:08 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,239,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsui View Post
My parents grew up in the third world
And should have left you there, you useless ****.
Quote:
They didn't deserve it, but the NYPD does.
See above.
Quote:
Bunch of Irish Italian thugs from Long Island and Westchester using public funds to hire their aunts uncles etc in a world with 60% youth unemployment. A whitwashed way to steal from the poor (from self professed Catholics no less rofl).
NYPD is a civil service exam. Currently dumber down so more runts like you can pass it. The poor in NYC pay no taxes, but monopolize NYC's services, whether it's failing schools, Dickensian hospitals, or public housing. You fit right in.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:09 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,433,247 times
It seems that there are a lot of people here who don't understand the basics of our criminal justice system. It's really not hard to figure out.

If you have a TV and cable, watching the following reality shows (which seem to be on all the time) can help: "Cops", "Jail", "Lock-Up", "Forensic Files", "Judge Judy", "48 Hours", "Scared Straight", etc.

See, you don't even have to go to school, know history, or anything hard like that!

Old 12-20-2014, 11:11 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,329,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

We get the picture, Mrs. DeBlasio.
Aha, I think you solved the mystery!

Mrs. DeBlasio just put up an (illegal) fence blocking the public from Gracie Mansion. Don't want the commoners looking in on the "royal family"...

Old 12-20-2014, 11:11 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I assume (based on your previous posts full of ignorance) that you don't know this, but blacks are the fastest shrinking population in NYC. How does it benefit DeBlasio to have his political base withering away?
I will tell you a little secret: Black Americans (descendants of american slaves) have been fleeing NYC for years. There really aren't that many here anymore. Most of the blacks that are in NYC are of FOREIGN extraction. Many are first, second generation and naturalized citizens who voted Bill into office.

Also, many hispanics voted for him too. You make it seem like it was only black people that elected him. No, it wasn't. Mostly everyone living in the five boroughs hated Bloomberg. There really IS a TALE OF TWO CITIES with damn near everyone in outerboroughs living in poverty situations, while the mayor kept lying about well the city was doing when it wasn't.

Quote:
When Dinkins ran for mayor, blacks were 30% of the city.
Why do you people keep bringing up Dinkins as though only blacks voted for the man??

Old 12-20-2014, 11:15 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,239,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
she's conveniently omitted the witnesses (many of them black) who did corroborate the officer's account. Next she'll be telling us he didn't commit that strong-arm robbery and physically bully the shop owner.
This bint is all over the NYC forum with the same crap.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:17 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,329,498 times
Quote:
I will tell you a little secret: Black Americans (descendants of american slaves) have been fleeing NYC for years. There really aren't that many here anymore. Most of the blacks that are in NYC are of FOREIGN extraction. Many are first, second generation and naturalized citizens who voted Bill into office.
Sorry, not a secret, used to live in Brooklyn, and I'm well aware that blacks in NYC are often West Indian (in fact I dated a beautiful lady from E. Flatbush whose family is originally from Bahamas). I think it's well known that the black population in NYC is less "African American" and more "Carribean" these days.

Quote:
Also, many hispanics voted for him too. You make it seem like it was only black people that elected him.
Nope, I never said that. Re-read my post. His CURRENT approval ratings are in the toilet for all racial groups except for blacks. In fact whites were the biggest voters for DeBlasio in the election.

My point is that you can't win a citywide election in NYC by appealing to a single group. You have to be inclusive, or you'll lose. DeBlasio is divisive, and bound to lose. You can't be the "black candidate" and win an election when most people in the city aren't black. And blacks are smart voters; they will see the phoniness too, eventually.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
I think a lot of people egging on that nut by their chanting about killing cops and the major in particular have blood on their hands; plain and simple. But then it goes far beyond just them; its goes to the rule of law which without no civil society can exist. I didn't think OJ was innocent but I didn't go encouraging lynch mobs either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events