Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2014, 11:53 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,139 times

Advertisements

No contention with the OP whatsoever, but I wish this thread could be renamed to 'murdered' rather than 'executed' - executed can sometimes sound somehow removed - murder it is, and cold blooded at that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 11:54 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
No contention with the OP whatsoever, but I wish this thread could be renamed to 'murdered' rather than 'executed' - executed can sometimes sound somehow removed - murder it is, and cold blooded at that.
It's "media wording". They thought it would sell more papers/get more viewers.

Old 12-20-2014, 11:58 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
:
You forgot to answer my question. What part of NY are you in? C'mon, it's a big place. I'm not asking for your address, just the borough.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:05 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,170,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Cabbie View Post
Probably cause this one was 100% premeditated... Dude even made facebook posts about it saying if you take one of us, I will take two of yours.

What a POS
Seriously. Pathetic. And they can never face the consequences. That part burns me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Your posting is pretty much "food for complete lack of thought", given that you think that race-based executions of public servants are somehow less newsworthy than the daily homicides throughout America.
Yeah, so if you're going to attempt to call out a post of mine, at least do a half good job, if you're at all capable of such.

I never said this story wasn't as newsworthy as the killing spree - it is, and because of that, why is one thread already longer than the other in a shorter amount of time. And uh, if you're really trying to downplay a guy going on a killing spree, and chalking it up just another day in America, then I hope you're the only person in the world that has that mindset.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:20 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
Don't for get that thug shot his girl friend also. Sad; a sick mind egged on. So many people being convinced they have all these grieveances against society now days by people who could careless about them in reality.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:27 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,025,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Don't for get that thug shot his girl friend also. Sad; a sick mind egged on. So many people being convinced they have all these grieveances against society now days by people who could careless about them in reality.
This is one of the truest statements I have read on CD in a long time.

You and I are >>>>>>>>here<<<<<<< on this.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:40 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I never said this story wasn't as newsworthy as the killing spree - it is, and because of that, why is one thread already longer than the other in a shorter amount of time.
Because it's 1000x more newsworthy.

Race-based executions of public officials are very rare in the U.S. Random killing sprees are a daily occurrence in the U.S. This is why people are questioning what you're talking about.

Obviously all murders are not equal in terms of newsworthiness. If the pope or the president were killed tomorrow, it would be far more newsworthy than if two gang members were killed in El Salvador, even if 2 is more than 1. I thought this is fairly obvious, but I guess not...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And uh, if you're really trying to downplay a guy going on a killing spree, and chalking it up just another day in America, then I hope you're the only person in the world that has that mindset.
It IS just another day in America. It has nothing to do with a mindset. It happens every single day. You seem to be the only one not understanding this (there are 10,000 murders in the U.S. annually; there are close to 0 race-based public executions annually, hence the diffeerence).

Old 12-21-2014, 12:52 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Because it's 1000x more newsworthy.

Race-based executions of public officials are very rare in the U.S. Random killing sprees are a daily occurrence in the U.S. This is why people are questioning what you're talking about.

Obviously all murders are not equal in terms of newsworthiness. If the pope or the president were killed tomorrow, it would be far more newsworthy than if two gang members were killed in El Salvador, even if 2 is more than 1. I thought this is fairly obvious, but I guess not...

It IS just another day in America. It has nothing to do with a mindset. It happens every single day. You seem to be the only one not understanding this (there are 10,000 murders in the U.S. annually; there are close to 0 race-based public executions annually, hence the diffeerence).

I'm not sure I would call this 100% race-based. I suppose there are two arguments. One, it was NOT, because the victims were chosen for their profession, not their race. Two, it WAS, because the man killed "police" because he felt that "Police killed Blacks", would be one way to paraphrase his IG post.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:53 AM

There are people on social media blaming Jesse Jackson for this as well. Why??

Jackson has NOT been here nor has he commented.

Why is he being lumped into this situation?

The last time we heard from him was on the Trayvon Martin matter.

This isn't fair to him. He's been laying low for awhile.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I'm not sure I would call this 100% race-based. I suppose there are two arguments. One, it was NOT, because the victims were chosen for their profession, not their race. Two, it WAS, because the man killed "police" because he felt that "Police killed Blacks", would be one way to paraphrase his IG post.
He was a bastard that wanted an excuse to kill a cop. If he was do hell-bent on murdering police officers why didn't he do it in Maryland? Why here??

Crazy bastard. I'm glad he's dead.

I also hate the fact that convict ex-police commissioner Bernie Kerick is commenting on this matter. Why the hell are they giving him press?? He's a felon with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Why is he speaking on cop matters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events