Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:54 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I don't understand what good it does at all to protest in a mall and disrupt shoppers and employees who had absolutely nothing to do with the incident.
because if they did it in a park then there would be no mention of it anywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 08:12 AM

35,060 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
because if they did it in a park then there would be no mention of it anywhere
There has been plenty of coverage of this already. So I guess there are no limits of the inconvenience they can cause to others as long as they get their news coverage?

Old 12-23-2014, 08:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
All start with some idiot that robbed a store using his massive body against some little store clerk. Then he walked down the middle of the street and a cop asked him to get out of the middle of the road. He told the cop to f off and it escalated to the robber reaching into the squad car and going for the officer's gun and it goes off and hits the loser's hand. He ends up getting shot, which is pretty normal considering he went for an officer's gun. Someone usually dies, either of cop or the criminal. In this case the criminal dies. Now people protest that? Really? What a joke! The US is falling for media hype that is for sure. Just look at the facts. Michael Brown was a thug, plain and simple. He went for a cop's gun. Once you do that, you are going to be shot or going to be a cop killer. Take you pick. Now morons are protesting? lol
Do you really believe that anyone in this case was telling the whole truth? I sure don't . I tend to study human nature, and I think I have a pretty good idea of what went down there, but it's not my circus, not my monkey, so I'm not going to get my knickers in a bunch over it.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
There has been plenty of coverage of this already. So I guess there are no limits of the inconvenience they can cause to others as long as they get their news coverage?

and there had been all kinds of local media coverage in the days leading up to the protest and when and where it would occur...
  • anybody that goes out shopping on the Saturday before Christmas is a moron
  • anybody who went to the MOA that day was ignorant beyond belief and their gifts likely suck
  • the store workers recieved a few hour reprieve from having to deal with these buffoons

Old 12-23-2014, 09:27 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
It is supposed to be inconvenient.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:35 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,521,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
and there had been all kinds of local media coverage in the days leading up to the protest and when and where it would occur...
  • anybody that goes out shopping on the Saturday before Christmas is a moron
  • anybody who went to the MOA that day was ignorant beyond belief and their gifts likely suck
  • the store workers recieved a few hour reprieve from having to deal with these buffoons

You are such a rude poster.
And
By your posts you come off as such an unhappy angry person.
Post your thoughts and ideas with some dignity and grace, and maybe people will listen.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
You are such a rude poster.
And
By your posts you come off as such an unhappy angry person.
Post your thoughts and ideas with some dignity and grace, and maybe people will listen.
i am happy and your choice of text color is weird

Last edited by Ghengis; 12-23-2014 at 10:48 AM..

Old 12-23-2014, 10:54 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
If we just start peeling clothes off with high pressure fire hoses, bring out the dogs, more tear gas, more rubber bullets, crack a few skulls and heaven forbid give someone's smart phone a bath maybe these plebs will stay home.
Hopefully, none of that will ever happen, you Bull Connor wannabe.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:05 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
They say they are going after the organizers and they should.

They owe the merchants money for closing their stores and the missed business.

Charges Expected To Be Filed Against MOA Protest Organizers « CBS Minnesota

Old 12-23-2014, 01:09 PM

804 posts, read 1,075,406 times
McDowell does he own the mcdonalds look a like from "coming to America" too.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events