Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 08:48 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Post 64 sounds like it came from the Jim Crow playbook circa 1960 Mississippi or Alabama.

That is tragic.

Your shopping experience was inconvenienced. Boo Hoo.
Not mine. thugs ought to be treated like thugs. Period. Water canons, hoses, whatever it takes.

if you don't want to be shot by a water canon, stop being a thug. Stop acting like it is 1968 and then you wont be treated with a water canon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2014, 08:54 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Not mine. thugs ought to be treated like thugs. Period. Water canons, hoses, whatever it takes.

if you don't want to be shot by a water canon, stop being a thug. Stop acting like it is 1968 and then you wont be treated with a water canon.
foolish ideas

you can't go shooting a water cannon indoors for reasons that would be obvious to even the most inexperienced facilty manager

Old 12-22-2014, 09:02 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Also, they caught law enforcement officials burning down buildings.
You have any information on this? And I'm not talking about those strange conspiracy websites either.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Who said they should?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
Not you, but others in this thread. Sorry for the implication.
I would just like to point out that it is nice to see someone, maf763, to clarify his post and apologize for any miscommunication. That is a display of real humanity.

There is just to much ganging up and bullying here sometimes from certain posters.
The agenda they have seems to belittle, and not really listen to what the OP's thread is about, and/or other poster's points. Just go on being rude for the sake of it

Old 12-22-2014, 10:53 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:

People exercising their constitutional right to assemble are thugs?

...or are you just dehumanizing black people to justify your racist thoughts?

Quote:
water canons know no race. Therefore it is not racist to be hit with one. I guess you prefer 2014 Taser method.
Violence against peaceful protesters exercising their constitutional rights? Got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
With restrictions. A freeway is public property but they should not be allowed to shut down public facilities for others to use.
The Bill of Rights is not conditional.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:57 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
I live in King of Prussia - biggest mall on the East Coast... same thing happened here on Saturday. I wish people would just pepper spray and teach them a lesson. I don't agree with what they're doing at all. Maybe they should get an education, get a job and contribute to society. Why should we stand up for thugs who break laws? I could see if Michael Brown was innocent or Eric Garner, but they weren't... they were breaking laws. See a pattern? If you break laws, you are going to have issues with law enforcement. Full stop. Break laws, police officers will get involved. I have no idea why people feel bad for these people and I have no idea why universities encourage this as well. Maybe if kids had guidance, this wouldn't be an issue.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:02 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
let's face it, anybody I don't agree with on anything needs to get prepper sprayed and water canyoned

anybody touches my stuff...

sincerely yours,

Francis

Old 12-22-2014, 11:10 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Violence against peaceful protesters exercising their constitutional rights? Got it.

The Bill of Rights is not conditional.
So if I had a medical emergency and the ambulance or firetruck can't get to my house fast enough to keep me from dying or my house from burning down because the streets and freeways are blocked by protesters, whose rights are being interfered with?

Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
So if I had a medical emergency and the ambulance or firetruck can't get to my house fast enough to keep me from dying or my house from burning down because the streets and freeways are blocked by protesters, whose rights are being interfered with?
Is this the same right-wing that says medical care isn't a right?

(I doubt the protestors will block an ambulance)

Old 12-22-2014, 11:17 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Demonstrating on private commercial property and in the way of shoppers is not gonna win you sympathy. All it does is reinforce stereotypes and bigotry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events