Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 05:15 PM

15,629 posts, read 10,383,806 times

Advertisements

It occurs to me these "protests" have been occurring in liberal strongholds: Washington DC, Berkeley CA, St Louis MO, NY NY, Mall of America, MN....not conservative states.

I find that perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 05:37 PM

14,933 posts, read 12,130,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonFire View Post
Will the movement of protest behind the killing of Mike Brown and Eric Garner now be kill or crippled do to the tragic killings of the two NYPD police officers? Or was the movement already slowing momentum? Why or why not?

(no right or wrong answers but try to be civil)
Apparently not.

Anti-cop protesters flood NYC despite de Blasio’s appeal | New York Post

Old 12-23-2014, 06:18 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
Ugh.

I'd like to see a list of questionable shoots nationally laid next to cops killed by criminals.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:24 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,095,918 times
Quote:
LOL, that's interesting because Diblasio got all hot and bothered and claimed it was only a handful of protesters who did that. I wonder how Dibla feels knowing that the very protesters who's arses he's been kissing are now against him.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:49 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,323,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ugh.

I'd like to see a list of questionable shoots nationally laid next to cops killed by criminals.
Or read this, from Wikipedia. Note especially the last sentence:

According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008, with whites 45.3% and "Other" 2.2%. The offending rate for blacks was almost 8 times higher than whites (per 100,000), and the victim rate 6 times higher (per 100,000). Most murders were intraracial, with 84% of white homicide victims murdered by whites, and 93% of black victims murdered by blacks.[

Old 12-23-2014, 09:25 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,110,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ugh.

You would not like the results.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:17 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,765,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonFire View Post
As a St. Louis resident where is your source? I heard of no such announcement.
There were articles in both the post-dispatch and on fox2now about this on the 23rd. They both had titles like "Local Police taking measures in response to New York".

Old 12-23-2014, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
How do you know this? Are you on the ground with the protesters or are you getting your information from the fair and balanced Fox News?
I have been attending some of the protest organizing in St Louis (not as a protester). I have had personal conversations with several of the leaders (I am working directly on a MacArthur project related to the protests). The leaders themselves were struggling with the influx of Occupy-style anti-capitalists and anarchists. They were the ones burning American flags, holding up "Revcom" signs, and teaching people how to make Molotovs. Revcom and Karl Dix and Cassandra Rule and the free thought project have been trying to blanket the St Louis protests with their respective messages. Unfortunately, the tactic taken is to move on from St Louis. The leaders moved on to New York, then Cleveland, and now are in Milwaukee and may not return to St Louis at this point. In some ways this is good for us, as the protests move they draw the anarchists and communists away from here.

Old 12-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Notice it is "Anti-cop" protesters flooding in, not "Anti-brutality" protesters. That's what this has become.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:50 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,001,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I have been attending some of the protest organizing in St Louis (not as a protester). I have had personal conversations with several of the leaders (I am working directly on a MacArthur project related to the protests). The leaders themselves were struggling with the influx of Occupy-style anti-capitalists and anarchists. They were the ones burning American flags, holding up "Revcom" signs, and teaching people how to make Molotovs. Revcom and Karl Dix and Cassandra Rule and the free thought project have been trying to blanket the St Louis protests with their respective messages. Unfortunately, the tactic taken is to move on from St Louis. The leaders moved on to New York, then Cleveland, and now are in Milwaukee and may not return to St Louis at this point. In some ways this is good for us, as the protests move they draw the anarchists and communists away from here.
I'm wondering why the protest leaders you speak of didn't get their "crowd" to remove the "bad influences" of which you speak? That large of a crowd properly led could easily run 'em out of town.

If the general crowd (or their leaders) weres o against the actions of Revcom etc. as you say they could have been isolated and removed but they weren't, they were allowed to continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events