Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:05 PM

3,106 posts, read 3,991,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisce4 View Post
Well then he probably should have quit. Also, what 'previous experiences'? He was only there for 1 week! Experiences from previous jobs? You don't take that with you to next jobs. Again, competence clearly isn't Ragheed's strong point.

Poor kiddo. Back to the application process he goes!
I don't see where I said what he said or wrote was right or okay or a good idea or conducive to continued employment or justified or...do you?

That being said, 1 week as a waiter is plenty of experience to notice a trend. Btdt. You?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 01:56 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
I think the media should be told. There's still a lot of people out there acting ignorant by saying "racism is dead" or "it doesn't exist"
If you are asking.....

The report comes from WFAA, a TV station. This is News Channel 8, the ABC affiliate in Dallas, one of the top markets in the USA. If there was a real story here, you can bet the likes of NBC, ABC, CNN and MSNBC would be running a story every 10 minutes.

Since the waiter doesn't fit the mime of racist White American, they are not interested in it. They can't drum up more false outrage over it, and it exposes how the rest of the world really views the African American sub-culture. They won't go there because that contradicts their false mime of Blond Haired Blue Eyed Demon racists.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-04-2015 at 02:11 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 02:06 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,277,885 times
I'm picturing myself being a food server back in the day and getting asked for SIX separate checks when I could be making money instead by serving people who tip- on NEW YEAR'S! WHAT A PITA!!

Why can't people just figure out bills themselves and how to pay for them?! Or ask for separate checks PRIOR to ordering.

OF COURSE this was uncivilized BUT.....

Black people are notoriously bad tippers. It's extremely frustrating as a server who is only making $2.35 per hour. Asking for a check to be split into 6 is not a good sign for your tip as i know from experience. I would never have done such a thing but I understand needing to get that anger out!!

He should have been cordial until the very end and then have confronted them if/when they left a subpar tip (if any tip at all.) And no need to confront w hate speech, just the facts.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:09 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
He was probably pissed off when they didn't tip him..... lol
Well, since you leave the tip AFTER you get the check , he pretty much assured that there would be no tip.

What a jackass. I feel bad for the restaurant owner.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Well, since you leave the tip AFTER you get the check , he pretty much assured that there would be no tip.

What a jackass. I feel bad for the restaurant owner.
He was probably pretty sure no tip was forthcoming anyway.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:29 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Well, since you leave the tip AFTER you get the check , he pretty much assured that there would be no tip. What a jackass. I feel bad for the restaurant owner.
You apparently have not read the story from the actual source. This isn't what happened. The word which is only racist when White people use it, was printed on the 2nd set of 6 checks. This from a group of 6 who apparently were unable to divide the bill amongst themselves lest one pay one penny more than the rest.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:00 AM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
My point is that the waiter was probably unhappy because of his previous experiences which led him to do what he did.

Nice Do you really think what you are saying makes any sense at all? I thought you'd think a little bit more before replying but you didn't exactly like first time.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:05 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
I think the media should be told. There's still a lot of people out there acting ignorant by saying "racism is dead" or "it doesn't exist"
Should the media be told every time someone is called a cracker?

Old 01-04-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Nice Do you really think what you are saying makes any sense at all? I thought you'd think a little bit more before replying but you didn't exactly like first time.
What is your point? The waiter knew the type and splitting the check was the last straw. He responded poorly.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Should the media be told every time someone is called a cracker?
What, one can say that but not the word this article is about? That alone says volumes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events