Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 11:20 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
In some parts of the SF Bay Area, people commonly will smoke weed in public, nobody actually cares. Even the cops have better things to do.

In places where people would still get hysterical about it ... that's what edibles are for.
+1 to the above and +1 to non-violent civil disobedience. Laws are changed at the legislature and at the polls but opinions are also expressed in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 12:08 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
+1 to the above and +1 to non-violent civil disobedience. Laws are changed at the legislature and at the polls but opinions are also expressed in public.
In SF you at least have medicinal MJ available. For the OPs article, this happened in Florida where it is illegal across the board.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:30 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
Because, as of now, it is illegal there. One does not get to pick and choose which laws to obey. Well, actually, one CAN choose, but must accept the consequences of said choices..
this sounds good but police and government officials up to the president do choose which laws they enforce all the time.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:50 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
In some parts of the SF Bay Area, people commonly will smoke weed in public, nobody actually cares. Even the cops have better things to do.

In places where people would still get hysterical about it ... that's what edibles are for.
Maybe the guy caught smoking pot should consider a move. Along with the thugs who created the disturbance. It only seems logical that a person would move to a state that you can legally smoke pot if you need to smoke it in public or possibly, just possibly, smoke the pot indoors.

Old 01-06-2015, 01:55 PM

772 posts, read 914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
I don't buy that. I think people are using the VERY few instances where police have gone overboard, and used that as an excuse to become animals. And the media is perpetuating the entire wave...

I buy it, all day long. The police abuse their power..

I was pulled over for speeding a month ago, and before the cop even got to my car, all my windows were all the way down, engine was off, keys on dashboard, and both hands on wheel until the police officer gave me instructions

I was treated like complete trash ... like the bottom scum of the earth .. .. Yes, I broke the law, 65 in a 55, should I be stoned ?

The tone of voice, the attitude, everything, I was talked down to like a beaten dog. My only answers were "yes sir" and "yes I was speeding sir"

why ?

I got a speeding ticket, big deal, give me the fricken ticket so I can wait 10 days to maile a check for a couple hundred dollars in the mail, and move on with my life ...

Another one, was when our daughter 8 years old at the time was playing outside in our fenced in yard. two police officers showed up, said they got a call a child was home alone playing outside ... Gee willy ! I was cooking lunch, where there are 4 windows facing the backyard, god forbid ! I thought they were going to do a SWAT RAID @!@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:02 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's a pretty big claim. Especially since we have 25% of the WORLD's prison population and by far the highest percentage incarcerated.
So stop committing crimes and you won't get arrested. Well now, that was easy. Next.

Old 01-06-2015, 03:06 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
When people's pocket books are hurting the next most important thing is personal freedoms. When people have no money and an iron fist permanently lodged up their behind this is what happens. Eventually the entire system falls apart because people get pushed to their limits for the LAST time.

You can push people out of neighborhoods or cities but you can't flush the problems and issues that people face.

A joint is a joint. Let it B and focus on the dangerous stuff.

In a way it is scary to see it come to this but maybe it will be better in the future or people will look at the situation differently.

I am all for it !

Old 01-06-2015, 03:50 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Holy crap, I live 5 minutes down the highway from there. While I don't agree with marijuana's legal status in this state, if the dude was dumb enough to be smoking it in broad daylight out on the street, he deserves the punishment.

Old 01-06-2015, 05:25 PM

240 posts, read 239,855 times
I agree Gtownoe , what has happened to us???

Old 01-06-2015, 05:35 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
IF 70 people were throwing bricks, blocking or pushing the police then there should have been 70 arrests. Why not?
Wrong. What there should have been was a hail of machine gun fire into the wall of the 70 skells. All kill shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events