Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 01:53 PM

45 posts, read 28,487 times

Advertisements

Either you like football or you don't. Boston is a huge sports town and we've been lucky
to have some great sports teams in the last few decades. The Superbowl has become a huge
production which combines music and sports. And when your own team is in it, bring on
the competition.
FUN, FUN, FUN.
Though they got to have rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 02:50 PM

11,788 posts, read 12,024,345 times
Three words:

Not enough Lenny.

Old 02-02-2015, 03:14 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
This was an awesome Super Bowl, it was not only exciting last night, but I've been watching the quite passionate discourse on "the call" at the end of the game on NFL Network and ESPN all day long, and it has been almost as entertaining as the game itself was!

Also I am happy for Malcolm Butler, who was working at a Popeye's before the Seahawks came calling. Also glad for Chris Matthews of the Seahawks, who was working at a Foot Locker this time last year...but it's also a shame for him IMO that the Seahawks lost, as it removed that awesome catch from consideration for best SB catches ever.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 02-02-2015 at 03:36 PM..

Old 02-02-2015, 07:50 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times
Good game and that one play didn't really matter as NE beat them the 2nd half. Why all the controversy? Weren't the PI non-call in the Dallas-Detroit game or the deflategate BS enough for one season? Now the outcomes of NFL games is supposedly being bought by owners or others and refs should be canned. It is one of the most unpredictable professional games played as it can't be simply "thrown away" as other team sports can.

The halftime show was anything but a show for a middle aged guy. A professional entertainer should entertain even those not familiar with their repertoire. The assorted hired guns she had come out to save her did anything but - the entire production was confusing.

The ads were lacking. The domestic violence ads are bothersome and didn't come about until Ray Rice smacked his wife and dragged her away by the hair. The NFL claims it's a hard topic to talk about because one of their own is the cause of the campaign.

Game was good - the rest sucked.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:43 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This year's Super Bowl was the best entertainment value in a long time.

The commercials were not oversexualized or controversial - very family and kid friendly for the most part.
Had planned to watch. Got a better offer -- scooted the two couches together and had a nice adult sandbox with a lovely new lady friend over a True Detective binge-watching marathon, some pinot grigio, and some nice bong hits. I can assure you it was quite sexualized and not kid-friendly at all.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:57 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,435,785 times
Regarding the negative responses, the OP gave his opinion and then asked "What do you think?" and so opened the subject to discussion both positive and negative. If he only wanted those people who agreed with him to respond, he should have specifically worded his question to ask what parts of the game people like the most or something of that nature.

"What do you think" leaves an entire subject open for debate. If you ask for opinions on the Internet, you're going to get them. I looked when I saw the title of this thread to see what people were saying about the commercials because that's all I ever watch of the SB but this year I missed them because I forgot to record the game and FF to them.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:24 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
I finally was able to watch the game, I was at work yesterday and unable to really catch the game. The game was back and forth and close as well as dramatic.

Old 02-03-2015, 12:32 AM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The game was back and forth and close as well as dramatic.
You notice that.. And I hate to seem to bring up conspiracy theories here.. And I won't.. It's more an outcome of parity in the league, most likely.

But, starting in 2000.. The "1 yard short" game..

Roughly 9 out of 16 games have come down to the game being decided in the last minute or so.

Prior to that.. Only 8 of 33 games had a final score within a touchdown.

And.. Just a side-note.. Pats tied the largest comeback in Super Bowl history.. 10 whole points. And they're the only team that didn't fall behind 10-0 in the comeback.

And 49 games.. no overtime. On average, there's 1 OT game a week in the NFL.. so, statistically.. There should have been about 3 Super Bowls go to OT by now. Which, everyone thinks would be great, but.. OT being what it is.. Probably wouldn't be as good as you think. Super Bowl should have college OT rules.. Probably, the entire NFL should.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:04 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,273,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
...OT being what it is.. Probably wouldn't be as good as you think. Super Bowl should have college OT rules.. Probably, the entire NFL should.
I've always thought they should play another 15 minutes, period. Maybe Team A scores ten points in the first 8 minutes, but Team B rallies and gets two late touchdowns to win...

Old 02-03-2015, 06:38 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I appreciate that. It's as if there's some sort of moral superiority because they didn't watch.

I remembered the Snickers/Brady commercial the most. I thought that was good. Nothing outstanding - but the game was the show - as it should be.
I thought the Brady commercial was funny, too. Beautiful scenery in the Jeep commercial.

I was rooting for the Seahawks. Oh... well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events