Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 09:21 AM

491 posts, read 324,474 times

Advertisements

Rock is a deeply socially observant man who I have much time for. Many black entertainers spew junk but CR is one of the better ones.

Very clever approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 11:07 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,690,496 times
Chris Rock is just doing this to make himself relevant, because otherwise he isn't.
This little "project" is all on purpose. He probably purposefully runs stop signs or goes over the limit to get pulled over and then he takes his phone out and goes "See!!!! The cops are racist!!"..... so he can keep himself relevant and in the spot light.

Hey Chris Rock, newsflash, u little slimey creature, no one cares about u anymore. I dont care if u got pulled over and thrown in jail for life to be honest.

I'll continue sipping my starbucks lattes cruising down the road with my Marc Jacobs sunglasses not worrying about being pulled over.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:23 AM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Default In her dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Chris Rock is just doing this to make himself relevant, because otherwise he isn't.
This little "project" is all on purpose. He probably purposefully runs stop signs or goes over the limit to get pulled over and then he takes his phone out and goes "See!!!! The cops are racist!!"..... so he can keep himself relevant and in the spot light.

Hey Chris Rock, newsflash, u little slimey creature, no one cares about u anymore. I dont care if u got pulled over and thrown in jail for life to be honest.

I'll continue sipping my starbucks lattes cruising down the road with my Marc Jacobs sunglasses not worrying about being pulled over.
Be careful , one poster upthread claims she used to be pulled over for being TOO GOOD LOOKING!!

Old 04-04-2015, 01:32 PM

297 posts, read 294,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Every male with dark skin in the USA knows about getting repeatedly stopped and harassed by the police for virtually no reason, ask Stephen A. Smith. There is actual information that shows dark skinned people get stopped, a lot more frequently than light skinned people, but most of light skinned America still wants to pretend that dark skinned America is sharing some sort of collective delusion about this or that dark skinned America deserves to be stopped by the police.

Most of light skinned America has very little experience with being stopped by the police, but by age ten most of dark skinned America is quite experienced with being stopped and harassed by the police for no valid reason.
I think it has more to do with perception. People tune into the evening news or watch the latest news clips online about "black crime," and begin to believe that all blacks are the same. This inturn has a direct impact on how black people are treated, and how the police perceive certain groups.

Ultimately, more positive portrayals of black life should be featured in the media. This will allow society as a whole to stop stereotyping and criminalizing blacks.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:29 AM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Well ... yes I can
Off thread topic... but.. occupy? Are you kidding me.. rapes.. assaults.. crapping on the sidewalk... damaging other people's property... hands off by police.. news media everywhere...
That occupy ?
Do you mean those people given lawful orders to disperse ...or police departments everywhere showing incredible restraint when faced with occupy idiots throwing urine.. fake blood ...animal blood ...garbage and bags of crap.. then putting video cameras in the faces of law enforcement hoping for a response
You mean that occupy?

Not that this has anything to do with this thread... but..that doesn't matter... you are heard
And so... while we had some agreement about what is happenjng to our country it apparently stopped there with a close .minded agenda driven liberal

Is Occupy what you've done to improve our country? And if so what does that have to do with Chris Rock getting stopped by police ... and what he may or may not have done to justify it...
None of what you've mentioned above is as bad or as criminal as what the Wall Street crooks and banksters did to the American people, homeowners, etc. Get your priorities straight, mister. Why don't police officers have their own movement and insist to their handlers on going after the real crooks in this country? What is your answer to this? I completely support what Chris Rock is doing to bring profiling to light.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:25 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
None of what you've mentioned above is as bad or as criminal as what the Wall Street crooks and banksters did to the American people, homeowners, etc. Get your priorities straight, mister. Why don't police officers have their own movement and insist to their handlers on going after the real crooks in this country? What is your answer to this? I completely support what Chris Rock is doing to bring profiling to light.
My answer... start your own thread on the topic you choose to discuss and I'll be happy to discourse with you

Old 04-05-2015, 05:53 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,269 times
Big Yawn........Publicity stunt

Old 04-05-2015, 06:14 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
/thread

Old 04-05-2015, 07:27 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
/thread
Do you care to elaborate how its a publicity stunt?

Old 04-06-2015, 11:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,766,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Who is harping on it? There are no details other than a couple of selfies and his whining about getting pulled over. All but the most obtuse understand anyone could be pulled over 3X in 7 wks. It is probably more common than you think.
Because the response I keep getting when asking the circumstances is only about the instance of him and Seinfeld. It doesn't matter what I think, nor your ad hominem attack of me, I just want to know more about the other stops. Why is that so difficult to get? Should I start passing judgment on you now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events