Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 09:26 AM

35,081 posts, read 31,322,562 times

Advertisements

This takes the neighborly rivalry one step further.

Illinois governor: I want to

It's also interesting he had this to say, right after the controversy died down.

Quote:
“Believe me, I am going to rip — try to rip the economic guts out of Indiana,” he told the newspaper. “I am one of the baddest, you know, enemies anybody can have. And when I set a goal, we do it. I don't care what the headline is. I want the results. And we're coming after Indiana big time. But you know what, we're going to do it on our terms, the right way.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 09:55 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
I guess Christians are in the majority and Democrats say their always sticking up for the little guy, the minority, the oppressed, equality trumps everything else and the Democrat party is their religion, thats why they hate Christians so.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:17 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Scratch a "progressive" Democrat, and you'll find a Fascist thug -- every time.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:24 AM

506 posts, read 426,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I guess Christians are in the majority and Democrats say their always sticking up for the little guy, the minority, the oppressed, equality trumps everything else and the Democrat party is their religion, thats why they hate Christians so.
No, people hate Christians because they are always using religion as a reason to oppress people or prevent something from happening.

In the delusional and sick world of the Christian, gay people asking for equal rights is somehow oppressing Christians because it is preventing Christians from legally oppressing gay people.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:37 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
No, people hate Christians because they are always using religion as a reason to oppress people or prevent something from happening.

In the delusional and sick world of the Christian, gay people asking for equal rights is somehow oppressing Christians because it is preventing Christians from legally oppressing gay people.
hahaha

We're "sick", huh? Sorry, mate, but true Christians arent cannibalizing other humans, drowning their babies in bathtubs, blowing up innocent people at the bus stop, ambushing police for sport, burning people alive on YouTube, spreading AIDS on mass scale, vacuuming out children from the womb, kidnapping children for the sex trade, transferring meth all over the country, rioting and destroying millions in property, destroying wildlife for fun, promoting teen sex, hacking hitchhikers to pieces and dumping their bodies in swamps, raising dogs for fighting, beating their wives senseless on a mass scale, ordering hits mob-style, pulling drive-by shootings which kill innocent bystanders, etc, etc. THATS the sick world I see. And its NOT Christians behind these sick and disgusting atrocities. You need to look at the real sickness in this world and stop portraying Christians as the "sick" ones.

Ill have you know that we pray for these people and acts. And it matters not that we disagree with gay marriage, we still love gay people, regardless. LOVE.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:39 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post

And how would you feel if a group of Evangelicals went into a gay bar (by law, a place of public accomodation -- probably moreso than a bridal salon or bakery) and began proselytizing and passing out Bible tracts ??

From my view, the principle here is the same as the small-business harrassment currently being forced on others by the LGBT militants.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:42 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And how would you feel if a group of Evangelicals went into a gay bar (by law, a place of public accomodation -- probably moreso than a bridal salon or bakery) ...
Nah. If they serve alcohol then they are not a place of public accommodation. In fact in many states, such bars have to be private clubs by law.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:56 AM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
And how would you feel if a group of Evangelicals went into a gay bar (by law, a place of public accomodation -- probably moreso than a bridal salon or bakery) and began proselytizing and passing out Bible tracts ??

From my view, the principle here is the same as the small-business harrassment currently being forced on others by the LGBT militants.

Were the gay customers of the bridal salon or bakery proselytizing and passing out gay tracts?

If you want to make a comparison, make a real one. "How would you feel if a group of evangelicals went into a gay bar and ordered a drink?" Well, I wouldn't feel anything. It's a non-event to me.

Old 04-07-2015, 10:57 AM

388 posts, read 536,212 times
Quote:
Actually, yes, inside an establishment the owner can remove the Evangelicals if they are deemed to pose a disturbance, intimidate customers/employees, or in some way disrupt business (which would be pretty easy case to make in your example.)

You bring up the comparison to the bakery situation... that provides a perfect example. There is a reason protestors protest OUTSIDE the bakery.. they cannot go INSIDE the bakery and protest.

I've grown up hanging around many gay friends and from my experience, as long as the Evangelicals weren't acting belligerent/hostile, practically all the gay people I know would not care. A couple would actually offer to buy them a drink if they were being nice and possibly have a discussion.

Unfortunately when you have a group going to an establishment, Evangelicals going to a gay bar, as in your example... their mood isn't usually to be polite/friendly

Old 04-07-2015, 10:59 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Oooohh I bet Indiana is quaking in it's boots. What exactly is Illinois going to do? Raise taxes again? Enact a few more gun control laws? Indiana is DOOMED I tell you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events