Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 12:27 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrasshat View Post
Revenge is not supposed to be the purpose of prison time. Ten years is not a light sentence by any means, and it seems that the length of the sentence is not really the issue here anyway, people are just angry that this sort of thing occurred in the first place.

I'm not going to pretend that I know what is an appropriate amount of time to spend in prision for this sort of thing, but probally for me, as a father, if this sort of thing happened to my daughter, I'm still going to be angry, even after ten years, so this guy's life would certainly be in jeopardy outside the prison walls.
Whoa, what happened to second chances, expunged felony records and all that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 12:34 PM

506 posts, read 426,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Whoa, what do you mean?

Old 04-09-2015, 12:34 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
right out the window

Old 04-09-2015, 12:46 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
this is really disgusting. I think i heard there's a movement afoot to get this judge removed.

inexplicably?

Judge cuts 15 years off sentence for man convicted of sexually assaulting 3-year-old - Huntsville News | WAAYTV.com and ABC 31: News
I certainly hope so, this is just unimaginable....I'm wondering what the judge would have done if it had been his daughter? My God, any one with any common sense knows a person like that will strike again and again.

I was sexually abused, we don't know to this day how many, but he abused all his children and the boy children to.....
No one has any concept, except those who have been abused what this does to your life....and no one seems to be doing anything about it, and when you try and discuss it with people, even the church, they walk away or do not want to hear about it, Why??????

These same people should be asking themselves, "I wonder if my child was ever sexually abused", b/c there are so many of us out there....

And don't get me wrong, I love animals, but there are more people out there rooting for abused animals, then there are human beings trying to protect our children from these animals.

I was very very fortunate, but my cousins were not, and you have no idea, how this one man ruined the lives of his children, plus, how many other children did he abuse like that. I've read statistics it could be anywhere from 25 to 70 children...why isn't any one doing anything about this, and we were a very very small town......

My biological mother brushed it under the table, and did nothing, my aunt called me a lier, and wouldn't allow the kids to talk to me ( I was the oldest and talked up first).....and all my life, I've feared men, and even married men that physically and mentally abused me, b/c that is all I thought I deserved....

I've had terrible nightmares...people, have no idea what this does to a child....how this follows a child around for the rest of their days, how embarrassing, how emotional, hurtful, how it takes away a child's innocence....self esteme....

I hope this judge loses his job...really, this is insane, he cares more for the criminal then he does the victim....I suggest he be made to sit down and listen to the stories and the effects of a child who has been sexually abused....it ain't pretty....and it is high time adults start thinking of the children of our world as "OUR" children...we are adults for Gods sake, and it's high time they start putting these sexual preditors away FOR LIFE!

I am not ashamed and I'll shout it to the roof tops if I have to, to get the attention of people, to stop this....and the only way it can be stopped is by people sticking together....but these are our kids, our future, our legacy, our leaders, and this has to stop, WE must protect them from animals like this....

Yanno, this movement about spanking a kid, makes me rip roaring angry....lets stop the sexual abuse....don't worry about a spanking on the rump....lets stop child molesters, and put them away...I don't care, buy and island, throw them on it and let them try and survive, but they do not deserve to be out and about in society....the percentage rate of rehabilitation is 1%.....so, are we actually willing to accept that?

What is wrong with society today?

Old 04-09-2015, 12:52 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,628,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
There's only one conclusion. The judge is a closeted pedophile seeking to protect other pedophiles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
I wonder if this judge would have considered the sentence too harsh if the toddler victim had been his own child or grandchild.
Two very on point posts......

I doubt he will be recalled or not voted in next time unless there is a ground swell of protest. People are sheep and really don't pay much attention to this kind of misconduct unless it directly effects them. imo.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:56 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,964,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
There's only one conclusion. The judge is a closeted pedophile seeking to protect other pedophiles.
Or maybe he knows more about the case than random people on the Internet do. Let's face it, it's not like he's getting away with it. American prisons are not the cushy resorts vengeful right wingers imagine them to be, they are more akin to a hard labor camp in North Korea. I think ten years of extreme suffering is proportionate to his crime especially considering all of the hatred and shunning he'll receive for the rest of his life even inside prison. 25 to life would be appropriate if he was a murderer.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I certainly hope so, this is just unimaginable....I'm wondering what the judge would have done if it had been his daughter? My God, any one with any common sense knows a person like that will strike again and again.

I was sexually abused, we don't know to this day how many, but he abused all his children and the boy children to.....
No one has any concept, except those who have been abused what this does to your life....and no one seems to be doing anything about it, and when you try and discuss it with people, even the church, they walk away or do not want to hear about it, Why??????

These same people should be asking themselves, "I wonder if my child was ever sexually abused", b/c there are so many of us out there....

And don't get me wrong, I love animals, but there are more people out there rooting for abused animals, then there are human beings trying to protect our children from these animals.

I was very very fortunate, but my cousins were not, and you have no idea, how this one man ruined the lives of his children, plus, how many other children did he abuse like that. I've read statistics it could be anywhere from 25 to 70 children...why isn't any one doing anything about this, and we were a very very small town......

My biological mother brushed it under the table, and did nothing, my aunt called me a lier, and wouldn't allow the kids to talk to me ( I was the oldest and talked up first).....and all my life, I've feared men, and even married men that physically and mentally abused me, b/c that is all I thought I deserved....

I've had terrible nightmares...people, have no idea what this does to a child....how this follows a child around for the rest of their days, how embarrassing, how emotional, hurtful, how it takes away a child's innocence....self esteme....

I hope this judge loses his job...really, this is insane, he cares more for the criminal then he does the victim....I suggest he be made to sit down and listen to the stories and the effects of a child who has been sexually abused....it ain't pretty....and it is high time adults start thinking of the children of our world as "OUR" children...we are adults for Gods sake, and it's high time they start putting these sexual preditors away FOR LIFE!

I am not ashamed and I'll shout it to the roof tops if I have to, to get the attention of people, to stop this....and the only way it can be stopped is by people sticking together....but these are our kids, our future, our legacy, our leaders, and this has to stop, WE must protect them from animals like this....

Yanno, this movement about spanking a kid, makes me rip roaring angry....lets stop the sexual abuse....don't worry about a spanking on the rump....lets stop child molesters, and put them away...I don't care, buy and island, throw them on it and let them try and survive, but they do not deserve to be out and about in society....the percentage rate of rehabilitation is 1%.....so, are we actually willing to accept that?

What is wrong with society today?

I'm so sorry to hear your story. I don't understand how any logically thinking adult would not take a child seriously when they are trying to tell someone they've been molested! I knowtha if my son came to me about it, I would take it very seriously, and probably would be sitting in prison, as I would kill the POS that did it! At any rate, God bless you, and I hope that you have been able to find peace after such a horrible ordeal.

Old 04-09-2015, 12:59 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Or maybe he knows more about the case than random people on the Internet do. Let's face it, it's not like he's getting away with it. American prisons are not the cushy people vengeful right wingers imagine them to be, they are more akin to a hard labor camp in North Korea. I think ten years of extreme suffering is proportionate to his crime especially considering all of the hatred and shunning he'll receive for the rest of his life even inside prison.
I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it, these people are a menace and should be put away for life....away from society, away from children....

random people on the internet? I hope he suffers....for what he has done to the lives of so many children, for they will live in their own prisons....and good, I hope they are worse then a hard labor camp in Korea....
and when he gets out, he'll do it again....and he'll probably rape the weakest in prison...sorry if I feel no compassion.

Old 04-09-2015, 01:01 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it, these people are a menace and should be put away for life....away from society, away from children....

random people on the internet? I hope he suffers....for what he has done to the lives of so many children, for they will live in their own prisons....and good, I hope they are worse then a hard labor camp in Korea....
and when he gets out, he'll do it again....and he'll probably rape the weakest in prison...sorry if I feel no compassion.

Well, from what I understand those in prison don't take too kindly to rapists and pedophiles! I'm sure he'll be treated in kind by some of his fellow inmates for what he did to that toddler!

Old 04-09-2015, 01:01 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Or maybe he knows more about the case than random people on the Internet do. Let's face it, it's not like he's getting away with it. American prisons are not the cushy resorts vengeful right wingers imagine them to be, they are more akin to a hard labor camp in North Korea. I think ten years of extreme suffering is proportionate to his crime especially considering all of the hatred and shunning he'll receive for the rest of his life even inside prison.
What does this have to do with right wing left wing? This guy will be in protective custody like all sex offenders. I am sure this will ease your guilt over some pedophile getting assaulted in prison. Not sure why you are so worried about a pedophile being hated and shunned anyway. Seems like he earned that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events