Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 01:43 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-apple-less View Post
I dunno. I hate crooked cops, but I hate gangsters and thugs too, so I don't really have much sympathy either way. I'd rather people just get along, but if they're gonna fight, I'm not gonna cry too much either. I just feel bad for innocent people mowed down by corrupt cops and thugs.
Same here! Quite the clusterf***, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
I do not believe this could ever happen where I live, every shop owner would have friends volunteer for armed security, and the only looters would be dead looters

Protesting is fine, but when you start looting and burning hard working Americans homes and businesses, you deserve to be shot

Yep!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 02:15 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
It's pretty clear what us good christian white american citizens have to do.

Our armed minutemen who have been successfully patrolling our borders keeping illegals at bay and defending clive bundy from paying his cattle ranging bills, need to take their talents, arms, advanced training, keen strategic minds and superior levels of physical fitness to patrol these african american communities and show them what real American Freedom is all about.
Why don't you do it?

Old 04-29-2015, 02:26 PM

93,375 posts, read 124,009,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Since the police in this country absolutely refuse to change their ways and stop murdering unarmed black men, I would say this is probably the future of America. Expect non-stop police brutality and civil unrest in all major cities, indefinitely. It's been going on for 25 years now. It's probably not going to stop soon. It's seems American police would rather escalate it, then reform themselves.
This stuff has been going on for longer than that. Here's info on the first recorded "race" riot in North America: The Shelburne Race Riot

Then, look up the Red Summer of 1919: The Red Summer of 1919

Detroit has had about 4 riots: LIttle Known Black History Fact: Thornton and Lucie Blackburn | Black America Web

Detroit race riot of 1863 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Detroit race riot of 1943 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1967 Detroit riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More riots: 1967 Newark riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tulsa race riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1964 Rochester race riot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of incidents of civil unrest in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-29-2015, 03:39 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,860 times
I do not imagine looting and rioting will continue across the UNited States. Perhaps some small incidents here and there, but for the most part, I imagien people don't want to destroy their own neighborhoods.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:47 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
The "has to stop" line is real tired on this score.

We've had a national history of endless opportunities to practice how to stop it, but obviously we haven't gotten the hang of it (so to speak.) Racial rioting is probably the longest running show in U.S. history.

Take a look:

Mass racial violence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ok, if it's unstoppable then why do we constantly hear "if we only gave the community X or Y (usually dealing with $$$$$) or, "if we didn't make them feel bad,mad,less than etc. etc. etc." then they wouldn't be so frustrated and blow up into riots.

So what you're saying is all of that blather is just crap and there is no real answer except to stop it by force when it sparks?

If that's truly the case then I'm sure you'd be all for a swift,decisive police/national guard put down of any uprising right?

There has to be an answer to this. It may not be a comfortable one, it may not be convenient or always palatable but there is one and obviously what's been tried since LBJ's day hasn't worked.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabber_wocky View Post
I do not imagine looting and rioting will continue across the UNited States. Perhaps some small incidents here and there, but for the most part, I imagien people don't want to destroy their own neighborhoods.
I wish you were right but fear you are not as evidenced by the multiple incidents and frequency over the last 6 months.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:49 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasse View Post
It's pretty clear what us good christian white american citizens have to do.

Our armed minutemen who have been successfully patrolling our borders keeping illegals at bay and defending clive bundy from paying his cattle ranging bills, need to take their talents, arms, advanced training, keen strategic minds and superior levels of physical fitness to patrol these african american communities and show them what real American Freedom is all about.

I doubt that will work, and plus it will exacerbate the situation, but whatever.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:43 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
it's more important to take note of the places where riots are not happening. in south Carolina, after Walter Scott was shot in the back, there were no riots, because Ofc Slager was swiftly arrested and charged. Maybe Baltimore pd should look into that.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:51 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
it's more important to take note of the places where riots are not happening. in south Carolina, after Walter Scott was shot in the back, there were no riots, because Ofc Slager was swiftly arrested and charged. Maybe Baltimore pd should look into that.
So you want every officer who is in a situation like this arrested and charged without due process...oh I see.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
Same in Hearne Tx where that 95 year old Black woman got shot by a White cop.
He got fired immediately and they called in the Texas Rangers to investigate.

The people had nothing to protest over..the cop got fired immediately. He was later found innocent and actually wanted his job back but the town said no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events