Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 10:50 AM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
that poster is reaching so hard she's going to dislocate her shoulder blades.
Why do you say that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 11:18 AM

19,842 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
How about the damages caused by the thugs with guns and badges? Not a problem?
That isn't the subject of this thread now, is it?

Old 05-01-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
if "thug" is not being used in a racial context, why are only black men called thugs? why are educated black men, with middle class backgrounds, like Richard Sherman and Kanye west called thugs? Kanye West is a lot of things, but he is not and will never be a thug. even when people talk about the affluenza kid, people use words like brat or punk. no, my cat is a brat and my son acts like a little punk sometimes, the affluenza murderer is a thug.
One year of art school is "educated"? Good stuff! I suppose Kanye may have been called a thug based on his violent nature.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
One year of art school is "educated"? Good stuff! I suppose Kanye may have been called a thug based on his violent nature.
I can't speak for Kanye (and wouldn't for that fool any way) but Richard Sherman holds a BA in Communications from Stanford.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I can't speak for Kanye (and wouldn't for that fool any way) but Richard Sherman holds a BA in Communications from Stanford.
I am not familiar with Richard Sherman but 34 lumped him in with Kanye in the plural. Fact is, they are NOT both educated unless she considers 1 yr of art school an education which pretty much would lump him in with any nitwit who went to beauty school. To her second point, I wouldn't necessarily call KW a thug but I can understand why someone else might.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:42 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
Why do you say that?
because she's desperately trying to find some elusive hypocrisy in the affluenza kid not called a thug, and kanye west supposedly being called a thug.

drunk driving isn't a 'thug' characteristic period.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:47 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
As I pointed out several pages ago, many members of the black community have embraced the "thug life" image and all that comes with it, and I shared photographs of famous blacks doing just that. So it should come as no surprise nor should anyone become offended when a black person dressed like a thug and breaking the law is inevitably referred to as a thug. If you *do* have a problem with it, address it with the young urban black community whom have made the thug life a source of pride to be worn like a badge, for it is they who have chosen that image.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:41 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
because she's desperately trying to find some elusive hypocrisy in the affluenza kid not called a thug, and kanye west supposedly being called a thug.

drunk driving isn't a 'thug' characteristic period.
Oh, okay. I thought you were talking about me lol.

And yes, I agree. Drunk driving is immature, irresponsible, dangerous, etc, but it doesn't done with the intention of killing someone. It's done by someone who is only thinking about what he/she wants (to have a good time). Someone who kills someone from driving drunk should certainly face consequences, but I don't think that a drunk driving accident is the same thing as intentionally attacking someone or committing another violent crime.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:42 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
City Data People rational: Its all the Asians/Arabs fault for owning all the inner city business, its all the Jews fault for owning all the banks

Old 05-01-2015, 12:56 PM

716 posts, read 1,237,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Yup but for someone so "smart" he sure says a lot of idiotic things...he's actually the first person I've ever heard say that "thug is the new n-word" and he says a bunch of other moronic things too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events