Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 10:24 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,322,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Several policemen were murdered ... run over.. crashed into head on... and shot today... why not post their stories?....

Where are the standards there and the stories here... lets hold EVERYONE accountable

Silence
Do you suppose that the assailants in the aforementioned incidents will be given a four month suspension only to be served on weekends? If so I would be more than happy to start a thread protesting or at the very least bemoaning the fact that another cop-killer got a slap on the wrist. But you and I know that starting another thread calling for justice for the slain officers is pretty much a pleonasm. Unlike police acting badly, we know with absolute certainty that perpetrators of these crimes will be hunted down, tried (if they make it to court) and will be sentenced to the full extent of the law and with the public's full blessing.

We post new threads on cops behaving badly because we know that the opposite is true. We post these threads because we want our government to change how police behave in our communities. We know where our governments are, but speaking for myself, I don't know where cop murders are or how I can get them to stop murdering cops. So to what end would such a thread serve?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 10:25 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlue View Post
Apparently, he's a "great" cop. The city doesn't mind paying people off to keep this guy around. To the tune of $60,000 !!!
According to CBS Miami, Archer has been a defendant in several other lawsuits involving excessive force, including Guy Moulin, who settled with the city for $60,000 in 2013 after he alleged he was beaten by Archer.
I wonder what in the world it takes for a department to fire a cop with an abuse problem if he's been involved in several other lawsuits??? Does he have to KILL someone?
I would love to know how much money taxpayers nationally are on the hook for annually to keep dirty cops on the job. I imagine it's in the billions.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:34 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
You could've just posted the stories as new threads instead of complaining about why others won't post something.

There's already a thread on Officer Moore in the NYC section...

Old 05-05-2015, 10:40 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You could've just posted the stories as new threads instead of complaining about why others won't post something.

There's already a thread on Officer Moore in the NYC section...
Why.. I was politely replying to a request...

Have a nice night... dont let the panties get rolled too tight.. cuts the circulation

Old 05-05-2015, 10:43 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Several policemen were murdered ... run over.. crashed into head on... and shot today... why not post their stories?....

Where are the standards there and the stories here... lets hold EVERYONE accountable

Silence
Who told you you're not allowed to make such threads? How about instead of whining and telling us we're not supposed to talk about dirty cops you just make those threads and stay out of these ones?

Old 05-05-2015, 10:47 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Do you suppose that the assailants in the aforementioned incidents will be given a four month suspension only to be served on weekends? If so I would be more than happy to start a thread protesting or at the very least bemoaning the fact that another cop-killer got a slap on the wrist. But you and I know that starting another thread calling for justice for the slain officers is pretty much a pleonasm. Unlike police acting badly, we know with absolute certainty that perpetrators of these crimes will be hunted down, tried (if they make it to court) and will be sentenced to the full extent of the law and with the public's full blessing.

We post new threads on cops behaving badly because we know that the opposite is true. We post these threads because we want our government to change how police behave in our communities. We know where our governments are, but speaking for myself, I don't know where cop murders are or how I can get them to stop murdering cops. So to what end would such a thread serve?
Hmmm

You might be posting as you say

or

You could be posting from a minimum security facility

Or... you could be an ex felon.. or drug proponent.. or just got one too many tickets.... or a social justice person

Reality.. 500000 to 1.5 million coppers having thousands upon thousands of calls for service.. or observations of criminal behavior will occur each day... 99 plus percent will result in no sensational story for you to post

As far as hunting down perpetrators... ha... get real... stupid criminals get caught.. there are plenty of smart criminals out there

As to how you would stop the murder of police officers and what end would such a thread serve.. wow.. that certainly says volumes about your mentality

Ill let you think about that one.. get creative.. think outside the box.....

Old 05-05-2015, 10:56 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,347,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Who told you you're not allowed to make such threads? How about instead of whining and telling us we're not supposed to talk about dirty cops you just make those threads and stay out of these ones?
Common sense ain't so common anymore.

I guess that's why these police brutality cases keep popping up.

Let me hush before he goes on with the old "hater" "anti-cop" deflec... I mean defense.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:33 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
HuffPost Live

Last month, several North Miami Beach Police officers were spotted using mugshots of local black teens as targets during shooting practice instead of issued blank targets. .

Miami isn't a place I'd want to run into an officer. I sure hope they clean up there act a bit, with all the tension and everything you'd think they'd be a little more careful.

I think after all is said and done with these riots, even if the riots weren't right to do, at least people are aware and hopefully the good cops help get rid of the bad ones. Sort of like our neighborhood watches, where we try to assist the police in getting rid of bad people.

Old 05-05-2015, 11:38 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Common sense ain't so common anymore.

I guess that's why these police brutality cases keep popping up.

Let me hush before he goes on with the old "hater" "anti-cop" deflec... I mean defense.
I know, I mean can't we ask our police force to help weed out the cops who are not obeying the law? I think we can expect some changes, and I would think good police officers would agree. Maybe they won't get fired for ratting out a bad cop anymore.

It's like the Catholic church covering up rapists. Enough already, this is 2015, not 1950. Time to put our big panties on.

Old 05-06-2015, 12:06 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,025,121 times

It does, Chief, it does. The smirk on your face speaks for it's self too.

You've got to get the scum on the top, before you can get the scum on the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events