Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 05:23 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times

Advertisements

We've legislated a lot of laws (both manufacturing safety standards and seat belt use, etc.) that make driving safer...

Now we need to work on drugs - something besides throwing people in jail. When you're addicted to drugs you really aren't thinking any further into the future than your next fix so possibly going to jail is not a deterrent and certainly isn't good treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2015, 06:03 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,056,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
In regards to the title of this thread, the shape of the world, the scrambling of morals and ethics, the uncertainty of what the word "truth" even means anymore, it's no wonder people are trying to escape, get trapped and in a sense, don't really care anymore. That's what I think drug use is all about - escape. A false sense of recreational fun. Lack of self-respect and much self-destruction.

WHERE IS THE HOPE? Where do you place your hope? IS there any hope? My hope is in Christ Jesus. He saved me from myself and the many addictions that were taking me down a slippery slope. If I'm wrong, then what is right? Works for me!

Jesus is your drug. Live and let live.

Old 05-10-2015, 02:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't have to look it up.
I don't live in a world of make-believe-so-I-can-get-high-pick-the-stats-I-want.
I work in a trauma center.

Of course there's a heroin epidemic (not an epidemic of females that vanquish bad guys).
The same losers who love getting high from Rx drugs are going to find a fix one way or another.
But we're happy that we can take the Rx meds out of the picture.
Americans use most of the hydrocodone ON THE PLANET. That needed to stop a long time ago.
I don't mind loser drug addicts (and that INCLUDES alcohol) self-selecting themselves out of the gene pool.
It just makes me angry when they take other people with them.

Doctors who think like you should not be practicing medicine.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:01 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
There is a heroin crisis in the Northeast and nothing is being done. The corrupt judges and politicians bury their heads in the sand. Hopefully one of their kids ODs. Maybe then we will see something done. Back in the early 90's we had the crack epidemic and most cities did a good job of cleaning it up.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:07 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Doctors who think like you should not be practicing medicine.
Right. Like you'd know.

Newsflash: we all think that way bc we are tired of all the misery these people cause others with their narcissistic nonsense and disregard for the safety of the public. Not to mention the wasted resources that could go to the other sick people.

BTW, way to misquote me on the other thread.
Killed your credibility. Whatever little you had.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:08 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
We've legislated a lot of laws (both manufacturing safety standards and seat belt use, etc.) that make driving safer...

Now we need to work on drugs - something besides throwing people in jail. When you're addicted to drugs you really aren't thinking any further into the future than your next fix so possibly going to jail is not a deterrent and certainly isn't good treatment.
I agree.
Instead of jail, let's at least try some mandatory inpatient rehab first.
Get these people off the street, away from others, and try something more useful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events