Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 07:28 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,763,929 times

Advertisements

It's exactly what happened to John Crawford at Walmart. He was walking around talking on his phone whilst holding a toy gun. A fat white male called the police and told them there was a black male walking around Walmart with an automatic machine gun. The SWAT team was dispatched and led to storming into Walmart finding John, not even confronting him to drop the weapon, and shot and killed him. And no charges have been pressed on the person that called the police and filed a false report that led to Johns death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2015, 07:28 AM

19,898 posts, read 12,185,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I was saying the Police shot a 12 year old boy within seconds of arriving on the scene.

What were you saying?
You know very well what I was saying. You said he was "like 4' tall" when he was fully grown physically, nearly 200 lbs. already. ftr, I do think the officer was wrong in the shooting, he overreacted. There is no need to lie about his size.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:38 AM

45,578 posts, read 60,936,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
wow just two guys starting a car generated a call to the police? wow
As well as a slow 24 year old who was raking leaves and sweeping the sidewalk at his house. The reason the "concerned" new neighbor called? The kid wasn't wearing shoes but was barefoot.

The dispatch of a SWAT team when someone (me) carried a new shotgun from his truck to his house (@20 feet). The caller claimed that I was "menacing" people with it. Once the team got to my house we had a good laugh since all the members know me from community stuff I do.

The constant complaints from someone about a neighbor's front yard being planted in flowers rather than lawn. That was because, "Everyone knows that flowers in the front yard instead of grass is the symbol of a drug house."

These are just the ones which come immediately to mind. If I thought about it I could probably list about 100 more from the last 10 years alone.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:39 AM

10,033 posts, read 8,706,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
It's exactly what happened to John Crawford at Walmart. He was walking around talking on his phone whilst holding a toy gun. A fat white male called the police and told them there was a black male walking around Walmart with an automatic machine gun. The SWAT team was dispatched and led to storming into Walmart finding John, not even confronting him to drop the weapon, and shot and killed him. And no charges have been pressed on the person that called the police and filed a false report that led to Johns death.
You have to watch out for those fat white boys with the cell phones, when they're not ordering pizzas they're always calling the fuzz.

Old 05-10-2015, 07:42 AM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,763,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
You have to watch out for those fat white boys with the cell phones, when they're not ordering pizzas they're always calling the fuzz.
Man Who Made 911 Call That Led to John Crawford's Death Admits He Lied - Atlanta Blackstar

"Man Who Made 911 Call That Led to John Crawford’s Death Admits He Lied"

Old 05-10-2015, 07:43 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,747,311 times
Quote:
He was like 4 feet tall.
5'7" 190 lbs,

Old 05-10-2015, 07:56 AM

19,898 posts, read 12,185,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Man Who Made 911 Call That Led to John Crawford's Death Admits He Lied - Atlanta Blackstar

"Man Who Made 911 Call That Led to John Crawford’s Death Admits He Lied"
There should be consequences for the caller who lied. Serious consequences.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:09 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,158,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
You know very well what I was saying. You said he was "like 4' tall" when he was fully grown physically, nearly 200 lbs. already. ftr, I do think the officer was wrong in the shooting, he overreacted. There is no need to lie about his size.
I think you answer yourself in your own response.

"Like" as in an estimate. As in, me alluding to the fact that it was a kid.

He rolled up close enough to know Tamir Rice was not a full grown man. His own stupidity to drive up within feet of what he believe to be an armed man, along with his overreaction to the boy's actions led to a kid being killed.

I don't lie. Out of all of these years you'd think you'd learn that. I don't always know all the facts, but I never intentionally mislead people or give false facts.

Last edited by Gtownoe; 05-10-2015 at 09:05 AM..

Old 05-10-2015, 08:51 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,488,202 times
Quote:
It would be funny if it wasn't so true. Don't know what to say sometimes.
The whole irony of it is that I'm supposed to be mad now. Black people have always been bludgeoned by the cops. Back in the Civil Rights Movement we suffered far worse atrocities than what these young kids are experiencing. But we're supposed to be mad, because of media coverage of what goes on every day in the neighborhood anyway.

And I hate to say it, but regardless of what the outcome is in Baltimore and Cleveland the fact remains that we'll still be back out there killing each other, not that it ever stopped or anyone took a break to protest. I don't advocate it, and it sickens me to see it I hope that never happens to me if I have a run in with the cops but the truth of the matter is that none of it changes anything. Plus its a cop problem, not necessarily a White male problem, so I honestly am not trying to see cops of any race, for any reason. The media is portraying it one way but we never hear about what Black cops are doing, or when White people are bludgeoned by police, because it does happen.

If I am understanding the Baltimore situation correctly the sergeant was a Black woman and there were also two Black males involved, but the White males made the arrest. But if you look at the charges, am I to believe that all six of them were either beating down the suspect, negligent, or indifferent? Or was there a ringleader of a circus antagonizing and encouraging others to carry out acts against the suspect it is all very confusing.

Old 05-10-2015, 08:53 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,051,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
{Reddit is} No more true or untrue that anything posted here.
Heheheh. I might not give the posts here a lot of value, but Reddit is in the same boat as 4chan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events