Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2015, 08:05 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,313 times

Advertisements

This is EVERY parent's worse nightmare. Don't automatically believe that she or anyone else this happens to did it on purpose or due to neglect. She probably assumed she dropped the kid off, or daddy usually took the kid so it was in her mind that baby was already in its safe place for the day.

Pssh.... just imagine the horror she felt when she walked to her car to see her baby dead slumped over in there.

I'd commit suicide if this ever happened to my child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 08:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
1 - Because I am the father of 3 boys, that I have never forgotten in a car, and I don't have to.

2 - I don't have to provide anything to you, and I'm not about to.
No you don't. But the question begs to be asked, why would one want to remain ignorant on a subject they obviously feel so passionate about?

Old 06-04-2015, 08:22 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
I suggest you start taking advantage of your highly evolved human brain. It is her fault that her baby is dead because she made the mistake. There was no holographic projection or trickster spirit that made her think she dropped her baby off at daycare.

How many babies have you killed? I know I haven't killed any but maybe you've killed loads.
Forgetting your baby is in the car all damn day is not a simple mistake. A baby isn't "anything important" it's your entire ****ing life as a parent. Once you decide to have and raise that child you're not allowed to make fatal 'oopsies'. This woman is a horrible and horribly stupid person who should never be allowed to have another child let alone keep walking the streets with decent human beings.
thank you, I absolutely agree!!! I could not have said this any better.

this wasnt an umbrella or a cake that she left in the car, but her child.
I think this is un-acceptable all the people here on this forum making excuses for her.

If your child isnt the most importan-est thing in the world, then................................

Old 06-04-2015, 08:23 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I've gotten all the way home after work when I was supposed to pick my daughter up from high school. It was a change in routine and I was lost in thought.

I also know two very good sets of parents who have left their babies unattended at home. In both cases the babies were asleep in their cribs, but the parents had a million things going on and left home without the baby.

Leaving a child in a car on a hot day is a dreadful, tragic accident from which the parents will NEVER recover. If the prosecutor sees fit to charge someone with negligent homicide, I understand. But absent evidence of intent, or drug use, or some other outside factor, I would never judge someone who left a baby in a car as harshly as some people on here are doing.
un-acceptable!

Old 06-04-2015, 08:31 AM

309 posts, read 257,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Indeed, people spend extra thousands to buy a car with the latest sensors to tell them someone is behind them, to put on the brakes if they aren't paying attention to the vehicle in front of them and easy push buttons to check their email, fecebook and twitnit messages but can't seem to figure out -

how to check on their children left in a car.

It is because the children are accessories, not the most important part of their lives.

Put these people in prison and let them rot there, in a cell where they can think about what they did every miserable day that remains in their life.

The idea that living with the death of their child isn't enough punishment, obviously the life of their child wasn't more important than the latte at the coffee shop, whatever event they needed to attend.

Take it all away, let them sit there with nothing else but to think about their now dead child.
You nailed it. These people either had too much social media drama on their minds or they were just thinking about their friggin' jobs. And people did not forget kids in hot cars several decades ago because there were just none of these electronic distractions on their minds. Plus, more moms several decades ago were stay-at-home moms for whom their child was the top priority and who did not need to worry about the next day at work.

Ah yes, and even if someone comes up with a devise to alert these people about kids in hot cars, it will not stop them from being scatterbrained. They will start forgetting kids in shopping malls or any other place. Reliance on electronic devises will only make them yet MORE scatterbrained.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:37 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
un-acceptable!
Unacceptable or not, it happens. Just like people forget and leave the door open when they have a pool in the backyard. And they get distracted and run stop signs and red lights. And they fail to look behind their SUV before they get in and back up. We have ALL done these things, but 99.9% of the time, nothing bad happens and we don't even realize we've done it. But sometimes circumstances converge and result in tragedy.

Don't you have any "near miss" stories? I know I do.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:41 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Pssh.... just imagine the horror she felt when she walked to her car to see her baby dead slumped over in there.
I can't even imagine. It gives me chills just to think about it. When my kids were babies, and I would hear about a story like this, I would shiver as I imagined me being the one to have to face this.

I've never left my kids in the car. But I truly do believe that, "there but for the grace of God go I."

Old 06-04-2015, 08:43 AM

309 posts, read 257,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Unacceptable or not, it happens. Just like people forget and leave the door open when they have a pool in the backyard. And they get distracted and run stop signs and red lights. And they fail to look behind their SUV before they get in and back up. We have ALL done these things, but 99.9% of the time, nothing bad happens and we don't even realize we've done it. But sometimes circumstances converge and result in tragedy.

Don't you have any "near miss" stories? I know I do.
They run stop signs and red lights not because they are disctracted but because they think they are so important and the rules do not apply to them. I have never heard of anyone who ran a red light because he had not noticed it, but plenty who did because they were in a hurry and believed they could get away with it.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:46 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
They run stop signs and red lights not because they are disctracted but because they think they are so important and the rules do not apply to them. I have never heard of anyone who ran a red light because he had not noticed it, but plenty who did because they were in a hurry and believed they could get away with it.
When I was about 24 I ran a red light and caused an accident because I was talking and laughing with a friend and wasn't paying attention. And there was a child in the other car. I could have killed a child that day and it wasn't because I thought I was important and the rules didn't apply to me. I simply did not register that the light was there.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:52 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,705,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
They run stop signs and red lights not because they are distracted but because they think they are so important and the rules do not apply to them. I have never heard of anyone who ran a red light because he had not noticed it, but plenty who did because they were in a hurry and believed they could get away with it.
Well, now you have. I ran a red light one day because I was lost in thought. I realized it when I was halfway through the intersection. It was disturbing to realize I had done it, and fortunately, there was no one else in sight. I would never run a red light because I think I can get away with it. I don't usually feel that lucky, and I am one to follow traffic rules anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events