Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 07:57 PM

1,136 posts, read 922,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
What's up with this momnesia? From morning to almost 4 p.m. and she never once thought, OMG the baby! while she was inside? I don't get it.
She probably thought the baby was where she normally leaves it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 07:58 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Bravo but remember, right on this thread we have people who think giving toddlers a cell phone is the way to go and that babies who aren't yet two years old want to take selfies? Maybe in good fun but it illustrates the state of what parenting is all about these days.

Exactly, just how does a parent forget their child is in the car? One word. Negligence.

You neglect to educate yourself.

Old 06-03-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I've had 4 kids and at one time was attending college (went back to school so I was old) yet holding down 2 part-time jobs yet when I got into the car I had a purpose for having the kids in there. I'm admittedly not the best mom but forgetting you have a kid in the car or imagining you dropped them off already is just plain dumb. I always look my vehicle over when I get to my destination. I've even left my car running and locked myself out. But leaving a kid in the car? Forgetting the kid altogether? Imagining things that never took place. Sounds like a serious issue with her mind.
Did you read the posted articles?

Old 06-03-2015, 08:00 PM

18,466 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
It is impossible for a very good parent to leave their child in a car unattended.

What part of parenting is so hard to understand?

Any parent who leaves their children (we're talking small here right?) in a car unattended is anything but a very good parent. They aren't even good parents.

They are negligent parents. A negligent parent is not a good parent. Stop with the apologies.

well said, and I agree

Old 06-03-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
you don't forget your child in the back seat of a car, an umbrella, yes, a child, no.....don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
BS I dont believe it. Please, spare me

you dont forget your child in the back seat, gimme a break!
Why don't you believe it?

Please debate each point made by providing proof that each argument is incorrect.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:05 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I often wonder how little awareness for humanity one has to have in order to make these types of statements.
FYI, this is just a nonsensical platitude. The woman killed her child through sheer stupidity and negligence. A baby is dead because it was unlucky enough to be born to an absolute moron with no regard for her child's life.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
FYI, this is just a nonsensical platitude. The woman killed her child through sheer stupidity and negligence. A baby is dead because it was unlucky enough to be born to an absolute moron with no regard for her child's life.
You may not agree but it is anything but nonsensical. The woman, through no fault of her own, believed she dropped her very loved and cared for baby at the caregiver's place of business and went about her day.

I suggest you educate yourself on this subject.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:08 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,952,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
And how pathetic does one have to be to not only make excuses for negligent parents but try to bully others who don't share their view?

Old 06-03-2015, 08:10 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,196,880 times
I guess I should feel honored, I had no idea I was posting with so many perfect people who have never been distracted, never forgotten anything important.

Yes, I don't want to imagine that I could ever forget my child in the car, and no I never did. But I am, and was from the time he was born, a single parent. I was never alternating drop off duties with another parent, so my only routine was to leave my home, drive to daycare and drive to the train station to get to work. I think that if you are out of your routine, and particularly if you aren't the one who typically drops off, it's possible you could get distracted and then go on auto pilot and truly not remember, even though of course your child is the most important thing in the world.

But there's a reason for the expression "I'm only human" - humans are not machines and they are fallible. Except I guess for all the perfect people posting here.

Old 06-03-2015, 08:11 PM

6,489 posts, read 8,810,279 times
Most of these events happen when the parents change out who is taking the child to daycare. Maybe the dad does 99% of the time, but dad has an early meeting or something and mom takes the child. The child is sleeping in the back and mom is on autopilot. She proceeds to work like she does 99% of the time. It can happen.

I know I have driven to work and passed my exit by 30 miles while lost in thought about the coming day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events