Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 06:35 PM

51,175 posts, read 36,873,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I love your analysis. I worked in retail for years in FL and some customers called me terrible names. Once a chair I ordered arrived torn (as if it were my fault) and the man came into the store to complain. He looked at me and said, "You're too stupid to live." I wish I could have kicked him in the balls, but you learn to hold those feelings inside until you get home, punch a wall and drink a margarita.
That's crazy! If I had been in line behind him I'd have defended you, I know you weren't able to. What an a**.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:39 PM

51,175 posts, read 36,873,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
You have a valid point but it is being made from an extreme point of view.

Although this case isn't in your face white on black, there is a racial component to this and at this level, there are deeper components. As I mentioned in my thread, there will always be dis-cultural policing. You can't expect every officer of a different background to relate to another ethnic group. Even black officers have a hard time policing all white neighborhoods. There are many callers that request white officers instead of black officers. This is part of dis-cultural policing.

This officer clearly hasn't adapted to dealing with young rowdy black kids. He looked like he was having a field day. However, by the way he was speaking to them, you can tell he was having a humorous conversation with the kids about him running around with all that gear. That conversation wouldn't have come from a racist- it would have been more like "shut up".

This officer is just a hot head that doesn't know how to shut if off but he seems like he has a sense of humanity left in him. A lot of what he did was "for show"....
Does that include the part where he pulled his gun, and the other two cops had to sprint over to make sure he didn't use it?

Old 06-09-2015, 06:42 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,658,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
It's not the white man's fault a large percentage of young blacks lack basic life skills. Their problems are due to the choices they make.
Boy, sure is a good thing you're not racist or anything like that!

(Sad to say, I was pretty much expecting that type of response from you).

Old 06-09-2015, 06:46 PM

963 posts, read 691,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Boy, sure is a good thing you're not racist or anything like that!

(Sad to say, I was pretty much expecting that type of response from you).
Since you can't refute my point you've chosen the usual route: "You're a RACIST!" (it must always be capitalized and use an exclamation point). A FRIEND is willing to tell you the truth.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:54 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,359,042 times
Quote:
Since you can't refute my point you've chosen the usual route: "You're a RACIST!" (it must always be capitalized and use an exclamation point). A FRIEND is willing to tell you the truth.
Just like you can't refute any of my points.

NBA finals time, I'm sure you'll leave me a special present while I'm gone.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:18 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,658,412 times
Quote:
Tell me, what IS your "point"? That "a large percentage of young blacks lack basic life skills"? Really? Or your earlier posts about "young black behavior"? I'm still trying to figure out this scintillating "point" that I should "refute", other than some variant on "blacks act worse than whites". Which, obviously, is so incredibly NOT racist.

Have fun. You have your opinion, and at least you're not shy about it.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:36 PM

297 posts, read 295,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The number of posters who nedlessly applaud the warrant-less application of draconian force by the state for any old reason - the usual "I thought he had a gun!" or the variation "I was terrified for my safety when verbally confronted by that mob of one 135-lb. unarmed person!" - is pathetic.

Not surprising, though.
I believe it's because many Americans lack critical thinking skills. Also, a huge segment of the population are brainwashed to believe that police officers should ALWAYS be obeyed.

When I watched the video, I was overcome w/ a lot of frustration and anger. The officer had absolutely no right to put his hands on the teen girl. She made a comment that he didn't like, but so what, she didn't break any law. I was horrified. He truly abused her and probably enjoyed every minute of it. There are a number of white officers who are active members of white supremacist groups (I wouldn't be surprised if this particular officer, is a member of such an organization).

I will never understand how anyone can defend his brutal racist actions.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:44 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,538,935 times
Luckily as an attorney I know there are two sides to the story. There is no RUSH to condemn either side. I have seen some evidence that the kids were trying to break into a private pool. I don't know.

I do know the Mayor of McKinney. Although the area is generally right-wing Brian Loughmiller is an articulate and wise atty as well as Mayor. He wrote that he will wait for all the evidence-- how refreshing! People on here who are no where near Texas are demanding action today.

It can wait.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,387,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
I believe it's because many Americans lack critical thinking skills. Also, a huge segment of the population are brainwashed to believe that police officers should ALWAYS be obeyed.

When I watched the video, I was overcome w/ a lot of frustration and anger. The officer had absolutely no right to put his hands on the teen girl. She made a comment that he didn't like, but so what, she didn't break any law. I was horrified. He truly abused her and probably enjoyed every minute of it. There are a number of white officers who are active members of white supremacist groups (I wouldn't be surprised if this particular officer, is a member of such an organization).

I will never understand how anyone can defend his brutal racist actions.
I've come to believe these "Cops" of today are far more prepared to deal with REAL theats..Like GANG with Guns's ( Texas latest case with Biker's) who no Cop ended up shooting any of them..Then there's the guy who shot and killed Police officer's track and eventually find the Cop Killer ( PA) and actually capture him ALIVE..

.BUT Cops of today somehow have no skills or emotional ability to deal with masses or large group of peaceful folks who use only their mouths to complain or run away or avoid interactions and YES don't comply with directions....What's the difference??/ I think it's OBVIOUS!!

Old 06-09-2015, 07:58 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,285,911 times
In many cases the standard of cops in the US in general seems to be ... let's say different.
It's almost like these days, they view their fellow citizens as potential threats/suspects first and the people they are supposed to protect and serve second!
I'm not sure why this is, sometimes I think it has to do something with the fact that virtually anybody could be armed with a firearm but I don't want to open that can of worms. I'll just say for the record I am NOT for gun control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events