Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 12:50 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,368,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I do. Many times I've spent time alone or with someone close to me in the park or on the beach in the wee hours. It's quiet, serene, and a nice setting to just think or talk about life.
in chicago?

Old 06-07-2015, 12:55 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
The only reason this is news is because "white." If blacks did this it would never even be reported on page b

Old 06-07-2015, 01:05 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,349,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
The only reason this is news is because "white." If blacks did this it would never even be reported on page b
Have you been on CD this past month? This is the first time in a while we've had peace on this site.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:48 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Thanks for the laugh, mate.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:32 PM

29,518 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
They all were there for a friendly a gathering as the article states and why does it even matter anyway?
Because it doesn't fit into some people's preconceived notions about race.

If it were reversed, then these people would automatically assume the victims were good people minding their own business, and the perpetrators animals and thugs.

Yet, as it stands now, since it isn't, these same people assume the victims were probably up to no good, and the perpetrators acted justifiably.

Of course these people won't say that outright, but they use 'code' (i.e., "more information needs to be known before making judgement," "bet there's more to this story than this," etc. etc.).

Yup, typical double standard and hypocrisy by some CD members.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:53 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
The link in the OP directed to a very one sided blog. The attackers committed a crime with a deadly weapon and should be behind bars, but since we are only hearing one side so far, what were the other side doing? If this was a group that became aggressive towards each other and started fighting and it got out of hand, one side called for more backup, that's different than a group (in a park after hours) that was acting completely innocent and attacked from a pack of thug criminals. I don't know which it is, haven't heard enough facts yet. Sort of like when we heard about Mike Brown, the gentle giant, want to be astronaut who was brutally executed by the white cop. Once the facts came out, it was a far different story.
Of course it is. It's always about waiting for the facts first if the perps are white. "Careful
The black kids might have been thugs"... But I've seen many threads on citydata where the perps were black and the victims were white and there is always an onslaught of negative comments about how negative blacks are BEFORE hearing all the facts. The double standards are amusing. Also the silence from the usual racists that love talking about how violent blacks are the moment a story comes out is expected as well. Really I'm not surprised that this is the attitude shown about this crime. I won't group all whites together or blame white parenting on why this happened. Instead I will look at this the way any crime should be and that is by placing the blame solely on the individuals responsible. They need to be punished!

Old 06-07-2015, 03:55 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,273,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Because it doesn't fit into some people's preconceived notions about race.

If it were reversed, then these people would automatically assume the victims were good people minding their own business, and the perpetrators animals and thugs.

Yet, as it stands now, since it isn't, these same people assume the victims were probably up to no good, and the perpetrators acted justifiably.

Of course these people won't say that outright, but they use 'code' (i.e., "more information needs to be known before making judgement," "bet there's more to this story than this," etc. etc.).

Yup, typical double standard and hypocrisy by some CD members.
Exactly why I don't take anyone seriously on this forum. We all see it for what is and I will remember to use the same code the next time a crime is committed involving blacks

Old 06-07-2015, 04:01 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,653,622 times
Yep, waiting on facts is such a bizarre concept. Wonder what other crimes happen in Chicago that same night.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:02 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,292,532 times
Is there any evidence indicating this crime was racially motivated?

Old 06-07-2015, 04:12 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagineAA View Post
Is there any evidence indicating this crime was racially motivated?
If it's not, the media will find a way to paint it that it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events