Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 07:10 PM

233 posts, read 191,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post
Everyone guesses my age 15 years less than my actual age, and I'm a white British-American (hyphenation used to appease/mock those who hyphenate their loyalties)

Perhaps relative to other white people you look 15 years younger, but in all likelihood you do not look younger than a black person of comparable age and health, which is the heart of where the scientific study is getting to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 07:23 PM

963 posts, read 689,656 times
All thru this thread, I've been wanting to ask THE question that cannot be asked.

So I'll ask it.

It seems perfectly acceptable to pretend that there is a mythical gene that makes blacks look younger relative to whites. I've observed it in light-skinned ASIANS (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans), but frankly I don't see it in blacks. Believe it if you wish, I just don't see it.

It also seems acceptable to believe that blacks have superior athletic skills. Or that they generally have better/deeper male voices.

All those suposedly superior genes can be discussed. But it would be RACIST! to venture out to the generally lower IQ (as a group). It would be RACIST! to notice the complete failure of black cultures anywhere they're the dominant race without charity from America and Europe.

Just my observation, but carry on with the discussion that there are GENETIC differences between the races (I think there are). We just know that certain genetic differences cannot be discussed.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:15 PM

49 posts, read 70,425 times
Quote:
All thru this thread, I've been wanting to ask THE question that cannot be asked.

So I'll ask it.

It seems perfectly acceptable to pretend that there is a mythical gene that makes blacks look younger relative to whites. I've observed it in light-skinned ASIANS (Chinese, Japanese, Koreans), but frankly I don't see it in blacks. Believe it if you wish, I just don't see it.

It also seems acceptable to believe that blacks have superior athletic skills. Or that they generally have better/deeper male voices.

All those suposedly superior genes can be discussed. But it would be RACIST! to venture out to the generally lower IQ (as a group). It would be RACIST! to notice the complete failure of black cultures anywhere they're the dominant race without charity from America and Europe.

Just my observation, but carry on with the discussion that there are GENETIC differences between the races (I think there are). We just know that certain genetic differences cannot be discussed.
THANK YOU FOR THAT

RACE IS NOT A "SOCIAL CONSTRUCT". WE ARE DIFFERENT TO OUR CORES, INSIDE AND OUT.

Its not coincidental that East Asians have higher IQs than Europeans who have higher IQs than sub Saharan Africans. It's not coincidental that Jews are predisposed to Tay-Sachs disease and so forth. It's because we are all different, even under the skin. That's racist to say though these days.

Old 06-10-2015, 03:07 AM

177 posts, read 194,156 times
Quote:

So I'll ask it.

Quote:
Cannot be discussed.
What you mean is, cannot be discussed without being ridiculed. And rightfully so.

There is nothing more embarrassing than a very amateur geneticist or anthropologist trying to justify their racism through science.

Here's some advice, if you lack education in a field, avoid trying to pontificate against established science.

Minor variations on humans does not and cannot relate to significant variations by definition and so cannot relate to race. Shouting your ignorance only makes you a loud mouthed idiot instead of a quiet mouthed one. That's the only difference.

Everyone with eyes knows that black people look youthful in comparison with white people. However, many other peoples tend to age visibly slower than white folks too. This study should really highlight the causes of aging in white people, why their skin is so weak, easily weathered, wrinkled and saggy post 40 years of age.

It may even point towards the oft denied cave origins of Northern Europeans and their sunlight deprived adaptation over millenia that like vampires, comes into conflict with the sun, a huge body of fire that has been the centre of worship for humans all over the world from various cultures over thousands of years. With one notable exception, Northern Europeans.

To postulate that there are significant genetic differences between peoples however, enough that there could be a genetic argument for race has always centred around one thing; trying for a sense of genetic, inherent superiority. Because all readers here know full well that you are not putting forward the idea that it's whites that are the genetically inferior ones. That will be evidenced by how much you argue against my point above.

Top tip; if you were indeed part of a genetically superior race, surely you'd be able to put together a genetically originated superior argument.

Educate yourself.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:20 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:

So I'll ask it.

Yawnnnnn.
Aren't you special.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:54 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,634 times
Quote:

So I'll ask it.

So the thread started out as sharing scientififc evidence as to why some blacks age at a slower rate than others, and then ^ this happens. I don't even have a response to something this absurd.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:04 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,724,431 times
Quote:

So I'll ask it.

Ask what? There wasn't a single question, or even a question mark, in your post.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:04 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
The study itself only indicated that blacks were more likely to carry it not that blacks collectively look young. This is no different then studies that show that blacks carry sickle cell more often than other races or whites are more likely to have XYZ disease. They don't make one race inherently better than the other. They just speak to the rate of people within a group that are more likely to have it. Yes blacks physically do tend to look younger, but not every black person, just like not every white person will age worse. There are plenty of whites that look young and plenty of blacks that don't look young. The study only shows that when it comes to looking young blacks are twice as likely to carry that particular gene.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:10 PM

963 posts, read 689,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b[U
[/u]igjretrac;39971474]Ask what? There wasn't a single question, or even a question mark, in your post.
Maybe you should look over you head

Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,936,246 times
I wonder if blacks also have a genetic predisposition to obesity that we've yet to discover. I once worked at a place that employed about 90% blacks and it seemed like 85% of employees were overweight/obese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events