Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 05:36 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,703,497 times

Advertisements

At rallies, I wonder what her sign reads?

"_____________ (Fill in the blank) Lives Matter!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 05:39 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,611,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
At rallies, I wonder what her sign reads?

"_____________ (Fill in the blank) Lives Matter!"

All.

Old 06-12-2015, 05:55 PM

258 posts, read 157,813 times
Hopefully, no one has posted this yet. If so, mea culpa.

http:www.jezebel.com/rachel-dolezal-...her-1710899988

Old 06-12-2015, 05:55 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Why all the belly aching about this woman lying about her race? Her lie doesn't affect you folks at all and we all know you people don't support the NAACP anyway.
The intense interest on these forums in everything having to do with black people is, indeed, interesting in itself. There is a current thread discussing why more black people don't support same-sex marriage, for instance.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
The intense interest on these forums in everything having to do with black people is, indeed, interesting in itself. There is a current thread discussing why more black people don't support same-sex marriage, for instance.
...repeat...

Old 06-12-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I think it's because the news (and things like National Public Radio) tend to be all black, all the time. At least lately.

Once you notice the over-representation in movies, ads, and broadcast news, I think a kind of mental allergy hits.

You do have to admit that Ms. Dolezal is a crack up, though.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:34 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,686,037 times
This is weird but in the larger scheme of things she is not a bad person. Just because someone lies does not mean they are bad or harmful. I wonder why the parents came out now, what is the reason if they knew she passed herself of as black?

I like her, her heart is in the right places, but she looks very cute with that hair and does a good job of passing. You can tell she is also white but also black. There are blacks who look similar.

Nice eyes. Looks much better than her younger years, light years better. If one feels affinity towards an ethnic, cultural group other than their own, what is the problem? We can identify with the opposite gender, but not another ethnic group? I believe if you love a culture, immerse yourself and feel connection, than that is good with me. It is not just your DNA, it's also in your mind.

Take an American whose ancestors were Germans, if said person does not feel any connection to being German, than you are not German.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:37 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,338,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Unless she made the claims up to further her cause and further her "victimization." Given the fact that she's lying about being black, would it really surprise you to hear she is lying about hate crimes she apparently suffered, too?
I'm just so not into making up facts to fuel my conjecture. There was a statement made, I corrected it. I have no opinion as of yet on the topic so I will stick with facts as they arise (which I don't expect to be often).

Old 06-12-2015, 06:38 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,905,450 times
This thread should be in POC as there is no way it cannot have some political leaning at all.

As has been stated several times, one needn't be black to join the NAACP.

Does one need to be AA to pass oneself of as such? What makes this a curious question is the POTUS is not AA in the classic sense of being a descendant of slaves. His father is a black man from Africa and his mother a white woman from Kansas. This makes him merely 1/2 black and 1/2 white. He likes to pass himself off as an AA brother as blacks embrace him for it. If they thought about it they wouldn't as he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

White liberals are those who are running with this story to stir up blacks. In light of what is in the news it is like shooting fish in a barrel. The liberals are dangling a carrot in the face of those with bad feelings towards whites.

Unlike most whites, I don't care what the woman did. I think she is Bruce Jenner insane for trying to be something she is not but, big deal.

Liberals at the top, those who call the shots for their PC underlings, are laughing at a $$$$ restaurant while we whine, complain and fret over trivial crap. After all, they win when his stuff happens, progressivism is advanced another notch and we lose a little more of ourselves.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:40 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,335,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Would the naacp have let her in if she were white? idk.

If the answer is no, or that she would not have had the same chances to thrive in the naacp as if she were black...well, that's almost racist. But we knew that already, didn't we?
In fact, the answer is yes. I have a very white, Irish-Catholic friend who was a treasurer of the NAACP in Pittsburgh for many years. There are many white members in that chapter, some dating back to the early days of the civil rights movement. Fighting prejudice is something many white people are interested in.

For example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Owen_Rice
Obituary: Donald McIlvane / Catholic priest and outspoken rights activist | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Jewish clergy in the Civil Rights Movement | Jewish Women's Archive
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events