Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 10:09 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Who is "you people?"

The anti-liberal, anti-Obama, neocons, CD racists etc. etc. (not you btw)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Now why would someone that has "white privilege" attempt to be black?
Maybe she wanted to become the first person to have white AND black privilege?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 10:20 PM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
She may have some mental issues but I don't think she was doing it strictly for financial gain. She grew up with black adopted siblings, has a black husband and black children. Seems like she really does want to identify as black. It just seems very complex to me.
HAD a black husband. She was very clearly white on her wedding day. Her family says that she started changing her appearance after divorcing her husband.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:27 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
HAD a black husband. She was very clearly white on her wedding day. Her family says that she started changing her appearance after divorcing her husband.
I stand corrected. But my point still remains.

Old 06-12-2015, 11:36 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
This is one of those lies where it seems like the person would want to move to move away and start a new life. Imagine a lie like this coming out while still going about your everyday life. Sheesh. I wouldn't want to ever face friends/coworkers or even strangers that knew about my lies. I'd change my look, use my middle name or something and move to some small rural town in Nebraska while I lived off the land.

Let's recap:

- awkward interview where she says "I don't understand the question" when asked if she's AA.
- represented herself as black to NAACP leadership that hired her
- received full scholarship to Howard while claiming to be black
- referred to her hair as her "natural curls" (LOLOLOL)
- claimed her adopted black brother was her son
- identified herself as part black on a job application
- taught Africana Studies at a university while claiming to be a black woman
- NAACP posted picture of her standing next to a black man she claimed to be her father
- claimed her black father couldn't visit because he was battling lung cancer

DAMN - the degree of lying makes ME feel uncomfortable and slimy. Imagine all the small talk and conversations she probably engaged in with her fellow black folks. You just know they discussed topics like how it was growing up black, how whites are mistreating blacks (Treyvon, Mike Brown, etc), what foods/music/movies/entertainers BLACK people like, etc. Now she's got to face all those people.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:01 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Exclamation Rachel Dolezal Responds To Ethnicity Questions: 'Yes, I Do Consider Myself To Be Black'

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
This is one of those lies where it seems like the person would want to move to move away and start a new life. Imagine a lie like this coming out while still going about your everyday life. Sheesh. I wouldn't want to ever face friends/coworkers or even strangers that knew about my lies. I'd change my look, use my middle name or something and move to some small rural town in Nebraska while I lived off the land.

Let's recap:

- awkward interview where she says "I don't understand the question" when asked if she's AA.
- represented herself as black to NAACP leadership that hired her
- received full scholarship to Howard while claiming to be black
- referred to her hair as her "natural curls" (LOLOLOL)
- claimed her adopted black brother was her son
- identified herself as part black on a job application
- taught Africana Studies at a university while claiming to be a black woman
- NAACP posted picture of her standing next to a black man she claimed to be her father
- claimed her black father couldn't visit because he was battling lung cancer

DAMN - the degree of lying makes ME feel uncomfortable and slimy. Imagine all the small talk and conversations she probably engaged in with her fellow black folks. You just know they discussed topics like how it was growing up black, how whites are mistreating blacks (Treyvon, Mike Brown, etc), what foods/music/movies/entertainers BLACK people like, etc. Now she's got to face all those people.

Since we're recapping lets get Rachel's response to the conservative opposition...

Quote:
NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal had choice words Friday for those questioning her ethnicity: “I don’t give two s**ts about what you think.â€
Rachel Dolezal Responds To Ethnicity Questions: 'Yes, I Do Consider Myself To Be Black'

Old 06-13-2015, 12:03 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
She may have some mental issues but I don't think she was doing it strictly for financial gain. She grew up with black adopted siblings, has a black husband and black children. Seems like she really does want to identify as black. It just seems very complex to me.
I agree with Chris more than you, but I'd like to make an observation as to what you said.

There is a debate thread about why people get worked up about both interracial marriage and homosexuals. Another words it is normal, so why make a big deal about it.
Aside from pointing out how it is not "normal", I also pointed out how no parents wish for their kids to be homosexual or want them to marry outside their race or religion.
So I suggested knee jerk PC liberals not just call them bigots or racists, rather try to see what peoples reasoning/rational is for opposing their own kids being certain ways.
Of course most want to just diminish them by labeling them and moving on. However I pointed out an example of how parents might not want their kid to marry someone black if it would significantly alter their relationship with their kid. I gave as an example, what happens if the spouse is into black liberation theology or something similar. Their kid and future grandkids relationship will be altered in ways no one could for see.
Instead of accepting that as a possible reason, I was derided for coming up with such a "far out scenario". Yet something similar could very well be going on with these parents daughter. She has obviously been lying bout her race/heritage, and seems to almost be unhinged when confronted with the truth by that reporter. Assuming she is not mentally ill, had she not immersed herself in the black culture (in part with a interracial marriage), to the point of believing she is black, maybe she would not be estranged from her parents.

Funny enough, some liberals seem understanding and even sympathetic toward black parents opposing marriage outside their race. Yet if the same is brought up about white parents in opposition, they are labeled racist bigots.
The hypocrisy seems boundless with liberal thought patterns.

`

Old 06-13-2015, 12:11 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,934,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Since we're recapping lets get Rachel's response to the conservative opposition...

Rachel Dolezal Responds To Ethnicity Questions: 'Yes, I Do Consider Myself To Be Black'
God love her lying little soul.

Old 06-13-2015, 12:13 AM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdflk View Post
OMG people...use some cogent thinking....

-- IF Elizabeth Warren has native American ancestry then she is IN PART, perhaps A VERY SMALL PART -- Native American. SO NO where near the situation with this woman. Not even relevant.
How about you use some rather than assuming she has American Indian in her.

I can be like a Scientologist and say I have alien DNA in me, but it doesn't make it factual.

Warren was exposed for taking advantage of a program to get admission by making a false claim. It is no different than what this woman did by claiming she is black. Just because we can visually see she is white from current and childhood photos and can't with Warren, does not mean that Warren is telling the truth.

As I pointed out, those who create/support programs like AA then game the system for their own gain (but expect everyone else to follow it) are plain hypocrites. Warren clearly falls into that category as does this woman.

`

Old 06-13-2015, 12:14 AM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
God love her lying little soul.
Lol, reps for you

Old 06-13-2015, 01:17 AM

13,722 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
....Part of the reason that this stuff happens, and will continue to happen, is because it is acceptable to mock and disparage "white culture" in America as being lame, stupid, shallow, or just plain nonexistent, all of which are quite offensive. White people who gravitate towards this more radicalized contemporary social justice movement are looking at a situation where they are told that they don't have any culture, don't have any valid opinions, are inherently responsible for the injustices that happen to minorities, etc, so it makes sense that some of them would go to great lengths to deny their whiteness and adopt a different culture as a means of validation.

In any case, this woman is such a doofus, and now that she's been busted, she's still trying to say that she's black... it's sad to watch.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events