Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 07:28 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcatheart View Post
I knew something was amiss with her when she went the wrong way doing the electric slide!!!!!
Just forget about your troubles and your nine to five.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Why all the belly aching about this woman lying about her race? Her lie doesn't affect you folks at all and we all know you people don't support the NAACP anyway.
Who is "you people?"

Wow.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
This is weird but in the larger scheme of things she is not a bad person. Just because someone lies does not mean they are bad or harmful. I wonder why the parents came out now, what is the reason if they knew she passed herself of as black?

I like her, her heart is in the right places, but she looks very cute with that hair and does a good job of passing. You can tell she is also white but also black. There are blacks who look similar.

Nice eyes. Looks much better than her younger years, light years better. If one feels affinity towards an ethnic, cultural group other than their own, what is the problem? We can identify with the opposite gender, but not another ethnic group? I believe if you love a culture, immerse yourself and feel connection, than that is good with me. It is not just your DNA, it's also in your mind.

Take an American whose ancestors were Germans, if said person does not feel any connection to being German, than you are not German.
No. See - she isn't "also black." This lady is pure D white. So her whole persona is a big, fat lie. I don't care what she looks like, or who she identifies with - she has lied and lied and lied and lied and lied and lied to a pathological level.

That sort of destroys her credibility with me.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:49 PM

28,687 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxon X Seaworthy View Post
I think it's because the news (and things like National Public Radio) tend to be all black, all the time. At least lately.

Once you notice the over-representation in movies, ads, and broadcast news, I think a kind of mental allergy hits.

You do have to admit that Ms. Dolezal is a crack up, though.
I find NPR to be a lot more about foreign news than about American blacks.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:52 PM

93 posts, read 90,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
LOL First thing in my head was Kenny Fischer from Can't Hardly Wait. That scene in the bathroom where the chick is like "Theres a mirror right there, look, Newsflash YOU'RE WHITE!" Haha And then he starts dropping his fake accent.
Not only is Seth Green White, he is also a Ginger which makes him even more extremely White.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:03 PM

104 posts, read 111,487 times
Default Know Your History

[quote=madison999;39989645]Would the naacp have let her in if she were white? idk.

If the answer is no, or that she would not have had the same chances to thrive in the naacp as if she were black...well, that's almost racist. But we knew that already, didn't we?[/QUOTE

Whites not only played an important role in the NAACP, and they were quite active during the Civil Righs era.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:04 PM

1,669 posts, read 2,246,898 times
There's an important difference between identifying yourself with another race/culture/sex and fabricating complete lies about it to maintain professional and/or political positions. I know that proposition hurts your feelings, but that doesn't make it less true.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
There have been at least a couple of famous whites in the past who identified with the culture of another race.

1. "Iron Eyes Cody" - born in Louisiana to Sicilian immigrants (he was the "crying Indian" in the famous 1970s anti-pollution commercial).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

2. Johnny Otis - Rhythm and blues bandleader, the son of Greek immigrants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Otis

Don't forget Elizabeth Warren and the many White celebrities who claim to have Native American ancestry.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:14 PM

If Rachel had not fabricated a bunch of fake hate crimes and alerted the mainstream media about it, she could have gotten away with living the rest of her life as a fake Black woman. She should have stayed out of the spotlight and kept a low profile if she didn't want her lies to be exposed. I bet she regrets reporting those fake hate crimes now.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:26 PM

46,323 posts, read 27,157,406 times
Now why would someone that has "white privilege" attempt to be black?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events