Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2015, 08:33 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
LOL! No it isn't. You guys still are trying to deny that the Dems have not always been the party of slavery, racism, Jim Crow, and the KKK. Y'all try to pretend that you "care about blacks", yet you treat them like children and take for granted their vote by giving them "free" stuff. You insult blacks by saying that they are incapable of getting voter ID's so that we can keep illegal aliens from voting. You insult them again by opposing party affiliation being taking off of ballots because you fear that if they didn't see the (D) they wouldn't know what to do. Those are all very racist attitudes, so don't give me this nonsense that the Dems are pure and "not wacist". It was Lyndon Johnson who said, "I will have those ******s voting democrat for the next 200 years". This was 8 years after he opposed the original Civil Rights act sponsored by Republicans. You guys prove that you have always been the party of racism every day.
Need. More. Straw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 08:34 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,652,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
I see. Personally, I don't think that it matter whether he did it before or after the church shooting. You act as that was a "game changer". It wasn't, the leftist media just capitalized on a tragedy to attack the flag which had nothing to do with the shooting and is a symbol of southern culture and pride. But I will note that you posted this thread without bothering to find out when the photo was posted. We know what you think if it was after, idiotic as your opinion is, but would you be singing a different tune if it had been before? Be honest.
Yes. This entire thing has been blown way out of proportion. The focus hasn't been on the victims for days - it's all about the flag. You know, Charles Manson wanted to start a race war too. We wrote him off as the nut he is. Why is this different?

Old 06-25-2015, 08:38 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Depends when he posted this. If after the massacre then he's an idiot who definitely has to go.
So if he wore them 2 weeks ago, no problem?

Old 06-25-2015, 08:41 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,396,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And you might get your nose smashed at the same time.
Or maybe the one with the Confederate flag decal on his car or truck gets his skull cracked just because.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:42 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Yes. This entire thing has been blown way out of proportion. The focus hasn't been on the victims for days - it's all about the flag.

they been looking for a reason to complain about the flag, no not the black community, this is something bigger, the media been waiting in the wings and somebody told them to react. its never been about the flag, this is something that leading to something else. havent anybody notice, no riots, no sit ins, no violence on the flag, just the media, that all. and the flag they complain about 300 miles from charleston, wasnt even on the capitol but a csa monument couple hundred feet away.

there something else going on.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:03 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
North Charleston Police Department: Now why do I seem to remember that name?

Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
The argument is legit but he likely could have arrested a black man, handcuffed him, beat the crap out of him and kept his job.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:07 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I have the same reaction with this dumbass as I did with the Fire Captain Bible gays issue.

They have a right to post whatever dumbass **** they want but I as an employer have the right to fire your ass if it in anyway impacts my company or business that I don't like.

You have your freedom and I have mine.
Yep, just like an employer has the same right to fire anyone that has a rainbow flag or Islamic Crescent sticker on their car.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:08 PM

154 posts, read 120,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Bigots can come in all backgrounds. However, I notice the most openly bigoted, and the most violent ones, are often the ones who are, like Roof, the ones of low intellect. It is often the ones who have dropped out of school, who have delved into loser lifestyles, the ones who have an anti-intellectual streak. He says "Blacks are violent and stupid", despite he himself being the same thing.

One has to wonder why those of low intellect, those of low education are the ones drifting to such things.
You're absolutely correct. There's an awfully large amount of racism seeping from the black community.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:10 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
North Charleston Police Department: Now why do I seem to remember that name?
He posted it after the massacre.

North Charleston Sgt. Shannon Dildine Fired for Wearing Confederate Flag Boxer Shorts - ABC News

Police Chief Driggers... letter slammed Dildine for significantly undermining "your ability to improve trust and instill confidence when working with our citizens."

It also said that the move undermined the sergeant's ability to handle criminal cases in which minorities were involved "since defense counsel can reasonably be expected to use the photograph to call into question the [sic] your motivation in making the arrest..."

While Driggers says that "some say the flag emblem may have different meanings to different people," he writes that "your personal beliefs are irrelevant to the City's decision to terminate your employment.

"In light of current events posting an inflammatory photograph in a way that permitted it to become widely distributed shows a lack of reason or judgment that is unacceptable," the letter says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events