Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 07:03 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,201,037 times

Advertisements

?Why Are So Many Mass Shootings Committed by Young White Men? | VICE | United States

Old 06-25-2015, 07:07 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
Because more and more of them have been led to expect too much by the media, while growing up (or failing to do so) in single-parent, female-headed households; and because in "progressive" America, they've become sheltered from the responsibilities of young adulthood, and the burdens of adjusting to them, while the thugs and slackers are more adept at finding an easier way to get by, courtesy of Big Brother and Sister, who seem determined to turn us, into a nation of either wolves or sheep, without much in between.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:08 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Seems to stem from psychological issues mixed with some sort of extremism.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:11 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Tactically?

Off hand, I'd say that they are less likely to be stopped and discovered by the police.

As Chekov said, "I do not want to be shot down on the way to our own funeral." That is less likely to happen to them.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:26 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
They don't hold their guns sideways gangsta style so they have better aim?

Old 06-25-2015, 07:33 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Young White men and Young Black men....

Both committing heinous crimes.

I wonder if anyone is trying to connect any dots.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Young White men and Young Black men....

Both committing heinous crimes.

I wonder if anyone is trying to connect any dots.
There is a difference though. When you see mass shootings such as the one we just had along with the Colorado theater shooting and the Sandy Hook shooting, these individuals committing these heinous crimes have deep psychological issues. No sane person just wakes up one morning and decides to kill children in a school, people in a theater, or peaceful people during bible study in a church.

Blacks on the other hand tend to commit more spontaneous shootings/killings for different motives such as drug turf beef, gang beef, "he disrespected me", "he slept with my baby mama", "he looked at me wrong", "he bumped me in the club", etc...

Old 06-25-2015, 07:51 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
There is a difference though. When you see mass shootings such as the one we just had along with the Colorado theater shooting and the Sandy Hook shooting, these individuals committing these heinous crimes have deep psychological issues. No sane person just wakes up one morning and decides to kill children in a school, people in a theater, or peaceful people during bible study in a church.
It's probably worth investigating why young blacks don't get more involved in these, but my quick guess is that it's a reaction by young white youth who first have severe psychological problems who are then unable to handle the cognitive dissonance of failing while supposedly having all the social factors that should add up to success.

Quote:
Blacks on the other hand tend to commit more spontaneous shootings/killings for different motives such as drug turf beef, gang beef, "he disrespected me", "he slept with my baby mama", "he looked at me wrong", "he bumped me in the club", etc...
But if you separate the two issues of gang-related killing and "honor"-related killing and match them up with the same white demographics, you see the same pattern among those whites.

It's worth studying that in urban (particularly northern urban) areas black youth have a combination of gang-related violence plus the more southern honor-related violence. I don't believe this combination is common among whites (perhaps ethnic whites are an exception), although it may be as common among Latinos.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:57 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post

Of course all generalizations have exceptions (nod to the PC influenced) but white people normally think and plan before they do something and blacks generally act on impulse as you mention. But to keep this in perspective, despite the random white mass killers, blacks still commit 13 times more murders in proportion to their population than do whites.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It's probably worth investigating why young blacks don't get more involved in these, but my quick guess is that it's a reaction by young white youth who first have severe psychological problems who are then unable to handle the cognitive dissonance of failing while supposedly having all the social factors that should add up to success.

But if you separate the two issues of gang-related killing and "honor"-related killing and match them up with the same white demographics, you see the same pattern among those whites.

It's worth studying that in urban (particularly northern urban) areas black youth have a combination of gang-related violence plus the more southern honor-related violence. I don't believe this combination is common among whites (perhaps ethnic whites are an exception), although it may be as common among Latinos.
But you dont, and the same goes for Latinos. Look at the mass shootings/killings currently going on in places like Baltimore, Philly, Detroit and Chicago. These are all black on black shootings/killings. Name me one white town in this country that is experiencing these type of white on white violent crimes involving shootings/killings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events