Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 05:54 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times

Advertisements

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!

Old 07-05-2015, 05:55 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,367,951 times
I dare say that if this is true, the vast majority have little clue about the rest of world.

I have been around the world 3 times. I have visited more than 60 countries at one time or another. When ever I got back to the USA I was more than glad to be here.

I have often thought about all the good things about the USA. If I really thought about it, I could fill up several pages on the benefits of living in the USA. So many thing we take for granted that simply do not exist in other places. Things like:

Being able to drink water out of the faucet in our own home. There are many places where people walk for miles to fill up a 5 gallon bucket to take home for water just for that one day.

The greatest highway system in the world, pot holes, traffic jams and all.

The ability to call 911 and have fire, EMS, police there to help you when you get in all kinds of trouble.

Though we are certainly not crime free, we don't have to worry about some faction down the road maundering through the streets chopping off arms, raping women, putting tires around your neck and setting them on fire ......

Our biggest daily issues revolve around finding a WiFi hot spot or waiting in line to eat yet another fatty hamburger.

Yes, there are exceptions. People are struggling to pay bills or are homeless. Though we have the greatest health care available, there are those that don't have access to it.

We are not perfect. When the rest of world gets in trouble, the USA is expected to come bail them out, and many times .... we do.

A large percent of our population is caring, and giving.

I hear stories about a homeless girl in LA excelling in school through hard work and effort and earning a scholarship to Harvard. I know that virtually every person in the USA truly has a chance to excel and have a good life, if they want to work for it. I don't care where you come from or what color you are.

I truly believe it is a land of unlimited opportunity. If you don't believe it or don't like it, I do not have a problem with you giving up your citizenship and taking up residence in another country.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:57 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I bet they were all Conservatives too.

That's funny usually it is the liberals that say they are leaving the country if such and such happens. LOL

Old 07-05-2015, 06:01 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymike View Post
There are international flights leaving on the hour at an airport near you.

Yes, but unlike the United States you can't just arrive illegally and stay.

Try moving to Australia. Hell, try moving to Mexico without your ducks in a row.

In many countries for a US citizen or anyone from another country, you need a sponsor, you need to prove you have enough in financial assets that you won't be a burden to that country.....unlike the US.

And unlike the US you can't just push out a baby and the baby is a US Citizen.

You see there is more involved in this than just getting on a plane.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:06 PM

4,863 posts, read 6,927,783 times
They should all move to Mexico. I understand it's only half full now. No one in America will try to stop them crossing the border the other way.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:09 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, but unlike the United States you can't just arrive illegally and stay.

Try moving to Australia. Hell, try moving to Mexico without your ducks in a row.

In many countries for a US citizen or anyone from another country, you need a sponsor, you need to prove you have enough in financial assets that you won't be a burden to that country.....unlike the US.

And unlike the US you can't just push out a baby and the baby is a US Citizen.

You see there is more involved in this than just getting on a plane
So true

Old 07-05-2015, 06:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Fantasy perception of life in a country they don't know?
Signed a former francofile

Old 07-05-2015, 06:11 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
They should all move to Mexico. I understand it's only half full now. No one in America will try to stop them crossing the border the other way.
True, but not for people from Central or South America, unless they have money.

Old 07-05-2015, 06:17 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
More room for me! WOO HOO!

Old 07-05-2015, 06:26 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But according to the left those things aren't really happening and therefore we shouldn't be concerned about them. We shouldn't be concerned about millions of illegal aliens in our country either that are taking American jobs, taxes and resources and reducing blue-collared American worker's wages (along with their greedy employers). It's only conservatives that are afraid of a dreamed up boogey man. None of this is really happening . Didn't you get the memo?

Maybe they want to escape all the white privilege and racism that liberals are always complaining conservatives cause. Maybe they're tired of the one percenters that conservatives supposedly vote for. Liberals give everybody a million reasons why America sucks, and then criticize them when they want to leave. You gotta love liberals. Liberals have no coherent story line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events