Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you back her ?
Yes 210 80.46%
No 51 19.54%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:24 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,260,062 times

Advertisements

http://6abc.com/society/diner-owner-...crying/866585/

This past Friday evening, 5 of us went out to eat....there was a family there, and they allowed their daughter/toddler, to ruin everyone else's evening. She would scream, and they would laugh...and this went on during the entire time they were there....everyone kept looking at them, and yet, not once did they say no to her...they laughed at her and encouraged her to do it more....

People were looking at them....but they didn't care...I almost got up and said something to them...you couldn't hear anyone else talking...and when they got up to leave, I honestly thought that people would start clapping.

So, yeah, I've run into this problem a lot....

When we were kids and in public, we had to whisper and if we went out to eat, we were seen and not heard....and if we caused a commotion, we were taken outside, and our butts were smacked....or the parents left and went home....

This ruins everyone else's evening out, and enough is enough....parents have to learn how to be parents....

I don't know if the parents of this child are going to sue her, but I back her 100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 08:35 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't know if the parents of this child are going to sue her, but I back her 100%
Sue her??? On what grounds????

Old 07-21-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't know, but someone was talking about it this morning and mentioned that the kids mother is going to try and make trouble for this owner....or sue her?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:53 AM

19,120 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Exactly!
When you file a civil suit, you have to state exactly what your damages are.
What damages could be cited in a case like this?

Old 07-21-2015, 08:53 AM

I would tend to believe, the person who votes that they wouldn't back this restaurant owner is perfectly fine with their kid screaming like this, and ruining everyone else's time there...

a perfect example of what kind of parent not to be.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Exactly!
When you file a civil suit, you have to state exactly what your damages are.
What damages could be cited in a case like this?

I have no idea, and you can look as confused as you want....that isn't the issue of this thread....
so once again, I'M ASKING IF YOU WOULD OR WOULD NOT BACK HER, I DON'T KNOW IF THE PARENTS ARE GOING TO TRY TO SUE....

OK, UNDERSTAND?

Old 07-21-2015, 09:00 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,527,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I would tend to believe, the person who votes that they wouldn't back this restaurant owner is perfectly fine with their kid screaming like this, and ruining everyone else's time there...

a perfect example of what kind of parent not to be.
I didn't vote but I just want to point out that it's not good form to post a poll and say BTW anyone who votes no is a _____________.

Not every effective.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:01 AM

17,150 posts, read 15,366,765 times
I routinely take my kids (3, 6 and 12) out to eat at some higher end restaurants, as they like the atmosphere, the waterfront view if we can get it, and the food, etc. They know to be well-behaved. I don't even have to reinforce or tell them anything. They just know. How some parents fail to raise their children in such a manner is beyond me.

1,316 posts, read 747,690 times
Two wrongs don't make a right. Both parties seemed to have handled this poorly. Would I support her if there was just an annoying adult she yelled at? Nope.

Yes, the parents of a disruptive child should remove the child from the restaurant. They made that mistake. A business owner should not scream at a patron in front of other patrons. She made that mistake.

So, idiots on both sides. Neither one gets my vote of support.

828 posts, read 907,763 times
Wow. Do you want people screaming at your kids, even if they're wrong or you're not handling them well?

Is that what we've come to as a society? Strangers screaming at each other for perceived wrongdoing? And you wonder why we as a society have become nasty and violent, and why human beings can't get along. And why something like a road range incident can lead to murder.

How do you think "feuds" begin? We are supposed to be civilized human beings. We all need to begin by ourselves, instead of expecting others to first. That means when someone does something to anger you, ask yourself if it's worth a soap opera like the one with this diner. Ask yourself how you would like to be approached for a faux pas, because that's all a screaming toddler really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events