Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

Little girl mistakes bride for Cinderella, and the internet wants to send her to Disney World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOqDbskjsTk

Quote:
A photo of a little girl with a bride whom she mistook for Cinderella has gone viral, and now the internet wants to send her to Disney World to meet other fairy-tale princesses.
On Oct. 13, New York newlyweds Olivia and Caleb Spark visited Akron Falls Park between their wedding ceremony and reception to take photos. “Suddenly, this little girl ran up to Olivia shouting, ‘Cinderella, Cinderella!’” photographer Nicole Wickins tells Yahoo Lifestyle. “I wasn’t sure if I should take photos, but the girl’s mother was watching and seemed OK with it.”
Last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_94QFnxYIZ8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 04:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Whether you believe or not - the innocence and purity of a child is always heartwarming.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1541282779
Attached Thumbnails
Good News (Updated Daily)-innocence-child.jpg  

Old 11-05-2018, 09:21 PM

In reading the news and browsing the Politics and Controversies section of this forum, one may be lead to believe that Americans of all stripes and creeds despise each other and spend every minute of their bitter lives tearing each other down.

However, it is refreshing to know that behind all the hype and rhetoric, there are still plenty of decent people left in this country.

Town buys out entire doughnut inventory so owner can spend time with his ailing wife

Quote:
For 28 years, John and Stella Chhan, who had come to the U.S. as refugees from Cambodia a decade before opening their shop, have arrived at the store with their baker at 2 a.m. every day to prepare doughnuts for the day. The community knows that at 4:30 a.m., no matter the day of the week, Donut City in Seal Beach, Calif., will be open.

In mid-October, however, patrons of the popular doughnut shop found out that Stella suffered a brain aneurysm, according to NBC News, and since late September she has been recovering in a rehabilitation center.
And through a viral online word of mouth campaign, patrons bought out John's entire batch so he could visit his wife. And most humbling of all, John refused a GoFundMe campaign someone wanted to start for him.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:49 AM

1,364 posts, read 611,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I'm going to post a good news story each and every day.

Cop Spends His Last Day On The Job Handing Out Gift Cards To Strangers

What a great story about how a police officer spent his last day and paycheck on those in need.

Luna: One of the sweetest stories I've recently read.

That face. Precious!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pani...202005445.html

Old 11-09-2018, 03:46 PM

We're lovin' it: the internet can't get enough of this older woman and younger man who bonded at McDonald's

Quote:
A young man and older woman became friends over a meal at McDonald’s, and the internet is lovin’ it.

Eric Haralson was sitting down to a late breakfast on Thursday in Noblesville, Ind., when he met a woman who would completely change the direction of his day.

“I was eating breakfast by myself, just catching up on the NBA games that I missed the night before and Jan Jessup, being the center of attention that I assume she has been all her life, sat at the table across from mine,” Haralson tells Yahoo Lifestyle

Old 11-10-2018, 07:46 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times
Experts say decorating early for the holidays can make you happier.

PLAINVILLE, CT (WFSB) - How early, is too early?

For some, decorating for the holiday started weeks ago.

Researchers says those who do tend to be happier.

The people on the end of the block say they’re happier this time of year, all thanks for the Brunelle’s.

https://www.wfsb.com/news/experts-sa...e032c06b5.html

Old 11-14-2018, 04:15 PM

Sure, the cynics will say it's all about publicity, but I say great for Toyota and the nurse (his story of being trapped in his truck and recording his goodbye messages was terrifying). When that guy in Las Vegas 'stole' that truck to drive injured victims to the hospital, it was a local dealership that gave him a new truck, not any truck manufacturer.

Toyota is replacing the melted truck of a Paradise fire hero

Quote:
It didn’t take Toyota long to see the story and offer Pierce a free new truck. It’s a relatively small gesture amid all the destruction and tragedy, but it’s a valuable one that says two significant things about the brand: It’s listening and is quick to do the right thing. Obviously an automobile company can’t replace everyone’s car in every situation, but Pierce’s story is an awe-inspiring one, and the brand recognized it and reacted. Read through the comments on Pierce’s Instagram feed to see how the saga made people feel. That is brand engagement.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:54 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sure, the cynics will say it's all about publicity, but I say great for Toyota and the nurse (his story of being trapped in his truck and recording his goodbye messages was terrifying). When that guy in Las Vegas 'stole' that truck to drive injured victims to the hospital, it was a local dealership that gave him a new truck, not any truck manufacturer.

Toyota is replacing the melted truck of a Paradise fire hero
He lost his home, too. There is a GoFundMe to help with that.

More details here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.bd062a2b58ef

(Can't rep you yet.)

Old 11-19-2018, 12:55 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
Refugees celebrate first Thanksgiving in Chicago

https://wgntv.com/2018/11/17/refugee...ng-in-chicago/

Old 11-19-2018, 08:55 PM

19,800 posts, read 9,336,681 times
A true hero:

https://people.com/human-interest/ca...e-kevin-mckay/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events