Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 12:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times

Advertisements

If you don't believe there is any fraud going on then something else is going on because this sick nation is just getting sicker each year.

The Rising Cost of | Downsizing the Federal Government

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:12 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you don't believe there is any fraud going on then something else is going on because this sick nation is just getting sicker each year.
No happy, I won't spend my time on CATO their agenda is clearly the one that I have been talking about, reduce or eliminate all programs that are intended to help the poor, aged, disabled, or veterans. CATO is a libertarian think tank started by Charles Koch. Libertarian as in Ayn Rand who ridiculed and scorned recipients of public programs but ran right for the government tit when she got cancer.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No happy, I won't spend my time on CATO their agenda is clearly the one that I have been talking about, reduce or eliminate all programs that are intended to help the poor, aged, disabled, or veterans. CATO is a libertarian think tank started by Charles Koch. Libertarian as in Ayn Rand who ridiculed and scorned recipients of public programs but ran right for the government tit when she got cancer.
CATO didn't make up those charts. Those charts are from SS and BLS..YOUR GOVERNMENT.
I posted the CATO link only because they were the ones with the charts.

The source of the charts is the FedGov which is clearly noted on each chart.

You don't even have to read the CATO linked story..the charts speak for themselves.

If it's not fraud then what is happening to Americans that disability is increasing so drastically ?
We are a less manual labor workforce then in the past.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:26 PM

3,324 posts, read 2,135,210 times
Quote:

The Rising Cost of | Downsizing the Federal Government

Unscrupulous physicians and lawyers are the ones ensuring that these new additions are getting onto the doles en masse -- and they're profiting from it in the process. What seems strange to me is that nobody wants to talk about that side of the coin. Fraud perpetrated by healthcare workers is one of the largest sources of wasteful spending in this nation and yet most are given a free pass. Ever wonder why that is?

Old 07-27-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:

If it's not fraud then what is happening to Americans that disability is increasing so drastically ?
We are a less manual labor workforce then in the pas
t.

"The evidence shows that while “raw†or unadjusted incidence–the number of new awards per thousand insured persons–increased as the large baby boomer cohort aged into the peak disability years before retirement, age-adjusted incidence hasn’t trended upward over the past 20 years, though it increased during periods of high unemployment. However, incidence has fallen in the wake of the Great Recession and as older baby boomers become eligible for Social Security retirement benefits, including disabled boomers who automatically transition to retirement benefits as they reach the normal retirement age."

GOP's New Attack on Social Security's Disability Benefits: Exaggerate Number Of Claims | Alternet

I don't know how old you are Happy but you'd better be careful what you wish for because if they win with this attack on SS and SSDI it will eventually come back and bite you in the heiny

Old 07-27-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Unscrupulous physicians and lawyers are the ones ensuring that these new additions are getting onto the doles en masse -- and they're profiting from it in the process. What seems strange to me is that nobody wants to talk about that side of the coin. Fraud perpetrated by healthcare workers is one of the largest sources of wasteful spending in this nation and yet most are given a free pass. Ever wonder why that is?
Less than 40% of applicants nationwide are ever granted benefits. It's a little hard to believe your unsubstantiated claim about "new additions are getting onto the doles en masse"

Old 07-27-2015, 12:45 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,634,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think more of the elderly than the disabled. My Mom worked her entire adult life and is supposed to live on $1100 and change a month SS + a $400 monthly pension. Jobs for women in the 60's and 70's didn't pay much, so her SS isn't much as it is.
No, she's not supposed to live on it. She's supposed to have her own savings, too.

Holy cow, it is not possible to tax workers enough to provide a middle class lifestyle for all retired workers.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:54 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,634,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I get SSI. $733/month. I have hard enough time trying to find a place to live with that. If they slash it I will basically be homeless for the rest of my life. I figured it'll be about $594/month I'd be getting. No landlord would ever rent to me again, ever. Nothing I can do about it.
Have you ever discussed in more detail how you manage? On the retirement or frugal living forums perhaps? I would love to read more.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:36 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,485,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Have you ever discussed in more detail how you manage? On the retirement or frugal living forums perhaps? I would love to read more.
I don't understand the question?

Old 07-27-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I think more of the elderly than the disabled. My Mom worked her entire adult life and is supposed to live on $1100 and change a month SS + a $400 monthly pension. Jobs for women in the 60's and 70's didn't pay much, so her SS isn't much as it is.
There are the 3 legs of retirement....pension, SS and your own savings.

Where is her retirement savings in this picture ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events