Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 01:38 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
No one is stereotyping, just look at the guy's history. These are facts of his life, not assumptions based on his being a right-winger (which is what stereotyping would be). The facts are this man was a right wing extremist, so what exactly is your accusation of stereotyping based on??
So I assume when right wingers said the unibomber was a disciple of Al Gore and had his books all over his shack, you were Ok with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
All the right wing talking point deflections in the world are failing miserably here.

He is one of yours. The blood is on your hands.
I am glad you are not stereotyping.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:44 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
So I assume when right wingers said the unibomber was a disciple of Al Gore and had his books all over his shack, you were Ok with it.
Why would anyone have a problem with that? Facts are facts. The fact is that this LA shooter was a right-wing Republican, in a pro-gun state. Not really surprising that there was such a shooting; that's what gun nuts want; their "freedumb" to carry any loaded weapon of their choice into a packed movie theater.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The fact that he espoused right wing points of view doesn't make the right wing responsible for him. You can't blame an entire group for the actions of a nut.
True, but you can blame right wing policies. This wouldn't have happened if the NRA weren't dictating our federal weapons legislation. Doesn't happen in any other country, because every other developed country has gun control.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:47 PM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Why would anyone have a problem with that? Facts are facts. The fact is that this LA shooter was a right-wing Republican, in a pro-gun state. Not really surprising that there was such a shooting; that's what gun nuts want; their "freedom" to carry any loaded weapon of their choice into a packed movie theater.
And you equate that freedom with someone murdering people how exactly?

Old 07-25-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Why would anyone have a problem with that? Facts are facts. The fact is that this LA shooter was a right-wing Republican, in a pro-gun state. Not really surprising that there was such a shooting; that's what gun nuts want; their "freedumb" to carry any loaded weapon of their choice into a packed movie theater.
So are drifters living in shacks sending letter bombs to people and killing them. They are Gore/Kerry/Obama voters. Own him. He is one of yours.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:50 PM

1,683 posts, read 810,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

Stop using the maggots name, and instead just refer to him as the church or theater shooter, rather than giving them any notoriety which they crave.

`
You mean TEA PARTY CONSERVATIVE JOHN RUSSELL HOUSER ?

That name?

I remember callers to right wing radio shows politely referring to the OKC mass murderer as "Mr. McVeigh."

This is just another in a LONG line of cases where conservatives can dish it out but they can't take it.
Boo-hoo!! Big (false-) tough right-wingers gonna run home crying to mommy!! The mean leftist gave them a dose of their own medicine and they can't deal with it!! ROTFLMFAO!

Old 07-25-2015, 01:51 PM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
The fact that he espoused right wing points of view doesn't make the right wing responsible for him. You can't blame an entire group for the actions of a nut.
There are a zillion threads, some that don't have a thing to do with anything remotely political, where "liberals" as a group are brought up. This man truly did leave a footprint of his political ideology. No one said he is a standard republican or conservative, but he definitely fits the M.O. of the fringe crazies on the far right.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:33 PM

16,541 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanresu1 View Post
You mean TEA PARTY CONSERVATIVE XYZ?

That name?

I remember callers to right wing radio shows politely referring to the OKC mass murderer as "Mr. McVeigh."

This is just another in a LONG line of cases where conservatives can dish it out but they can't take it.
Boo-hoo!! Big (false-) tough right-wingers gonna run home crying to mommy!! The mean leftist gave them a dose of their own medicine and they can't deal with it!! ROTFLMFAO!
Since you are clearly a troll just looking to throw gas on a fire, I should ignore your post. However I will make one distinction that you obviously missed.

Me suggesting you not use his name has nothing to do with whether he is politically a right or left wing loon.
Politics aside, I strongly believe the media and by extension we posters should not give these scumbags the recognition they crave.
I'd much prefer we develop a means to accurately describe the loon by a number or phrase (i.e. LA theater shooter) rather than mentioning their actual names so often, that it becomes ingrained in our memories. Sadly the victims names are rarely known or remembered, and it should be the other way around.

Maybe if we stopped making their names become national news, it might deter a couple of them from doing it, because they know their act would be in anonymity, rather than their name live on in infamy.

The closest example I can think of is streakers at sporting events. That had become fairly common, and was a growing problem. The media decided to stop giving them airtime, and instead did not show the idiot, nor ever mention their name upon arrest.
Sure enough the problem significantly reduced because the attention w-hores were no longer given any publicity.
Hopefully the same lack of coverage might keep a few loons from using a mass killing to get their wacko "manifestos" published.

Get the point now?

`

Old 07-25-2015, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
And you equate that freedom with someone murdering people how exactly?
Because access to guns means that people will be killed. If you support no gun rules, then you support such shootings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events