Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 03:06 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
This is the problem with the anti-death penalty people. The hard facts are life does not always mean life. Prison overcrowding, and ACLU dictates early release. It also dictates reclassifying inmates to a prison to a lesser security level than they belong to. Which, when they go to any type of parole hearing (even though they are not parole eligible) they can show that they can survive in an environment less secure than they were slated for.

There is no bread and water for them, they get better meals than kids in schools. Also, taking the death penalty off the table makes them more dangerous. What if they kill a staff member? They are already doing life!! But it's not an issue, sexual assault and child molesters typically have shorter sentences, 3-5 years. Look it up.

They aren't ever cured, this is why they must register with law enforcement. It's also why the public is notified when they are released to an area. The punishment for this crime isn't even close to justice.
That may be true. But in many jurisdictions they can, and often do, impose 'life without parole'. In my state I'm not sure we have 'LWOP', but we do have 'hard 40 & hard 50' sentences, meaning they serve that before ever becoming eligible for any kind of parole. For anyone close to 30 yrs old, it's effectively a life sentence.
Anyone who intentionally kills a child should get life with no parole (ever), IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 03:08 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,519,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
I wasn't being obtuse. You clearly replied to a post regarding Josh Duggar who was 15 at the time he molested his victims.

Of course I don't find it acceptable for anyone of any age to molest anyone. I would never find it acceptable to put a bullet in a 15 year old's head. Ever for anything.
A 15 year old raping anyone and caught in the act get more than a bullet to the head, they get as many as it takes until they stop doing what they are doing. Twitching counts as doing.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:11 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
This is the problem with the anti-death penalty people. The hard facts are life does not always mean life. Prison overcrowding, and ACLU dictates early release. It also dictates reclassifying inmates to a prison to a lesser security level than they belong to. Which, when they go to any type of parole hearing (even though they are not parole eligible) they can show that they can survive in an environment less secure than they were slated for.
Early release goes to people with the least time. I don't recall anyone ever being released early who had a life sentence.

And if you're not parole eligible, you don't get parole hearings.

Quote:
There is no bread and water for them, they get better meals than kids in schools. Also, taking the death penalty off the table makes them more dangerous. What if they kill a staff member? They are already doing life!! But it's not an issue, sexual assault and child molesters typically have shorter sentences, 3-5 years. Look it up.
Well, that's just because Michelle Obama has made it that meals in schools suck. But.. If you want to try some of these meals..

Peeing in Cups and Green Bologna: Life in the Texas Prison Without Water

Food As Punishment: Giving U.S. Inmates 'The Loaf' Persists : The Salt : NPR

Looking it up..

O.C. judge who gave child molester reduced sentence is asked to resign - LA Times

'Situational child molester' gets 50 years

Child molester sentenced to 13 years behind bars | wivb.com

Quote:
They aren't ever cured, this is why they must register with law enforcement. It's also why the public is notified when they are released to an area. The punishment for this crime isn't even close to justice.
Yeah, that 17 year old who had sex with the 14 year old who lied about her age will never be cured. But, he won't be cured from what the legal system did to him.

BTW.. The guy referenced in this post, which.. I disagree with the topic title saying he "Walks".. He was released at the end of his sentence. "Walks" would mean, to me, that he wasn't sentenced to any time... They've arrested already..

Child killer & molester arrested days after release | HLNtv.com

Get this.. on FOUR counts of failure to register.. Now.. How in the blue snot do you get FOUR counts of failure to register in one day?

He was released on the 16th, had 7 days to register.. That would have been the 23rd.. On the 24th, they arrested him and charged him with 4 counts? I understand not wanting the guy on the streets.. But.. That's pushing towards malicious prosecution, which could wind up backfiring on them.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:08 AM

774 posts, read 744,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
A 15 year old raping anyone and caught in the act get more than a bullet to the head, they get as many as it takes until they stop doing what they are doing. Twitching counts as doing.
Wow, that's not ever the scenario that we're discussing. try to follow along.

Old 08-10-2015, 08:10 AM

774 posts, read 744,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I wasn't talking about a 15 year old!
Uh, yes you were. Someone said let's be clear that what Duggar did and what Gacy did are completely different things and you replied that child molesters should have bullets put in their head.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:26 AM

922 posts, read 806,421 times
They should dump him to Australia.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:39 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
I was always a fan of letting the families of the abused/murdered children carry out justice on the molesters. As unfortunate as it is, I hope the next child this person takes advantage of is a member of judges family.
Did you bother to read the article? If you had, you'd see that the trial judge gave this guy two consecutive life sentences for killing those children. Apparently, there was no such a thing at that time as a life sentence without parole. The judge gave the maximum sentence he could.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...317640951.html

Its amazing to me the amount of ignorance so many people have about the criminal justice system. We have freedom of speech in this country, but it doesn't mean that some opinions are basically not worth hearing. More importantly, it doesn't mean that opinions given on the spur of the moment without any real thought are the equal of other opinions that do involve reading, understanding, and knowing.

It would appear from the article that the offender was given the statutory maximum by the judge in each of his convictions. He simply served out the sentence that the state legislature has in the criminal code for these offenses.

If you have a beef here, it is with the state legislature for not requiring a mandatory sentence of life without parole for child molesters who repeat their crime. Do you understand that the judge, or judges did what they could?

Look, this guy is an animal. He killed two children. However, making comments like "I hope its a member of a judge's family" next time is just stupid. Plus, it borders on a criminal threat.

Last edited by markg91359; 08-16-2015 at 10:33 AM..

Old 08-16-2015, 09:43 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
It looks like before you even posted this the guy got himself rearrested:
Convicted killer, child molester arrested at Indianapolis library | Fox 59

Old 08-16-2015, 09:48 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
I posted a story not long ago about an illegal immigrant who raped and murded a young woman, then set her body on fire. He will be out in 30 years or less

Old 08-16-2015, 09:54 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
I do not understand why a guy convicted of molesting and killing two kids didn't get life with no parole.

We need to rethink our criminal justice system. Dopers and car thieves need to go the back of the line. Murderes, rapists, child molesters, home invaders need to come first and stay longest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events