Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 02:21 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,257,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
my mom had 4 kids under 6 & never forgot about any of us while out shopping/running errands. When the youngest was born, she was 26. No sympathy from me.
But at least you were kind enough to post your lack of sympathy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 02:24 PM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
She looks way older than 27. She's probably overwhelmed which means it's time to stop having kids.
It's one of the most common messages on the internet. It's time to stop having kids or you shouldn't have had so many kids or any variation of that. Maybe if people post it a billion times someone will read it and appreciate it. Or not.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:25 PM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
And it is obvious she isn't one of those people who return the cart to the cart corral after she is done with it.
Maybe Aldi's quarter is dual purpose: Remember to return cart and don't forget baby.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:28 PM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Smh... People need to stop having kids if they are so forgetful that they nearly risk the child's life. "I forgot" my child in the cart, in the car, in the store etc should never be a valid excuse. I have a child and even in my worst parenting moments I have never forgot him... These stories about leaving kids in cars and random places are getting ridiculous now. It needs to be said: don't have any kids if your so overwhelmed and mind-f**** that you forget them and risk their lives.
Such stories are everywhere because the internet causes almost all stories to get blown out of proportion and broadcast to the whole world. It probably always happened but news reporters probably didn't consider it an interesting story before the internet.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:29 PM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I agree.

While some people may be able to handle 4 kids by 27, she clearly cannot. Anybody who is absent-minded enough to leave a kid in a cart or car or anywhere else probably should not have kids, not have so many kids, or become a little more responsible. It may sound harsh, but it's reality. Someone could have taken that baby. He could have been kidnapped or killed. A child left in the car could die. When it's literally life or death, someone needs to be harsh.
She could use your time machine and go back in the past and unhave the kids. Where do you park it?

Old 08-31-2015, 02:31 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,648,784 times
4 kids under six, that is just crazy. Anyway, the baby survived and, presumably, she'll remember it from now on.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:32 PM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Yep.

I get forgetting your kid at school if you aren't used to picking them up after work. But a 2mo newborn that your entire life is supposed to be wrapped up in? Nope.
Newborns keep moms awake till they can't think straight. Wait till mothers day to complain about mothers. And when it comes time to complain, take into account that it's mothers day, before you make your words too harsh.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:37 PM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
I can see how this could happen. I left my purse in a cart once. What the mother did was an awful, scary thing, but it could happen to anyone. Other people watched over the baby until she returned. No harm done.
I would have called 911 as soon as I realized what I had done. I don't think she did.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:45 PM
eok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I mean she put all the groceries up but forgot the new baby that she just had in the cart? It's b.s. and we all know it.
You may know it, but I don't. Put groceries in car, close trunk/rear door, go to front to open passenger doors, get distracted by something happening, such as a big bird landing on the car roof or a dirty homeless bum asking for a dollar, then proceed to get in the car and drive away.

If I were the mom, I would be sick about it, because I would never want to abandon such a nice baby. One who doesn't even cry, but just waits patiently to be moved to the car seat. And the mother was probably even sicker in real life than we are in all our gossip.

But it wasn't such a disaster. It was baby's day out. Just needed a steering wheel for the cart, to go places and do stuff. Plenty of fresh air, and lots of attention from people wondering whose baby it was.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:46 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,010,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
She could use your time machine and go back in the past and unhave the kids. Where do you park it?
You know I really really wish that was possible for some people. Then maybe we'd have less dead children in the world.

You're getting sarcastic but tell me how I'm wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events