Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 06:59 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,345,163 times

Advertisements

One more reason for mandatory birth control for single moms who already have at least one child.

(If Ms. Peterson is married, common-law or otherwise, and he is living with her, then I am sorry and I apologize for thinking otherwise.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 07:34 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Babies do fine in 100 degree weather, as long as they don't get dehydrated. The ones that die in hot cars, that happens when the air in the car is a lot hotter than that, and they're there long enough to get dehydrated.

Now I'm convinced you're either just a troll getting a kick out of commenting here, or you've actually done this kind of thing yourself, because that is by far the dumbest post here.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:40 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,688,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
What she did was unacceptable. It should be a warning to people not to have more kids than you can take on. I used to want 5 kids but realized I didn't want to end up too overwhelmed even though I love children. Perhaps some family member will reach out and help her because based upon how she looks and this event she needs it.
"Let's not have sex, because we might have another baby and be overwhelmed and forget it in a store somewhere," said no parent ever.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:43 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
"Let's not have sex, because we might have another baby and be overwhelmed and forget it in a store somewhere," said no parent ever.
No but they may have said "let's not have another baby because we may be overwhelmed."

Old 09-01-2015, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
No but they may have said "let's not have another baby because we may be overwhelmed."
Because of this story? They won't.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:00 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,979,232 times
Quote:
Because of this story? They won't.
If this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is. Some people are just stupid. If I left one of my four children somewhere, I would reevaluate my priorities and examine my life and decisions, from having four kids to how I managed to leave one at the store.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:10 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,440 times
Quote:
Um, plenty of people decide to use birth control so they won't get pregnant and have children they don't have the desire to care for. It's called being responsible. If I had that many children at 27, I'd fear for them because I was simply not responsible enough. It's not that hard to avoid getting pregant, millions of women and men do it daily!

Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
If this isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is. Some people are just stupid. If I left one of my four children somewhere, I would reevaluate my priorities and examine my life and decisions, from having four kids to how I managed to leave one at the store.
Sure, it's a wakeup call for a mother who is probably horrified with herself right now. It's not a wakeup call for anyone else. Summer is not over and there will be more dead children in hot cars before it's through. Just yesterday somebody left a chihuahua in their car at my Trader Joe's. It was a hot and muggy day, and the car windows weren't even cracked.

Nearly everyone who hears a story like this responds by saying, "That would never ever happen to me." You probably think that too. This story is very rare and garners even less compassion than a distracted dad who doesn't normally drive Baby to daycare and subsequently forgot. The few people who have sympathy are probably more aware of their actions, because they recognize human fallibility. But I don't think anybody will hear this story and "wake up" and double-check that their baby is not left in the shopping cart.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:13 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,440 times
Quote:
Sure, it's a wakeup call for a mother who is probably horrified with herself right now. It's not a wakeup call for anyone else. Summer is not over and there will be more dead children in hot cars before it's through. Just yesterday somebody left a chihuahua in their car at my Trader Joe's. It was a hot and muggy day, and the car windows weren't even cracked.

Nearly everyone who hears a story like this responds by saying, "That would never ever happen to me." You probably think that too. This story is very rare and garners even less compassion than a distracted dad who doesn't normally drive Baby to daycare and subsequently forgot. The few people who have sympathy are probably more aware of their actions, because they recognize human fallibility. But I don't think anybody will hear this story and "wake up" and double-check that their baby is not left in the shopping cart.
Not true. Plenty of women are delaying having kids until 30 and many are only opting for 1 or 2 because we've seen so many other women struggle with having too many kids or having kids too young.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:37 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,404,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Um, plenty of people decide to use birth control so they won't get pregnant and have children they don't have the desire to care for. It's called being responsible. If I had that many children at 27, I'd fear for them because I was simply not responsible enough. It's not that hard to avoid getting pregant, millions of women and men do it daily!
I agree. My best friend at the time, we were in our early twenties, had two kids with her husband and she accidentally messed up and skipped a pill, and got pregnant again. They were really broke and she was terrified he would find out & be so angry with her, so I went with her when she decided to get an abortion. It was a horrible time and she cried for months afterwards. I don't know if she's ever told him about it, but she was trying to do the right thing by not bringing another child into the world because they couldn't afford it. I was pregnant at the time with a child I was giving up for adoption, but I didn't judge her for the position she was in. They've been married 30 years now and both kids are in college.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events