Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 03:36 PM

8,205 posts, read 3,479,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
I happen to agree that, "Guns don't kill people; people keep people …"

The ongoing relentless gun violence problem in America obviously demonstrates
that it is far far far too easy for people to get access to guns and ammo
who should have NO access to guns and ammo … (duh) …

BTW … I am not "anti-gun" …
I am a responsible gun owner, in favor of greatly restricting and controlling access to guns and ammo ...
So, which citizens shouldn't have constitutional rights? Obviously, it would be someone beneath your capabilities.

2,416 posts, read 2,021,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And in 15-20 years, a corrupt and evil government has the perfect way to control their population, and there will be nobody to stop them.

There's a disconnect, alright. By folks that think making guns MORE illegal than illegal, and ignoring the true cause of these shootings.
This preoccupation with the chance of a terrible tyrannical government is largely a nonsense. In order to fend of such a government - each citizen would need a tank and anti-aircraft weaponry. The people in Iraq had a high percentage of guns - didn't make much difference there. Why is it that other free rich democratic countries don't sweat it about this pending tyrannical government? - they also don't have the ridiculous prospect of these sad ongoing incidents. Re the 'true cause' - it's the presence of guns - combined with a culture that tends to be immature - one could argue that that love of guns at any cost is part of that same immaturity.

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Maybe they'll finally look at what kind of drugs this man was taking.

And.... My guns have never hurt anyone. You can't have my legal firearms.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:37 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,381,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
I have nothing against gun ownership. But certain people don't need guns and certain types of guns are unecessary.
That only applies to you. Different people do different things. They don't owe you an explanation.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:40 PM

572 posts, read 551,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Look at Australia. It can be done. Look at NYC, it can be done. Stop saying more guns are the cure, they obviously aren't. Murder will happen, but mass murders are on us.

I am so very tired of those clinging to the 2nd amendment as justification. I absolutely believe that the Founding Fathers would have stopped this insanity had they realized that their words would still be considered absolute 250 years later, when NONE of the parameters apply.
I'm not sure tha Australia is a great example to apply here.

First off, my understanding is that crime is not down
Secondly, their gun grab was 100% an act of tyranny

I'm not the only person who holds this opinion

Obama Praises Australia's Gun Ban. The Actual Results...

Quote:
Well, there’s argument about whether the gun related homicides and other various crimes have actually increased or not. Some places have the homicide rate increasing at 3.2% along with armed robbery at 44%, while some other stats have them remaining about the same. At the very least, we do know that the policies have not significantly decreased crime. That’s not even being debated. Which…considering that the Australian government spent a considerable amount of money on the laws, seems at the very least, disappointing.

That’s not to address the most important issue at play here: what the Australian government did was an unfettered act of tyranny. Despite how leftists try to sugarcoat it, the Australian gun “buyback” program was mandatory. That makes it effectively a gun ban. When American leftists support Australian policies, they are absolutely, unequivocally supporting an outright ban on firearms. Disarming a populace is, at it’s very core, the denial of a human right to self-preservation

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
That's right … Just cancel all the laws, since they're not *working* anyway ...
Why cancel them, just ignore them like your buddy ole joe biden says....

Quote:
“And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form,
Read more: “And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form,
How do you know they lied, if they don't investigate?

I know, I know FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
This preoccupation with the chance of a terrible tyrannical government is largely a nonsense. In order to fend of such a government - each citizen would need a tank and anti-aircraft weaponry. The people in Iraq had a high percentage of guns - didn't make much difference there. Why is it that other free rich democratic countries don't sweat it about this pending tyrannical government? - they also don't have the ridiculous prospect of these sad ongoing incidents. Re the 'true cause' - it's the presence of guns - combined with a culture that tends to be immature - one could argue that that love of guns at any cost is part of that same immaturity.
That preoccupation has kept us safe for 250 years, so I'd say the chances were good that it kept us from that tyrannical government.

Why is nobody bringing up that the shooter is rumored to have asked everyone's religion before opening fire? So now it's not just cops that are targets, but christians?

I'm so sick of these young, drugged up loser men that go around killing folks.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:41 PM

10,704 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
Same old, it's a terrible American tradition. Maybe if everyone had guns we'd all be safer - oh, that's right, in relative terms (compared with other developed countries) everyone 'does' have guns. See the result.
Actually, this, like so many shootings, happened in a "gun free zone." No one else had a gun until the police arrived. That's quite a bit different than your characterization that everyone had a gun.

Why is it that you don't typically see mass shootings at gun show, gun stores, and shooting competitions?

Old 10-01-2015, 03:42 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This was found on 4Chan. People egging him on to do it:

/r9k/ - ROBOT9001 » Thread #22785073
Dang it! While you all are busy arguing about gun rights, you are completely missing that this idiot TOLD PEOPLE he was going to do it, in that link above, and over half of the people laughed and joked about it, telling him to do it. Why does this not bother anyone?

Old 10-01-2015, 03:42 PM

10,704 posts, read 5,651,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
And it will continue to happen until common sense gun laws are embraced.
What "common sense gun law" would have prevented this? Be specific. . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events