Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 03:57 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I did.
Unfortunately for you ... nowhere in section 6 of that tome did it show a requirement to list the 5 pillars of Islam or listen to an Islamic prayer. It does list other items to teach. You seem oblivious to the mothers complaint. O well.
For the record, El Nox NEVER, EVER talked about destroying "the minds of your children". Apparently that appeared in another post ... but since you placed this after I stated that I could not load the actual curriculum guide, it only seems logical that you are addressing me. I still do not know what the State standard is ... this is merely a teachers guide and does not address the standard.
El Nox
Yes, I am oblivious to the mother's complaint, it is baseless, and it's part of an ongoing myth about school children being indoctrinated in Islamic doctrine. Google it, this crap started in 2001, then it died down but periodically resurfaces. Most of it starts on some RWNJ website like Info Wars then finds it's way to the main stream media where it persists for a day or so and then is forgotten. It's really much ado about nothing, your kids will not become jihadists any more than they will become Buddhist monks when they learn about Buddhism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 03:59 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Very challenging to teach world history and ignore religion.

Christian denominations are relatively new compared to Hinduism, Buddhism and Judaism.

Of the more than 40,000 Christian denominations in the US, most are relatively new in terms of world history.
It's easy to teach world history and geography to 6th and 7th graders, mainly 11 and 12 year-olds without getting into the Pillars of Islam or the Resurrection, or the lives of Jesus and Muhammad, etc.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:06 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky305 View Post
Everything you just said is happening in a lot of countries. We have a lot of foreign educated people here for many reasons including giving a lot of them opportunities they either didn't have or would have a very hard time achieving.
That may be true, but this is the only one that claims its due to the lack of finding qualified people to take those jobs. Not so much about giving them opportunities, since they are already educated when they come here.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I went to school in the 60s in California and we had a segment in social studies class devoted to world religion in both the 8th and 12th grade. I'm not sure why learning about the faith of other people threatens you so much...
Its likely because they don't understand it so they "Demonize" just like every thing else they don't understand.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:19 PM

299 posts, read 187,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That may be true, but this is the only one that claims its due to the lack of finding qualified people to take those jobs. Not so much about giving them opportunities, since they are already educated when they come here.
In some cases there is lack of qualified people with the right skills. This is not unique to the United States. On the other side of the world like in Asia you would find quite a few countries that love to import high skilled immigrants and in some cases give preference to those that hold certain skills like in Engineering.

Last edited by GritsCode; 10-12-2015 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-12-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Often a function of the reduced wages/employee costs companies can pay when they off-shore jobs/production/help desks to places like India, or a company's financial incentive to flood a market with imported STEM workers who will accept reduced wages for their commodotized tech skills, while their American counterparts move into higher paid STEM areas (requiring different creative/soft skill sets that are arguably better fostered in American schools) - e.g. finance/exec management/sales engineer jobs vs lower paid programming/help desk/lab jobs.
That may be true for a select few, but does not explain all the jobs these imported people hold. If that where the real reason, there would be more Americans, and American Graduates, working in these, what you claim are "Lower" jobs in R&D Labs, Programming, and other high tech jobs, instead of working at McDonalds and claiming they can't find jobs.

By the way, the Jobs you mentioned, and claim are at the "Top" are, for the most part, non productive Jobs, and very few of those are higher paid, unless you are exceptional, and that isn't most of our work force. To be fair, a lot of it is the Students fault, because most are not willing to dedicate the time it takes to qualify for high paid Jobs, that foreign Students spend on education as a norm. So we fall behind...

Old 10-12-2015, 04:31 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Really? So before Jesus was born, yet it's a biblical symbol of Christmas??
You can't make this stuff up.

Everything about Christmas as its practiced is wrong in terms of the historical Jesus.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Interesting but laughable. You use multiple examples of how WE offend them and ignore how THEY offend us. I will only use one example ... How about the US Army sergeant they are trying to throw out of the military because he stopped a Muzzie from continuing to rape a boy. Don't hand me the clap-trap about there were no orders given to protect the kid. Even though there is a lunatic fringe of our population who would cheer that horses pootie on, the rest of us do not. By the way, the Muzzies don't give a rats azz about OUR religion nor do they respect our beliefs.

El Nox

Interesting but laughable. You use multiple examples of how They offend us and ignore how We offend them.

You said: "How about the US Army sergeant they are trying to throw out of the military because he stopped a Muzzie from continuing to rape a boy"

And your saying what? That this Country is free of "Registered Sex Offenders" and Pedophiles? All Countries have sick people, but I am sure we have more than what our share should be.

You have no case for anything.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky305 View Post
In some cases there is lack of qualified people with the right skills. This is not unique to the United States. On ther side of the world like in Asia you would find quite a few countries that love to import high skilled immigrants and in some cases give preference to those that hold certain skills like in Engineering.
No doubt, and I agree, but we should not be in the same class as other Countries. WE should be at the top of that list, and the "go to" country if some one needed these people. Our Schools have been "Dumbed Down" far enough, to allow below average Students to hold the rest back, without some Quack Parent sticking their noses into it.

Old 10-12-2015, 05:13 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,897,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I'll bet that if that teacher had assigned something similar but for Christianity instead of Islam, she'd be fired so fast her head would spin. Let's just face reality. It's now become very politically correct to support Islam in schools while at the same time minimize (at best) anything Christian. It's another price we pay for having a public school system including teachers that are very left wing in many parts of the country.

And a public school system funded by a progressively minded federal government. Take down the Christmas trees and mangers so our country can be dismantled beginning with the core beliefs of most of the population.
Notice I didn't insert any percentiles; none factual are available.

For some reason it's anti PC to have an aversion to Islam. Is Satanism the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events