Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 05:22 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Since this was on Southwest, Pay to get on the plane first, Pick a seat in the emergency row, (The seats in front of emergency row does not reline), or the Bulk Head seat.

Airline Seat Maps, Flights shopping and Flight information- Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru

Has a seat map for every airline, and what seat do/don't recline.
This is really good information! I always chose emergency exit but not for those reasons. Plus, I don't fly anymore, and would prefer never to do so again, but IF I ever have to fly again, this is extremely valuable information. One of the few times I've flown, I was on a 10 hour flight to Germany. (I didn't get to choose which seat I sat in since the military paid for me to go to my permanent duty station.) The jerk in front of me reclined his seat right in to my knee caps, and left it there the entire flight. Hated that dude for 10 solid hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 06:31 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandex View Post
When the passenger in front of you is reclined, it's impossible to have a laptop open without having to tilt the screen forward (which makes it impossible to view) or tilt the entire computer backwards, which makes typing impossible. I've had a few instances where my laptop is open and the person in front of me slams their seat back, and if it weren't for quick reflexes, my screen would have been broken.

And no, my employer won't charter a plane for me, so that's not an option.
If your time is so valuable that the productivity loss during a flight is unacceptable, surely Business Class can be negotiated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events