Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:57 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,231,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Video Apparently Shows High School Girl Slamming Female Cop to the Ground in After-School Brawl - Inside Edition

Now THIS is where you need to start tossing bodies on the ground. Not when a student is seated in a chair not doing anything violent or threatening.

This happened today about 30 mins from where i live.
Same. I live outside of Philadelphia and attend college over in Northampton County. I can't believe that I didn't hear about this until now.

The girl, her mom, and all of the mini-thugs who contributed to what happened to those Allentown Police officers should be locked away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 08:42 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,348,435 times
Up until 20 years ago, we lived in Allentown, and watched the neighborhood deteriorate, crime escalate, and property values plummet. We packed up our kids and moved away from Allentown, west to a small rural community on the other side of Pennsylvania. At the time we were called paranoid and xenophobic. I don't regret the move for one minute.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:51 AM

8,104 posts, read 6,748,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Congratulations, America, this is the natural outcome of the media, political leaders, and ordinary people sending the message that defying authority is fine and the police will be deemed the bad guys.
I've been saying this for some time now, we are fast descending into anarchy, and the blame can be squarely laid at our political leaders and the media. Law enforcement is being thrown to the wolves and the wolves have become emboldened.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:35 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Actually I am the original poster. Please show me in any of my posts that I have tried to bring up race in any sort of fashion. Again I did say that this thread has nothing to do with race rather it has everything to do with students who have zero respect for authority. I personally don't care about the race of the students. I care about their behavior!
As adults we should all be concerned with these kids behavior. This is said to happen all the time at this school but this is the first time officers were attacked. Things will get bad if this starts becoming the norm.

I commend those officers for not drawing a weapon, and trying to be peaceful despite the attack. I couldn't have remained as calm as they did.

Her mother obviously supports this behavior and the truth of the matter is this is a disservice to her child. It could ruin her life. She should only support good behavior, and hold her daughter accountable for the bad. As a child I would have been more afraid of what my parents would have done to me then the police. Looks like this girl will just get a welcome home baby girl party. Gross.

I think it's good to see videos of what our officers deal with on a daily basis though, only seeing one side has just fueled backlash.

An officer just got fired for the chair incident, I'll be watching to see what this girl will face for beating up an officer and being involved in school fights. I hope I don't see her back at school on Monday but I wouldn't doubt it. Something tells me this will be made into a circus.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:37 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Up until 20 years ago, we lived in Allentown, and watched the neighborhood deteriorate, crime escalate, and property values plummet. We packed up our kids and moved away from Allentown, west to a small rural community on the other side of Pennsylvania. At the time we were called paranoid and xenophobic. I don't regret the move for one minute.
You did the best thing, glad you got away from that.

Old 11-01-2015, 09:42 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post

I commend those officers for not drawing a weapon, and trying to be peaceful despite the attack. I couldn't have remained as calm as they did.
Why? They faced disparity of force and their comrades failure to react resulted in serious injuries and very well could have ended in death. The use of lethal force would have been justified.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:08 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I've been saying this for some time now, we are fast descending into anarchy, and the blame can be squarely laid at our political leaders and the media. Law enforcement is being thrown to the wolves and the wolves have become emboldened.
Unfortunately I agree. Despite my overall position as a Democratic liberal I feel that the bad elements really should have something to fear from the police. My own vote would be to let the police dispense with arrests for minor disorders, but handle justice with the nightstick. And for serious crimes such as murder I wouldn't mind seeing some people die in the course of an arrest.

The recent live arrest of a cop killer in New York City is a case in point. We will now be trying him and if convicted, keeping him warm, safe and fed for his life; better than life on the streets would be.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Unfortunately I agree. Despite my overall position as a Democratic liberal I feel that the bad elements really should have something to fear from the police. My own vote would be to let the police dispense with arrests for minor disorders, but handle justice with the nightstick. And for serious crimes such as murder I wouldn't mind seeing some people die in the course of an arrest.

The recent live arrest of a cop killer in New York City is a case in point. We will now be trying him and if convicted, keeping him warm, safe and fed for his life; better than life on the streets would be.
The police as agents of the government do not have authority to dispense justice. That is the right of the people. You hold a pro government anti people rights views on this matter, nice and pro big gov.

The police do have the right to use force to defend themselves and bring people under arrest to face the peoples justice. They do not have the right to execute or dispense justice.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
The police as agents of the government do not have authority to dispense justice. That is the right of the people. You hold a pro government anti people rights views on this matter, nice and pro big gov.

The police do have the right to use force to defend themselves and bring people under arrest to face the peoples justice. They do not have the right to execute or dispense justice.
As decent people are forced to go ditzing along while the justice systems shuffles in slo mo.

Old 11-01-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
As decent people are forced to go ditzing along while the justice systems shuffles in slo mo.
So stop voting for people that advocate for mild punishment for crimes against people and property. (this is a fault of both parties in different ways)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events