Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 10:02 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,017,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
I suppose anyone in America -- even an elected official -- has the "right" to be, say, a closet neo-Nazi …

But I think that voters, especially constituents -- also have a RIGHT to know such things about people who ask for votes ...
They do. We don't have to like it, but it's part of the wide array of freedoms we have.

If it's true about a candidate, it will likely be dredged up by the opposite party or something. We don't need hackers to find this kind of info about politicians. It comes out eventually.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:06 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,599,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
They do. We don't have to like it, but it's part of the wide array of freedoms we have.

If it's true about a candidate, it will likely be dredged up by the opposite party or something. We don't need hackers to find this kind of info about politicians. It comes out eventually.
I am no fan of "hackers" … and I am no fan of the KKK, either …
To HELL with all of them, IMHO …

But, in this case, as long as the hackers have *outed* some prominent KKK politicians … I'm glad for it …

(It would be like an SS guard accidentally being included in the "shower" room at Auschwitz … Gosh, Das ist mir schade … aber … wass immer)

Old 11-03-2015, 02:28 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,407,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Anonymous has already stated that they did not release those names, it was done by other people. They stated that they are not releasing any names until November 5.
They also stated that when they released the names it would be reviewed first for accuracy.

So the title is wrong, anonymous group has not released this.

We are Anonymous
We are legion
We do not forgive
We do not forget
Expect us.

Old 11-03-2015, 04:19 AM

14,812 posts, read 8,139,957 times
The KKK is a pretty repugnant organization imo, so I don't mind them outing members who belong to it, someone would have to be a little unhinged imo, to belong to a group like that...who wants them running the country, BUT, The list that was just released (I am not sure if that was anonymous, because I heard that that would be released on Nov 5 included the Mayor of my city - Jim Gray of Lexington and I can tell you that I don't believe that for a minute.

Lexington is a fairly open minded and Liberal city (at least in regards to other places in Kentucky), and he is a rather Liberal Democrat, who is openly gay and who has always seemed to push for equal rights for minorities, etc. I honestly find it impossible that he would be a member of the KKK.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/11/jim-gr...-gay-democrat/

Old 11-03-2015, 05:42 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,884,376 times
you mean this ?
The other KKK: how the Kindred of the Kibbo Kift tried to craft a new world | Art and design | The Guardian

Old 11-03-2015, 06:19 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,278,785 times
Lets say he's not an American lets say he's a Muslim lets say he is a communist .....and no less than 100 other lets says and NOW People Need Proof????? Hahahahaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
This would not be hard to fake for political reasons. Without solid proof, I ain't buying what they're selling (or giving away).

Let's go on a wild hypothetical ride for a moment.

PAC says "Hey, let's really attack some politicians and really try to ruin their reputations."

"I've got a bright idea. We claim to be Anonymous, and release a list of members of the KKK. Have a little build-up, and then "boom", we drop the bomb shell. Make the list include a bunch of prominent Republians and throw in that junior senator that pissed us off last year for a little supposed balance. We can buy those masks at the Halloween store, and Jack, over there, he can put together a video. Billy can fake a website. All in favor?"

Sorry. This is about where my thought process heads. Not buying into the hype.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:14 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,922,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
The KKK is a pretty repugnant organization imo, so I don't mind them outing members who belong to it, someone would have to be a little unhinged imo, to belong to a group like that...who wants them running the country, BUT, The list that was just released (I am not sure if that was anonymous, because I heard that that would be released on Nov 5 included the Mayor of my city - Jim Gray of Lexington and I can tell you that I don't believe that for a minute.

Lexington is a fairly open minded and Liberal city (at least in regards to other places in Kentucky), and he is a rather Liberal Democrat, who is openly gay and who has always seemed to push for equal rights for minorities, etc. I honestly find it impossible that he would be a member of the KKK.

Jim Gray, Lexington Mayor: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

^^^This. I am also a Lexingtonian, and was just about to post the same thing. Thanks, CCL!

This group has absolutely no credibility as far as I can see, and is either extremely sloppy in their "research", or is deliberately indulging in politically motivated vendettas.

Or possibly both.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:29 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,419,722 times
They better be careful, slander is a crime.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:40 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,960,534 times
I thought about all the KKK did these days was sit around in the woods, drink beer and complain? This just makes the KKK out to be more important than they are, which I would guess they view as a positive.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:49 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,776,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Some will. Otherwise they wouldn't historically have been wearing white hoods.
The KKK did not wear hoods to conceal their identities. Everyone knew exactly who was KKK in a community; otherwise there was no point in being in the KKK. They were the hoods to encourage the group mob think necessary to carry out extremely violence without changes of conscience and with minimized psychological repercussions. It enforced a group unity that allowed the members to commit acts far more atrocious than they could on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events