Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2015, 11:23 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,832,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
When we play into the hands of terrorists by hating and fearing all middle eastern people it causes more of them to become radicalized...that is the goal of terrorists and always has been; make as many people as possible hate the west and then they can achieve their goal of global jihad.
The goal of radical Islam is to take over the world and rule over us infidels. They have no way of achieving this (other than emigration into the western world and subsequent over breeding).

If Arabic Muslims are such great people, then why are they not taking in refugees in the united arab emirates? They won't even help their own people, how do you think they are going to treat us infidels?

I'm not saying we shouldn't help Syrian refugees. I'm saying we should do it in a way that keeps our country safe. And the majority of Americans agree with me. Of course individuals with agendas will always seek to undermine us and sway public opinion with words.

And to that I say, do not listen to their words. Words are cheap. Instead believe what you see with your eyes.

Look at how they treat their women and children. Look and 9/11, Boston and Paris. Look at the Russian plane that ISIS blew up. No words can undo these actions.

Last edited by Colorado^; 11-19-2015 at 11:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 11:29 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,465,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
The goal of radical Islam is to take over the world and rule over us infidels. They have no way of achieving this (other than emigration into the western world and subsequent over breeding).

If Arabic Muslims are such great people, then why are they not taking in refugees in the united arab emirates? They won't even help their own people, how do you think they are going to treat us infidels?

I'm not saying we shouldn't help Syrian refugees. I'm saying we should do it in a way that keep our country safe. And the majority of Americans agree with me. Of course individuals with agendas will always seek to undermine us and sway public opinion with words.

And to that I say, do not listen to their words. Words are cheap. Instead believe what you see with your eyes.

Look at how they treat their women and children. Look and 9/11, Boston and Paris. Look at the Russian plane that ISIS blew up. No words can undo these actions.
I'm wondering about this too......

As for helping the Syrian refugees, given we can't screen them, I would say we shouldn't let them in this country for the safety of our own citizens. And given we are broke $ and can't solve our own country's problems, I doubly say we can't help them.

So back to your very good question on why their own region aren't helping them/taking all of them into their own countries......

Old 11-19-2015, 11:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
Whatever dude! I think anyone who has the proper paperwork should be welcomed. We've been accepting all sorts of nationalities for YEARS!. We have all this open space in the US! I live in Kansas City and this place is a DESERT! barely anyone is here! the Midwest is totally empty and we need to fill it with people.
This is a big part of the problem - many refugees have NO paperwork. They show up at refugee camps with no ID, no passports, nothing.

Or they show up with fake IDs.

It's a big problem.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:37 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
Hmmm ... 'seasonally appropriate'. I guess the French need to have 'seasonally appropriate' funerals. BTW, what, in the name of sweet Jesus, is 'seasonally appropriate'? Does Cinco de Mayo or July 4 count?

And yandex, methinks you might want to hit the refresh button if this is "best tweet I've seen on the matter". I also suggest you view the carnage in Paris photos.

O well.

El Nox
Nox, Willis is referring to a once-well-known story about a Middle Eastern family being turned away from the only inn they can find as they're fleeing oppressors. The wife had to give birth in a stable, if I recall correctly...

Old 11-19-2015, 11:41 AM

1,261 posts, read 950,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
I'm wondering about this too......

As for helping the Syrian refugees, given we can't screen them, I would say we shouldn't let them in this country for the safety of our own citizens. And given we are broke $ and can't solve our own country's problems, I doubly say we can't help them.

So back to your very good question on why their own region aren't helping them/taking all of them into their own countries......
That is a fair criticism for countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE, which have not taken any refugees. However the vast, vast majority of refugees have been taken in by neighboring Muslim countries. Turkey has around 1.9 million registered, Lebanon has around a million, and Jordan has over 600,000.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
No, the eye rolling was for your claim that 100,000 refugees from Syria will invade the US when the total number allocated for 2015 is 70,000 (worldwide) and 85,000 in 2016.
I don't know where you are getting your figures (you aren't posting sources - I wish you would).

The total number of REGISTERED Syrian refugees is over 4 MILLION. They have to go somewhere.

Syria Regional Refugee Response - Regional Overview

Quote:
Gulf countries including Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Bahrain have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees.
Other high income countries including Russia, Japan, Singapore and South Korea have also offered zero resettlement places.
Germany has pledged 35,000 places for Syrian refugees through its humanitarian admission programme and individual sponsorship; about 75 % of the EU total.
Germany and Sweden together have received 47% Syrian asylum applications in the EU between April 2011 and July 2015
Excluding Germany and Sweden, the remaining 26 EU countries have pledged around 8,700 resettlement places, or around 0.2% of Syrian refugees in the main host countries.
https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...is-in-numbers/

If the world only places 10 percent of the refugees, that's 400,000 people.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:42 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Nox, Willis is referring to a once-well-known story about a Middle Eastern family being turned away from the only inn they can find as they're fleeing oppressors. The wife had to give birth in a stable, if I recall correctly...
You might want to brush up on your bible history.......

Old 11-19-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
You might want to google that and come back with some proof
Sorry - it wasn't Obama who said that - it was John Kerry:

Quote:
The U.S. is offering new details about its plan to ease the Syrian refugee crisis by significantly increasing the number of worldwide refugees it will take in over the next two years.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry says the U.S. will accept 85,000 refugees from around the world next year, up from 70,000, and the number will rise to 100,000 in 2017.

Aides to Kerry say that many, though not all, of the additional refugees would be Syrian.
John Kerry: U.S. to Accept 85,000 Refugees in 2016, 100,000 in 2017 - NBC News

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/wo...-refugees.html

Old 11-19-2015, 11:50 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Quote:
No, the eye rolling was for your claim that 100,000 refugees from Syria will invade the US when the total number allocated for 2015 is 70,000 (worldwide) and 85,000 in 2016.
I said the plan is to bring in At Least 10k in 2016; never mentioned 100k. What I did say is that the number of refugees allowed in from various locations can change. There's also an 'unallocated' 6,000 spots, which can easily be added to the At Least 10k Syrian refugees.

Obama plans to increase the total number of refugees from 85k to 100k in 2017. Do you doubt that the 15k planned increase is to bring even more Syrian refugees.

Old 11-19-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Well, if that's the story he's referring to, he's got some key elements wrong - starting with the idea that Joseph and Mary were fleeing oppressors. They were NOT fleeing oppressors. They were NOT homeless. They were traveling to register for a census, and there were no rooms available at local inns. That's it. Nothing more sinister than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events