Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 08:13 AM

2,987 posts, read 5,249,039 times

Advertisements

The Turkish coach addressed this post-game...It was like a dad scolding his children. How embarrassing. Similar to Aaron Rodgers having to correct that childish fan at the Packer game this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 08:15 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
So a few fans boo at some soccer match and Americans go nuts over it? Turkey allowed the US to launch aggressive attacks against a lot of our foes over there, but Americans just disregard it due to some booing at some soccer match. What an odd country I live in really. Geez! We sure are full of hate and have NO christian values at all.

You must have a very different definition of "going nuts" that I do.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:15 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
The Turkish coach addressed this post-game...It was like a dad scolding his children. How embarrassing. Similar to Aaron Rodgers having to correct that childish fan at the Packer game this weekend.
what happened at the Packer game, was it at Lambeau?

Old 11-18-2015, 08:18 AM

132 posts, read 91,579 times
Quote:
So a few fans boo at some soccer match and Americans go nuts over it? Turkey allowed the US to launch aggressive attacks against a lot of our foes over there, but Americans just disregard it due to some booing at some soccer match. What an odd country I live in really. Geez! We sure are full of hate and have NO christian values at all.
*Sigh* Here we go again. Already with the knock on hate and "Christian" values when no-one was even discussing that. You are not helping any in the discussion by coming right out of the gateway with that negativity. Geez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I can't access the Time link because it clicks off each time, but the Reuters article
Turkey fans boo minute's silence for Paris victims | Reuters is kind of ambiguous whether the booing was intended as a sign of disrespect to the victims or disapproval of the terrorists. Turkey itself has been victimized by the terrorists and is at war with them.

I guess it's just hard for me to believe that people could be so cruel as to boo victims.
Another article below adds another layer to the discussion that wasn't considered nor brought up in the U.S. news outlets.

Quote:
Turkish manager Fatih Terim suggested after the game that fans at the Basaksehir Fatih Terim Stadium should have been more respectful.

"Our fans should have behaved during the national anthems and during the one minute silence," Terim is quoted as saying after the 0-0 draw.

"Greece is our neighbour. Today is world neighbours day, but our fans didn't behave like neighbours in this match."

However, comments on social media sites have suggested that the boos were not to disrespect those who had died in the attacks - but more to do with the hypocrisy of the Western world.

International teams did not hold a minute's silence after the Ankara terror attack in October. More than 100 people died in the Turkish capital after two bombs were set off outside the Ankara Central railway station on 11 October; Turkish fans also booed during a minute's silence of their game against Iceland on 13 October.

Abs Pangader Actually, they're chanting "Sehitler olmez, vatan bolunmez." Which means "Martyrs never die, the nation won't be divided." This is a common slogan thrown in remembrance of Turkish soldiers who fell victim to terrorism. In Turkey, there is rarely a minute of silence that isn't interrupted by this chant. Whether its a minute of silence for a Turkish catastrophe, or something else that happened globally, this always happens.

Mert Kılıçsoy its was response of injustice,they didnt boo minute's silence for paris attack victims.the millions of ppl dying in turkey couse of terrorist attacks where were you when more than 100 people killed in ankara ?

Mohamed El-Hami They were upset because there were mass killing by ISIL and Kurdish army and lots of deaths in turkey and no country or football team or fans in Europe stood a silence minute for their victims.

Babak Esmailpour When ISIS killed innocent Turkish who remain silent or salute them ?no one.

Motaz Amjad It's because of double standards, few weeks ago there was an attack in Ankara and more than hundred where dead In a " peace protest" yet nobody cared or gave minute silence for them. So they decided not to give something they didn't get,, although you don't fix a mistake with another one but that's how it went. Mistakes happen.

Ibrahim Abdullahi Wada They were also attacked several times but no one cares. So they have many reasons to do that.

Shahab Raza Are only french people dying ??? How about others huh...minute of silence

Ahmed Azzam Why was there no minute silence for the innocent Iraqis murdered over the last decade, the Syrians who have been slaughtered, the Palestinians murdered, the genocide of the Burmese people...... Booing was wrong absolutely, but don't criticise people without context ... These people are sick of seeing western blood values so so so much more than others and it's a Rubbish... If you're gonna do a minute silence do if for everyone equally

Levent M. Hameed No one makes a minute of silence for all the victims i middle east. 150 deaths is a regular day in Iraq and Syria. Turkey is a neighbor to both of them and have relatives which died because of terror crimes. Without of minute of silence. That's why. And they're right. Its not against the victims, its about the hypocrisy.

Talha Shahid Coz Paris was not the first to be targeted.... Before that a lot more countries suffered this
Turkey fans boo minute's silence for Paris victims - but it was not a mark of disrespect, claim commentators on social media | Europe | News | The Independent

Old 11-18-2015, 08:19 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almost3am View Post
I can live with that. We have people that cheer when Muslims die, this isn't a one-sided problem. There are people you are embarrassed to have yourself associated with in every demographic. Right now I want to smack a middle school principal in San Fransisco for embarrassing educators.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:22 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,022,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I have never been to Turkey but know several friends that have been there from different social circles. All have loved it and said it is very secular. One man goes what I would consider fairly often and will be retiring to Greece (He is an American born in America) and will travel there frequently. He likes to take pictures and wonders around on his own.

Another is an upper middle class single woman and she loves it as well. I was very skeptical but other people I know that have been also like it.

Turkey is starting to have some problems now.
Yes, a creeping non-secularism - and it seems growing non-secularized Islam. A hundred years ago Ataturk brought Turkey into the modern world. One step forward - two steps back (toward the 7th century).

Old 11-18-2015, 09:48 AM

15,794 posts, read 20,487,959 times
Quote:
We sure are full of hate and have NO christian values at all.
Well, not everyone in this country is Christian.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:24 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,962,440 times
The moment they started booing, I was hoping for a catastrophic engineering design flaw, where all the grandstands suddenly came crashing down. What a bunch of slimeballs. Subhuman slimeballs.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:56 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,101,710 times
Quote:

It wasn't just a few fans. It was how the Turks feel about the attacks. It is obvious that they are on the side of the terrorists.

The Turkish government allowed the US to launch some aggressive attacks. The Turkish people do not approve of all that the government does.

We are the ones with the Christian values. THEY are the ones with the hate, which is typical of muslims.

Old 11-18-2015, 12:04 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,249,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
what happened at the Packer game, was it at Lambeau?
It's not like the Turkey game where a bunch of people started booing, it was a couple idiots. Rodgers just called them out on it post-game.

Aaron Rodgers wins on social media for scolding fan's anti-Muslim outburst | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KUTV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events